The "hump"?

jpr1908

They are cabins on ships on the curved section. Not all ships have "humps". The ones a the midpoint on the curve have a great view of the front and back of the ship. We're in our first hump cabin next March.

It's the the side of the ship that bumps out. (Look at the profile of the ship's side and you'll see that it isn't straight - it's wavy).

It's a coveted position because it is across from the elevator/stair centrum, so it's the most convenient location. As well, because you stick out from the other cabins, the view is more interesting (wider). On Oasis/Allure, and some of the hump cabins on Radiance class ships, the hump cabin balconies are deeper.

Good question/responses and I learned something today. Sounds like a hump cabin could be even better than aft staterooms. :)

Personally - we think so! My sister and I were on Liberty last Dec and we were able to upgrade to an Aft balcony b/c of price drops. While the big balcony was nice, we did not enjoy that our view looking down was into someone else's balcony! I like looking down into the water:o. And although we did not really mind the walk, I know for a fact my husband would have hated that long walk after he got off the elevator. We love the hump balconies and book them all the time. Close to the elevators, pretty much center of the ship, and great views.

And an added plus on the Radiance Class ships, if you are on the hump, you can see straight down to the water. Otherwise, unless you are way forward, your view looking down is the white overhangs over the lifeboats.

Good question/responses and I learned something today. Sounds like a hump cabin could be even better than aft staterooms. :)

We have done both, and prefer the hump to aft... but both are wonderful in their own way.

Wendy

While the hump may be convenient for many, for myself (not DH) I would prefer not to stay on the hump again. It is in the middle of the ship, hence you have a lot of foot traffic past your door. If you select a cabin at the very bow or stern of the ship, then it's usually only those passengers who also have cabins there who are going past your door. Make sense? :)

Yes, I know the elevators and stairs are not directly outside one's door (someone's going to tell me that! LOL!)... this is simply how I feel and I don't mind walking the extra 45 seconds to get to my cabin if it's going to provide me with a bit more privacy.

I was able to have a hump cabin on the Navigator. I loved it. great location and great views. While I was in the cabin I did not notice any extra noise from the hallway. Below I will ad pics for a visual of what the hump looks like and the views

First this is what it looks like when looking at the outside of the ship. (notice how it bends outward.) This was taken while comming back on a tender at Coco Cay.

100_2494.jpg

Next is a view looking forward to the front of the Navigator

100_2265.jpg

Finally is a view looking the the back (aft) of the Navigator

100_2266.jpg

Hopefully these pics will help anyone wondering about the "hump"

I was able to have a hump cabin on the Navigator. I loved it. great location and great views. While I was in the cabin I did not notice any extra noise from the hallway. Below I will ad pics for a visual of what the hump looks like and the views

First this is what it looks like when looking at the outside of the ship. (notice how it bends outward.) This was taken while comming back on a tender at Coco Cay.

Hopefully these pics will help anyone wondering about the "hump"

Thank you!!! I have long been wondering about the hump but didn't want to ask for fear it was a dumb question.

The photos explained it perfectly. :)

We had a hump cabin on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago. Loved the location, we just seemed to be so close to everything. I thought we might experience more foot traffic but we didn't. It was really quiet. And our cruise was full. I would always book a cabin at this location again if I could.

So now I figured where the hump cabins are, etc. Just one quick question. Would cabin 7594 on NOS be a better location than 7610 on same ship. I see 7610 is at the beginning of the hump and that is what is confusing me for the view. It is not quite a straight balcony but curves a little. Also, would 7610 be a bigger balcony? :confused:

Archived