Cruise Jewelry

tarheelmjfan

Hi ladies, do any of you have a favorite online site to purchase your costume jewelry? I have an image in mind for a necklace to wear with one of my dresses http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-EXPRESS-80-Floral-Ruffle-Front-Elastic-Waist-Dress-ALL-SIZES-Hard-to-Find-/380460659098?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&var=&hash=item589538f19a, but can't find exactly what I want anywhere. Charming Charlie has the closest necklace I've found http://www.charmingcharlie.com/cc/product/productDetails.jsp?pId=1000007021&sId=13013700017&pgName=categoryPage&pdpTrail=5012:cat10011, but it's not what I'm looking for. I want a silver chain with a square orange stone, but no other embellishments. Unfortunately, I have a one track mind. Once I get it in my head that I want something I can't even imagine a good alternative. :o If you all have any other suggestions for jewelry to wear with this dress, I'll definitely consider them. I also need jewelry for a few of my other dresses, so all website suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi ladies, do any of you have a favorite online site to purchase your costume jewelry? I have an image in mind for a necklace to wear with one of my dresses http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-EXPRESS-80-Floral-Ruffle-Front-Elastic-Waist-Dress-ALL-SIZES-Hard-to-Find-/380460659098?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&var=&hash=item589538f19a, but can't find exactly what I want anywhere. Charming Charlie has the closest necklace I've found http://www.charmingcharlie.com/cc/product/productDetails.jsp?pId=1000007021&sId=13013700017&pgName=categoryPage&pdpTrail=5012:cat10011, but it's not what I'm looking for. I want a silver chain with a square orange stone, but no other embellishments. Unfortunately, I have a one track mind. Once I get it in my head that I want something I can't even imagine a good alternative. :o If you all have any other suggestions for jewelry to wear with this dress, I'll definitely consider them. I also need jewelry for a few of my other dresses, so all website suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi:) the colors in that dress are so pretty:D

Personally I would wear silver or a white metal because I think it

would show up really well. With that V neckline a necklace with

a pendant would look lovely (in my opinion) and I think a dangle

earring would look good too.

Good luck finding whatever you like best:)

I buy most of my cruise jewelry in craft markets and parking lots along the way. Then the "jewels" are souveniers and also go with what I wear.

In Ecuador last summer, one craftsman was doing some great glass shapes with like bubbles of color. At the hard price of 2 for $5 I bought 2 sets of earrings in color and then that gives me one to dangle from a "good" chain as a drop, two for the ears, and one for when I loose one of the other earrings.

Might try Michael's or we have several colored stone jewelry stores in the mall that don't have real high prices. We also have a jewelry craft shop where you can make your own with a little help. Good luck. I love the dress. It looks like happiness.

Sorry, I just make my own to match what I'm wearing. A quick trip to the bead shop usually gets me what I need

Most local bead shops will help you find a stone or pendant and possibly put it on a chain for you for a fee. It's a better way to get exactly what you want.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. :) Someone on our roll call suggested we all wear tropical print shirts for embarkation. Since I don't wear tropical print tops, this dress is my tropical print clothing contribution. :D

Thanks so much for the links. I'll check them out now.

Hi, you could check out Fire Mountain Gems Online Store:cool: It is a really cool site, I have bought a lot of stuff from them and the quality is pretty good. I have even made jewelry that I loved and then had to find an outfit to go with them. In fact, I picked my one of my formal night dresses because it would go with my favorite necklace:o

Hope this helps:)

I make most of my jewelry but I do buy my costume jewelry, if i liek the beads, I usually take it apart and re work it. I find my best stuff at burlington coat factory, a local bling store called Temptation, and sometimes forever 21 and Claires. I also go into NYC on 6th avenue and bead shop they have nice stuff to make and for those who don't make their ready made pieces. I am so into earrings(bracelets I break and lose) and necklaces. Charming charlies is a fun website.

ditto on firemountain gems

Try Eve's Addiction. They have great silver jewellery and really fantastic prices. I've purchased a lot of stuff from them over the past 6 or 7 years and have always been happy with the quality.

