The "hump"?

jpr1908

Jane,

I've had both type hump cabins on Explorer of the Seas (9618 center hump and 9628 end hump). In my opinion it's maybe a slightly better view of the ship and possibly the balcony is slightly larger but both are wonderful cabins. You won't go wrong having any of the hump cabins.[/quote

Thanks. Now I finally get it. :)

I have have had the hump cabins and yes, you cannot beat the convenience. The downside is the foot traffic and people who have to have loud conversations while walking to their cabin in the wee hours, last year I had an aft balcony 8688 on the liberty, a lot quieter than the hump and the only passersby were those few who had cabins that way (8688 is quite far aft, 9 cabins from the back). I tell you, I will take the hump anytime. The walk from and to the cabin from the aft elevator was a haul and god forbid, do not take the forward elevators coming back to aft cabin. The walk went on forever. Good for getting rid of the desserts but wow, its a haul and a half!

The downside is the foot traffic...

Thank you; I think you're about the only one who agrees with me about the foot traffic being troublesome on the hump. :D Obviously there will be more people walking past in both directions than if you had a cabin at the bow or the stern of the ship. It seems simple enough to me. :)

Thank you; I think you're about the only one who agrees with me about the foot traffic being troublesome on the hump. :D Obviously there will be more people walking past in both directions than if you had a cabin at the bow or the stern of the ship. It seems simple enough to me. :)

Yes, I agree, we had a lot of foot traffic, but never did we hear loud conversations. Hopefully we won't hear them on this cruise either.

True lots of people going by because of location to stairs and elevators but never ever bothersome at least for me. We have had the 9618, center hump, which is just around the corner from the stairs and elevator and in my opinion the foot traffic is never an issue. Happy Cruising!

We are looking forward to enjoying our 1st center hump on a cruise this November on a Radiance class ship. Noise won't bother me because once I am asleep - I stay asleep! We also picked 8th deck so we wouldn't have a suite with piano players upstairs from us! Elevator location is handy but I try to take the stairs - just to work off all the extra food and drink!

We were on the FOS this past April and had 6640 center hump, just one floor down and to your left. This was our first experience with a hump cabin. It was an E2 catagory cabin. The size of the room was fine. Standard size balcony, great view. The location by the elevators and stairs were fantastic. We are booked in the same cabin on the Independence of the Seas. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much. That does help.

We had a hump on the Mariner last year. I felt the balcony was the same size but there was more room on the side of the bed that faced the balcony which made it nicer to get in and out of the bed. I prefer to be on a "side" hump because it is less windy. This is a trans-Atlantic so wind came be a significant "cold" factor.

Noise never bothered me, I can't remember hearing anything at all.

I'm, also, contributing to public service by taking a hump on another upcoming cruise and bird dogging another cruise I have booked to see if one comes up.

Last year, I had booked a hump cabin from home as soon as the itinerary came out to get a hump plus I have found that lately on the trans-Atlantics the price only goes up. We were on a ship later and I booked another cabin for the same cruise because I could get OBC ($200) with only a $100 deposit, even though the fare had gone up $50 a person. I spent several months weighing hump vs. $100 OBC. I liked the location of the second cabin but would have preferred to be on the opposite side of the ship where my hump cabin was. Finally decided $100 OBC was more useful than the hump and cancelled the hump shortly before final payment was due. The next day I went on the RC web site and saw my hump was still not booked so I made a quick cabin change. I am getting to eat my cake and keep it too!

Tucker in Texas

We were in 9092 on the jewel and loved it! My mother has difficulty walking long distances, so afts are out for us.

The humps are the best alternative for us! The huge balcony, the easy access to the elevator, and central location spoiled us. We just switched from a regular balcony to the hump extended balcony on the serenade (1056) and can't wait!

We were in 9092 on the jewel and loved it!

Really glad to hear you enjoyed this cabin. I've booked cabin 8102 (same cabin one deck down) for my parents and I'm a bit worried about the noise from the stairs/Centrum. The deck plans make it look like the stairs are right in front of the room but my TA says they aren't quite accurate and that it's a great room because of the size of the balcony. I'm trusting her on this one but will feel terrible if my parents are bothered by noise all night long.

Really glad to hear you enjoyed this cabin. I've booked cabin 8102 (same cabin one deck down) for my parents and I'm a bit worried about the noise from the stairs/Centrum. The deck plans make it look like the stairs are right in front of the room but my TA says they aren't quite accurate and that it's a great room because of the size of the balcony. I'm trusting her on this one but will feel terrible if my parents are bothered by noise all night long.

We never heard any noise! It was perfect!

Archived