Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Gambee, Thank you VERY much for outlining the 4 cabins that I have for me.

How were you able to do that? I tried and tried until I gave myself a headache LOL

THANKS again SO much!

You are a wonderful source on this thread!!

Anyone have a pic of the plank?? I heard about it but haven't seen it. I'm assuming it would be in the pool/slide area.

most likely, over the side of the ship:

Guests will also be challenged to hang on tight as they whizz along the zip track, and be dared not to hold their breath as they walk out along The Plank. Extending eight feet over the side of the ship, The Plank will give guests the opportunity to test their mettle as they step out on to the narrow platform, looking down at the water below!

http://www.buildingbreakaway.ncl.com/2012/04/norwegian-breakaway-takes-recreation-and-outdoor-fun-to-new-heights/

We haven't seen real-time pictures of it or the area yet.

most likely, over the side of the ship:

Guests will also be challenged to hang on tight as they whizz along the zip track, and be dared not to hold their breath as they walk out along The Plank. Extending eight feet over the side of the ship, The Plank will give guests the opportunity to test their mettle as they step out on to the narrow platform, looking down at the water below!

http://www.buildingbreakaway.ncl.com/2012/04/norwegian-breakaway-takes-recreation-and-outdoor-fun-to-new-heights/

We haven't seen real-time pictures of it or the area yet.

Thanks!! Sounds like it might be around sports area.

Never mind.... someone already reported the conveyance delay... :(

"River Ems Conveyance of Norwegian Breakaway

Expected Date: not before March 11, 2013

More detailed information about the date and specific schedules will be published in this section at the earliest on Friday (March 08, 2013)"

Here is a rendering of the sports deck that shows the plank.

I am sorry that I don't have the skills to attached a large picture to that previous post. Click on it and it does look a little bigger, but you may still need to put your face up against the computer screen.

Has anyone booked the Breakaway round trip out of Port Canaveral besides me?

It was only offered for a short time over the weekend and I was able to book and confirm March 11, 2014, anyone know why it stopped being offered, others are wanting to book but can't as it is not offered on the NCL website anymore. It leaves NY March 9th.

Here the artist rendering of the sports complex with the plank on the left from NCL's site:

1024x768-nclBrkwySportsComplexDeck.jpg

Beachmonkey, I know how you feel - it took me a while to figure out how to do it as well...

When you find an image, you can either save it and upload it to a photo sharing site like flickr or photobucket....

Then, right-click and choose "copy image location." Then, in the reply box on CC, click the mountain icon above where you're typing text and in the pop-up box, paste what you just copied.

You can also skip the save to a photo sharing site and just copy the image location directly from the source website if it's likely to not change. Hope that helps. :)

I am sorry that I don't have the skills to attached a large picture to that previous post. Click on it and it does look a little bigger, but you may still need to put your face up against the computer screen.

Thank you!!! I could see it! I think I will do it. Taking a pic looking down would be great.( I'm sure it is closed in.)

Thank you!!! I could see it! I think I will do it. Taking a pic looking down would be great.( I'm sure it is closed in.)

I'm not so sure about the plank being closed in..I think it will be totally open but you will be harnesed in case you do fall...at least that's the way I think it will be.

I have got to say a Balcony or at least a window is Mandatory on an Alaskan Cruise. The rest I think inside staterooms are awesome. My wife and I always did balconies until I won a very very cheap cruise on Sky Auc.... that was our first inside and every cruise since has been inside. The quiet, the dark..... More importantly the price. I found it perfect for my 7 day W. Med. because you were mostly either in port or worn out from being in port for 10 hours.

I am having second thoughts about booking a MB on my Breakaway to Bermuda cruise. We only did a balcony and a larger room on this ship because we are looking at the room more as a hotel due to the 3 days in port.

I'm on the fence about interiors on an Alaskan cruise. On one hand we could go on a cruise with a retractable roof, but then that means that we might have an issue with finding a comfortable spot to view. Also I'm ALWAYS cold so I wonder if I could really enjoy the balcony. I'm thinking ideally I would LOVE an oversized oceanview if one exists. Lol.

Regarding Bermuda, I agree about focusing on the stateroom.

I'm not so sure about the plank being closed in..I think it will be totally open but you will be harnesed in case you do fall...at least that's the way I think it will be.

Yes you are right...I switched from my phone to my computer for a better view. It looks like a harness when you zipline...although this would be a very short zipline unless it would break...:eek:

Yes you are right...I switched from my phone to my computer for a better view. It looks like a harness when you zipline...although this would be a very short zipline unless it would break...:eek:

Just consider it a "long walk off a short pier" ;)

Normally I am not real fond of heights..but I might be tempted to give it a try...what's the worst thing that could happen? Ooops nevermind I think I know! :D

Archived