Does HAL deeply discount S cabins?

I'm sorry but I cannot follow this chart.

I don't know what you are saying and what all your abbreviations mean. :o

I also know nothing at SS, SY and whatever else.

All I DO KNOW, is we pick our "S" and "SA" cabins by number, we get a price quote and we pay it. To say that no one pays the full price for those cabins could not be more wrong. Many of us pay the asking price for those cabins..... time and again.

I can only tell you I read here sometimes that someone got a free upgrade (very RARELY) and someone got an upsell offer (more often but still rare enough to not be 'expected), and there are lots of us who book the "S" we want and pay for it.

SS and SY are Superior Suites", sized and priced between Deluxe and regular Verandah. And yes, people book and pay for those rooms as well.

DW and I were the beneficiaries of a very generous upgrade fairy who "promoted" us from SS to SA (free/no extra charge!) on the Oosterdam last spring. (OK, that may have been bragging).

Here's a tip: If using frequent flyer miles, the airlines usually toss in more "free" seats with weeks to go whent hey figure they can't sell the seats. Couldn't get any upfront seats 2 months ago ~ 2-3+ weeks either side of our desired travel dates but as of last week, a fair bit of choice (even better for solo travellers).

Good to know.

We are blessed:

In our only two cruises to date, we have been up sold for a very low price to a category S deluxe verandah both times.

Not really expecting a hat trick, but it would be nice!

SS and SY are Superior Suites", sized and priced between Deluxe and regular Verandah. And yes, people book and pay for those rooms as well.

DW and I were the beneficiaries of a very generous upgrade fairy who "promoted" us from SS to SA (free/no extra charge!) on the Oosterdam last spring. (OK, that may have been bragging).

When we book our cruises, we want to know in exactly which cabin we will be sleeping. It matters to us and in order to have what we want, we 'buy it'.

If you are willing to take what you get, then great. Nothing wrong with it.

It doesn't work for Us.

I understand what free and no extra charge means. :) We don't get free or no extra charge but we get what we want, everytime. We assuredly are not the only ones paying the 'asking price' for the deluxe veranda suites. We know a number of folks who do the same as us.

Choices...... we all make choices.

Archived