Westerdam - Key West

sail7seas

Sails, I've checked on the Key West site, the Westerdam comes in on Saturday in November, December, January, I didn't go any further. On most dockings she is by her self. My guess from what I can gather she docks at Mallory Square. If I had a pacific date I could answer you better. On one of her stops in January, I believe the Maasdam is schedule there too!

mallory_square_lg.jpg

We've never been to Key West and it is the port that has us most excited for our upcoming Westderdam cruise.

Really looking forward to this new (to us) Port!!

My mantra the last couple of months has been, "Key Lime Pie, Key Lime Pie.":D:D

Joanie

We've never been to Key West and it is the port that has us most excited for our upcoming Westderdam cruise.

If you like bars and T-shirt shops, you'll love it. If not, well.....

We did a land vacation that included Key West and didn't care for it much.

Glad we saw it, but in no hurry to go back.

Likely she will be at Old Mole or Pier B. She is too long for Mallory Sq. The only HAL ship docking at Mallory Sq. is Ryndam. Seven Seas Navigator, Columbus, Regatta, those are the size ships that dock at Mallory Sq. EM

Is that the Naval Yard?

The listing on your link does not have Westerdam shown as visiting. It is not a complete, accurate list.....

unless the port call has been cancelled and we weren't told :eek:, which I doubt.

We found lots to do -- Hemingways House, The Little White House, Mel Fisher Museumm Audobon House and Tropical Gardens -- just to name a few things.

Years ago we walked to the Southern Most point of the US.

We found lots to do -- Hemingways House, The Little White House, Mel Fisher Museumm Audobon House and Tropical Gardens -- just to name a few things.

These are great places to see.

Here are the web sites

Harry S. Truman Little White House

http://www.trumanlittlewhitehouse.com/

Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum

http://www.hemingwayhome.com/

MEL FISHER MARITIME HERITAGE MUSEUM

http://www.melfisher.org/

Audubon House Gallery

http://www.audubonhouse.org/

Butterfly nature conservatory

http://www.wingsofimagination.com/

More

http://web.keywestchamber.org/Museums

And that's why I titled my post "To Each His (or Her) Own".

Glad you enjoyed it.

If you are docked at the Naval Yard -- Key West provides a free shuttle to Mallory Square. You aren't really allowed to walk through the port area.

Last time we had to ride the shuttle, we did not much enjoy the experience.

We had to wait forever and then after we boarded, they read every persons ID's and it took a ridiculous amount of time. Hopefully, it was an aberration that day.

I loved when we docked at Mallory.

It has been several years since we were at Key West from the Zuiderdam (sister ship to the Westerdam)' date=' but we docked at Mallory Square. We could walk everywhere from there. Wish we were coming along.[/quote']

Thanks.

Gives me hope for Westerdam docking at Mallory. :)

Is that the Naval Yard? The listing on your link does not have Westerdam shown as visiting. It is not a complete, accurate list.....

unless the port call has been cancelled and we weren't told :eek:, which I doubt.

Sail - I just booked Westerdam Western/Eastern 14-day cruise last week (for March). If you are on the same itinerary, my PCC made a big point of reading me the port stops - and Key West was on there. Apparently my cruise started out as a Southern/Eastern and was changed to Western/Eastern along the way.

Itinerary Change Notification - W318A-W319A:

The cruise you have booked on ms Westerdam will no longer visit the Southern

Caribbean due to operational reasons. Your cruise will now visit the Western

Caribbean, including calls in Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Key

West.

We choose this particular 14-day cruise for two reasons. (1) DH always wanted to go back to St. Maarten and (2) I have always wanted to revisit Key West. My only concern about this trip is that it is no longer billed as a Collectors Cruise. While you can buy it as a 14-day cruise, it seems to be promoted as two separate 7-day cruises. :eek: I may be looking forward to a lot of spring break guests on both segments of the cruise???

Thanks, that is good news.

I was so hoping we'd dock at Mallory. :)

We haven't been for a while and really looking forward to it.

Haven't been to Key West since 1996 on Innaugural of Veendam and that was a Sunday. Back then most shops were closed and we foundly only one bar open - seemed like a big waste of time. :(

Linda & Vern,

Thank you so much for pointing that out.

Our itinerary was not Southern when we booked (DH would have preferred that) but we are doing Eastern/Western and the HAL site shows we still call at Key West. I'll keep my fingers crossed it doesn't change as we are looking forward to returning there. Been a while since we had that as a port.

We go to

Haven't been to Key West since 1996 on Innaugural of Veendam and that was a Sunday. Back then most shops were closed and we foundly only one bar open - seemed like a big waste of time. :(

I love that Westerdam sails Sunday to Sunday so it is embark/debark day and we don't have Sunday in a port where things may be closed.

We've experienced the disappointment, like many people, of finding lots closed on Sunday at a Caribbean port.

Anyone know where Westerdam usually docks at Key West?

Thanks.

Chances are you'll be at Key West's B Pier, which is the pier in between Mallory Square/Dock and the Navy Mole, and from where you can also easily walk into town. Westerdam is scheduled there for all her Key West calls in NOV, DEC and JAN.

DH did buy a t-shirt though I didn't even go in the shop and no bars for either of us. And had a great time. Trolley Tour, visited little White House, loved talking to the locals, walking the town, eating conch fritters and just enjoying the town.

Archived