aqua or c3

pensi9

Blu is included with the Aqua class and an extra 5 dollars for the suites. Any other class of stateroom does not have access to Blu. If you compare the perks between the A class and C class, much of it overlaps, but A class gives you additional benefits concerning the spa. If you like to visit the spa, and really want to dine in Blu, go for the A class. Also, if the price is the same, go for A class.

I've been looking at Celebrity website and it looks the major difference between A2 and C3 would be the Persian Garden access and Blu. Do Aqua class have priortiy boarding or any of the C3 perks?

If A2 and C3 are the same price which is better choice? Is BLU only for Aqua and is it free? I am trying to find out the differences in these cabins other than locatiom. Ship is Summit

Hi Pensi,

For the same price ? It's an easy decision - I'd go with Aqua Class. BLU is the Main Dining Venue for Aqua Class Guests, and it is included.

Here's a link to Celebrity's website, for Aqua Class amenities : http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=SM#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=A1&cabincls=B&shipCode=SM

I hope this helps. Have a great time on Summit.

For the same price go Aqua - you have Blu - which I love,.

The reason is that its a smaller venue, service is great and the choice just that little bit different, noise is not an issue and the whole expereice I found just that notch up from teh main dinning room. But if you find you dont like or fancy a change one night then the you can go to the main dinning room no problem.

You also have the access to the Persian Gardens which again I like but is not everyones cup of tea!

I suppose if you are fussy about the position of the cabin then the C3 might be your choice but for me its a no brainer Aqua every day :)

Hi just returned from Celebrity Silhouette. Like to add Aqua is great if you dont want to go for formal nights in Grand Dining. You still dress up but not a suit for men. The best perks for us were the free water, priority boarding, dining in Blu, use of Spa areas. You will love the cruise.

I've been looking at Celebrity website and it looks the major difference between A2 and C3 would be the Persian Garden access and Blu. Do Aqua class have priortiy boarding or any of the C3 perks?

AQ gets all the benefits of Concierge plus the AQ benefits. Priority boarding is not a big deal, just a seperate line, sometimes the lines for regular cabins are shorter. You do get priorty boarding for AQ, a different line.

Same price for both makes it a no brainer just for Blu.

No question...aqua class because of Blu.....much quieter restaurant with flexible dining times and excellent food both for breakfast and dinner. You get all the concierge perks plus a couple of bottles of water in your room every day, persian gardens and access to Blu.

Blu is included with the Aqua class and an extra 5 dollars for the suites. Any other class of stateroom does not have access to Blu. If you compare the perks between the A class and C class, much of it overlaps, but A class gives you additional benefits concerning the spa. If you like to visit the spa, and really want to dine in Blu, go for the A class. Also, if the price is the same, go for A class.

Just off Solstice. The $5.00 charge for Suite passengers to dine in Blu has been removed. I would select AQ rather than a C cabin if price is the same.

We liked concierge class over the AQ.The breakfast in Blu is the best on the ship but we like the MDR for dinner.There are more selections and we like to sit with the same people everynight.We have made some nice friendships that way.( We also asked to be moved from a table on one cruise,but that's another story.) We get a drink package so we don't pay for bottled water.We do like the Persian Gardens but on the last cruise we were too busy to get there.

Tom

We liked concierge class over the AQ.The breakfast in Blu is the best on the ship but we like the MDR for dinner.There are more selections and we like to sit with the same people everynight.We have made some nice friendships that way.( We also asked to be moved from a table on one cruise,but that's another story.) We get a drink package so we don't pay for bottled water.We do like the Persian Gardens but on the last cruise we were too busy to get there.

Tom

It is very easy to dine with the same folks in Blu...you just agree to show up together and they will gladly seat you together. One of the big advantages of Blu is that you actually can talk to the other folks at the table in a normal voice.....blu is much quieter than the main dining room. I believe blue has five selections each night plus some "always available" items; unlike the MDR, the food in Blu is served hot. We are foodies and we never have had a problem finding at least a couple of excellent options in Blu.

If A2 and C3 are the same price which is better choice? Is BLU only for Aqua and is it free? I am trying to find out the differences in these cabins other than locatiom. Ship is Summit

We were booked in C3 on S class and when the price dropped all the way down for AQ grabbed it. Loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat if the price drops again. The only thing we did not utilize was dinner in BLU every night. DH did not like most chioces so only ate there 3/14 days. We were able to be seated in the MDR with friends so it was easy. The breakfast in BLU though is the best.

Liked always having bottled water in the cabin and using the hot beds in the Persian gardens on sea days.

We have enjoyed Concierge once, Sky once, and will be trying Aqua on our next 2 cruises. Celebrity assured me that MDR options are available at the Blu restaurant, upon request. I hope that is true? We decided to try Aqua because of the Blu option, the spa perks, the water, etc.

The Concierge service is lovely, but I don't need an appetizer in my room before dinner. I'm rarely in my room for the tea service in the afternoon. I enjoyed the fruit platter, but there is fruit available at the Ocean View Cafe & other spots.

I'm looking forward to Aqua & will report back!

Cheers.

We have enjoyed Concierge once, Sky once, and will be trying Aqua on our next 2 cruises. Celebrity assured me that MDR options are available at the Blu restaurant, upon request. I hope that is true? We decided to try Aqua because of the Blu option, the spa perks, the water, etc.

The Concierge service is lovely, but I don't need an appetizer in my room before dinner. I'm rarely in my room for the tea service in the afternoon. I enjoyed the fruit platter, but there is fruit available at the Ocean View Cafe & other spots.

I'm looking forward to Aqua & will report back!

Cheers.

You will find that Celebritys stateside customer service is often wrong and this may be the case. When AQ came out on the S class ships they were in fact getting MDR selections for diners in Blu. They appear to be going away from that policy on the S class ships since the galley for the MDR is a distance from Blu. The M class ships that have been renovated have the galley close by and are at this time more accomodating.

We love the Blu debate and have mixed emotions about the restaurant. The Blu menus are more innovative then in the MDR, but at times we miss some of the basic dishes served in the MDR. When dining in Blu I will often have them bring me something from the MDR (not a problem) such as good ole French Onion Soup or perhaps a piece of cheesecake. If there is an evening when we do not particularly like the Blu menu we will either arrange to go to the MDR (not a problem) or perhaps dine in one of the alternative restaurants. But in the final analysis we think Blu gives a cruise a different feel because its almost dining in your own small private restaurant. We are doing upcoming back to back cruises on the Silhouette and decided to compromise by booking one cruise in the MDR and the other in AQ and Blu. Perhaps this is a good reason to do back to backs :)

Hank

Archived