Multiple Upcoming Bookings...

SoCalKJ

Thats my problem...dont want to book anymore until I can get more FCCs on our next cruise.

Same here.

I have a cruise in Jan, Feb and December (2013)All those I had an FCC for.

I want to book my b2b2b for sept (2013) but don't have any FCC's left so I am waiting to my Jan cruise to buy those.

I went ahead and booked my feb 2014 without the FCC because I couldn't let my cabin (9200) slip away from me while I waited to get another FCC.

I am hoping to buy an extra one in Jan and try to slide that thru for the previously booked cruise. I know it may not work but I'm gonna try anyways.

If all else fails, I will just use it for my next booking. No big deal.

I cruised in Feb and March of this year and have nothing planned for the remainder of 2012 :(. So I am impatiently waiting for Jan 13 to roll around!! Magic here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by daijayx2

We have one cruise this Thanksgiving, after a year's dry spell! :eek: Next year we have two, for Easter and again at Thanksgiving.

So that's 3 cruises booked :eek: and I'm looking at Med cruises for 2014. :eek:

can I ask where you are finding listings for 2014 Med cruises now?

I heard years ago that alot of seniors continually cruise because its cheaper then nursing homes.

I've heard that too, but highly doubt that the room stewards are going to help bathe, toilet, dress, feed or walk any seniors.

I've heard that too, but highly doubt that the room stewards are going to help bathe, toilet, dress, feed or walk any seniors.

Maybe more of an assisted living type arrangement. No cooking, no housekeeping, etc.

We're not loaded...just addicted! We are sailing on Nov. 10 for the 5-day Bahamas getaway out of Canaveral on the Ecstasy...and because I couldn't wait...I put a deposit on the Canada/New England on the Glory for next September, 2013!

Anyone else think THAT far ahead...and act accordingly?

We have a cruise booked for March 2014, so its never that far.Enjoy

We're not loaded...just addicted! We are sailing on Nov. 10 for the 5-day Bahamas getaway out of Canaveral on the Ecstasy...and because I couldn't wait...I put a deposit on the Canada/New England on the Glory for next September, 2013!

CCL, Breeze, Caribbean, 12/8/12, 8 days

Celebrity, Millennium. S.E. Asia, 1/20/13, 14 days

Viking Riverboat, Budapest to Amsterdam, 8/25/13, 15 days

Loved Oasis, so I am sure you will love Allure!

I did Oasis twice last year. Thats why I booked Allure .. couldnt resist it. I liked it a lot too!!! I wanted to see Chicago on Allure so had to change ships, plus we have a group onboard of people from our forum it will be fun to see.

I have to make final payment for my B2B tomorrow. And for DD's cabin for Leg 2. And more expenses for her wedding!

But I just stumbled across the Conquest repo from San Juan to Miami in November 2013. Since I'm solo, if I go ahead and book, I'll only need to put down the deposit for one. If I wait, I'll have to make deposit for 2. And this way, I can lock in a 1A porthole cabin.

Hey, what's another $250 (or maybe $300) on my credit card at this point? I'll just be able to redeem points sooner, right? :p

Thanks for the tip!! Just went over and checked this one out. I love repositioning cruises!!

Pat

I have to make final payment for my B2B tomorrow. And for DD's cabin for Leg 2. And more expenses for her wedding!

But I just stumbled across the Conquest repo from San Juan to Miami in November 2013. Since I'm solo, if I go ahead and book, I'll only need to put down the deposit for one. If I wait, I'll have to make deposit for 2. And this way, I can lock in a 1A porthole cabin.

Hey, what's another $250 (or maybe $300) on my credit card at this point? I'll just be able to redeem points sooner, right? :p

Bad news for ya - you can ONLY book one of the legs, not both. Taking both from NO to San Juan and then San Juan to Miami breaks the rules of the PVSA and one cannot book both legs. Carnival messed up with this one as the rules in PVSA state to transfer a passenger from one US city to a different US city, the ship must visit a distant foreign port (none on either itinerary qualify as a distant foreign port.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_Vessel_Services_Act_of_1886

Over the last couple of years we have already had another cruise booked as we were getting on the ship for whatever was our current cruise. We even squeezed in an extra "last minute" cruise this year when a company started pursuing hubby. He knew that if he took their offer he'd need to either take a quickie vacation or lose vacation time at what was then his current employer. We lucked into a last minute deal for $249 pp for a 7 day cruise and jumped on it.

Now, he's started his new job and can't travel with me on the next cruise. I'm shring the room with a friend from work. We've held off on booking anything else because of the new job. But now it looks like he'll have the week between Christmas and New Years off so I'm trying to convince him that we need to book a cruise for that week.

A group of friends that I used to work with travel together 1x per year and next year they want to try sailing on RC just to say that they have sailed on the big boat. We haven't booked that one yet, but are trying to decide between Oasis and Allure. Then for 2014 the group is trying to work out the dates so we can all cruise to Hawaii together. Meanwhile, I keep saying that I'd really like to go on a Halloween cruise, but somehow the timing hasn't worked out for that one yet. And I always have to plan a winter getaway to warmth and sunshine.

I have 3 FCC's on file waiting for the right trip deal to pop up on which to use each one.

I think she is talking about able bodied seniors!! Almost cheaper to cruise full time than to maintain a house!

Pat

I wish we had more booked than just the two. We're doing the Valor next April. This will be a fun. We're going to stop off in Orlando to take our LO to Disney World for her birthday, then we'll arrive in San Juan early to spend time with familly before our Valor cruise. In Oct 2013, we'll be on a 4day Miracle cruise. We booked that one as soon as it was released because it was a chance to get one of the triple wide balconies. Need to book another before the end of the 2013 so that DH can get grandfathered in to the Platinum program. After that, we'll probably try other cruise lines to see what they offer. DS just got off of the NCL Spirit, and her pics of their suite were very nice. I wish we had more choices for cruises on the west coast. I'll keep dreaming...

Anyone else think THAT far ahead...and act accordingly?[/quote]

yep...as a matter of fact we are now discussing booking 2014 as soon as they come out with the European itineraries. We are addicted too!!

• 1 year later...

Well, I went on a bit of a rant to Mr. Heald a couple of months ago about Carnival's marketing schemes and how those of us who are loyal cruisers and always have multiple bookings are ignored. I mean, why should they waste their time on us because they know we're going to keep sailing.

I think that's a mistake on their part.

So, I'm trying an experiment. When I return from Conquest, I will NOT have my next cruise booked! Not sure how I'll handle the withdrawal, but I'm doing it mainly to see if I begin receiving ANY promotional emails/literature.

When I have a cruise booked, I never receive anything. No emails, no offers, no nothing.

We'll see what happens with my little experiment. Probably nothing! :(

Yes, and that is the way I prefer it. It doesn't feel right not having at least two future cruises booked. Lol :D