They do have a pendant that looks orange to me, but they list it as amber.

http://www.evesaddiction.com/category_212__Necklaces_Pendants.html

Just watch the prices at Fire Mountain- I was shopping, and suddenly everything in my cart went up a little (less than $.25 each, but I had a lot in there). It was enough to put me off shopping there.

I avoid Fire Mountain as well. For someone buying one piece at a time, you may want to try artbeads dot com or beadaholique dot com, though the second is more geared to hobbyists and pros. But I can't encourage enough finding your local bead shop! They are almost all individual/family, locally owned & operated and generally more than happy to show you around or help you find what you need. Mine was invaluable to me as I learned.

Good luck, and that reminds me, I've got some stuff to make this weekend...

I pick up cheap beaded necklaces in our local market 1€ a time (cheaper than buying from a bead shop) and reworking them into what i want, shorter necklaces, bracelets or ear rings. I´ve also bought some magnetic clasps from ebay for easy closing, even OH can manage this for me now!!

When in the UK I used to go to charity sales, or boot sales...garage sales in USA?

Sandy in Spain

Thanks for the firemountain, evesaddiction, & bead sites. I'll browse through those now. My health isn't good, so I don't go out shopping often. When I do, I usually don't feel up to doing a lot of browsing. Add to that the fact that I've never loved spending hours shopping. For those reasons, online shopping is better for me. I can browse through many options at my leisure.

+1 for not using Fire Mountain. I've gotten some really bad quality stuff from them and sometimes their prices aren't best best if you're not ordering 200+ things. :mad:

For gemstone beads I LOVE Gemphora. The labrodorite I got from them was gorgeous (as opposed to the stuff I got from Fire Mtn for the same price, which was just plain gray beads with no flash). I've been very happy with everything from gemphora. Their free gifts with purchase have been some of my favorite things. :p

Rio Grande is also a favorite. Their quality and customer service are fantastic. :)

+1 for not using Fire Mountain. I've gotten some really bad quality stuff from them and sometimes their prices aren't best best if you're not ordering 200+ things. :mad:

For gemstone beads I LOVE Gemphora. The labrodorite I got from them was gorgeous (as opposed to the stuff I got from Fire Mtn for the same price, which was just plain gray beads with no flash). I've been very happy with everything from gemphora. Their free gifts with purchase have been some of my favorite things. :p

Rio Grande is also a favorite. Their quality and customer service are fantastic. :)

Never heard of Gemphora! Rio Grande is good too but I haven't ordered online forever. I try to hit Rings N Things' shows when they come around or my LBS. Some how I have a hard time ordering stones. I have to FEEL them before I know they're what I want. Maybe I'm just a freak.

I never had issues with fore mountain gems. But since I'm picky I like bead shops so I can touch feel and actually see the true color of the beads. And my local Michael's their bead selection has improved recently. Now to get cracking on the projects I'm working on.

Never heard of Gemphora! Rio Grande is good too but I haven't ordered online forever. I try to hit Rings N Things' shows when they come around or my LBS. Some how I have a hard time ordering stones. I have to FEEL them before I know they're what I want. Maybe I'm just a freak.

You're not a freak! :p I love the feel of smooth, heavy beads! I love to touch everything before I buy but I get much better deals online. I've never been burned by Rio Grande or Gemphora so I order without too much worry. I've noticed one of my local bead shops looks like they place bulk orders from Fire Mtn so I avoid them.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Eve's Addiction. They have great silver jewellery and really fantastic prices. I've purchased a lot of stuff from them over the past 6 or 7 years and have always been happy with the quality.

They do have a pendant that looks orange to me, but they list it as amber.

http://www.evesaddiction.com/category_212__Necklaces_Pendants.html

I usually make most of my jewelry, but I think this website could be dangerous for my pocketbook!

• 1 month later...

Archived