Now I'm worried

lazycruzer

I will be taking my first HAL cruise on 9/22 14 day RT Boston. I have seen several posts about the lack of response by HAL to repair repeated problems with no air conditioning or grey water flowing onto cabin balconies. HAL's response seems lackluster at best. A fan? Balcony not usable? Some cherries instead of air conditioning or having to live with drain water with chunks of food on my balcony?

I am platinum on Princess and this will be overall cruise number 12. I have sailed on several cruise lines and not seen this repeated need for repairs of same issues. Please help me see the reasoning behind this lack of repair/reponse. I am concerned that this will be the response if something is wrong on my sailing.

I will be taking my first HAL cruise on 9/22 14 day RT Boston. I have seen several posts about the lack of response by HAL to repair repeated problems with no air conditioning or grey water flowing onto cabin balconies. HAL's response seems lackluster at best. A fan? Balcony not usable? Some cherries instead of air conditioning or having to live with drain water with chunks of food on my balcony?

I am platinum on Princess and this will be overall cruise number 12. I have sailed on several cruise lines and not seen this repeated need for repairs of same issues. Please help me see the reasoning behind this lack of repair/reponse. I am concerned that this will be the response if something is wrong on my sailing.

We switched from Princess to Hal a few years ago after doing 3 in a row in Princess , last 3 were on Hal and in general I perfer Hal, but lines are similar in many ways. All ships will have some problems but we were happy with our last few cruises

Try not to worry about something that likely will not happen to you. When you think about all the cruisers on all the ships, the problems that are reported here on CC are small in comparison to the volume IMO. Between HAL and Princess we have 34 cruises and 377 days at sea and have not had any major issues. Go and enjoy. Happy sailing! Barbara

Why worry ahead of time about something that you don't even know will happen?....
Isn't that kind of the definition of worry? :) If you knew it wasn't going to happen, no need to worry. If you know it is going to happen, still no need to worry, just prepare. It is the uncertainty of something that makes one worry.

i don't mean to be a jerk, but research is something you shold do before booking the cruise. just saying :) the veendam does seem to have more than its fair share of problems. has for years. chances are yours will be OK, though.

I know you've heard the saying don't make mountains out of mole hills. So stop worrying. Your cruise will be just fine. I won't say we've never had problems but they have always been taken care of in a timely manner. Please come back and tell us how your cruise was.:)

If there is something wrong on your sailing - address it there firstly - that's the best time to get things fixed.

As to responses from HAL - they take time - but I have always gotten a response whenever I have written - whether it be a compliment, a suggestion or a concern. (concern was only once).

I agree with everyone else - worry pas (don't worry). You're going on a cruise. I've sailed on Princess several times and prefer HAL as well if that helps.

You will have a great time. Don't let the anxiety ruin the fun of your anticipation of the cruise:D

Have a wonderful time and relax. We were on Veendam last month. Enjoyed it so much, we booked the last Bermuda cruise and the next one to Canada/New England. We wouldn't be going back for 20 nights had we not been pleased.

Thanks to all that responded. Your positive attitudes and "Colorado Cherry's" recent Veendam cruise summary have mad e me feel much better!!:D

I will be happy to share my experience when I have to leave the ship and return home.

Thanks, again.

Archived