Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Ok...maybe I missed this earlier....it does appear that there is a walk way on deck 7. Sort of has to be with life boats there. Anyone know how far around it goes??

Not sure..

21eusxz.jpg

© Fotocommunity.de Friedhelm Ohm

My guess: where the group of people is standing, above the ..IAN letters. Further down aft is the MDR two floors high so no passing through I think. There it stops with a dead end and/or a crew/emergency stairway like the Epic has on the lifeboat deck?

Not sure..

21eusxz.jpg

© Fotocommunity.de Friedhelm Ohm

My guess: where the group of people is standing, above the ..IAN letters. Further down aft is the MDR two floors high so no passing through I think. There it stops with a dead end and/or a crew/emergency stairway like the Epic has on the lifeboat deck?

Ok...that makes sense...it has to be accessible to both staircases at each end of the ship. Thanks!

FreestyleNovice, Thank you for the great pictures! Cannot wait for you and Loungerz to report live from the Breakaway, and the fact that Andreas will be there as well, wow...that is just the icing on the cake!

I'm sure Loungerz never imagined this thread would be the size it is! I've been following this thread since Day 1, Post 1...hard to believe we have less than a month until you get to embark! I cannot imagine the amount of pages that will be added to this thread during those first few days :eek: but keep as many photos coming as you guys can handle!!!!! :D

Yes thanks Freestyle for those photos, some decent shots of the M6's as well, as as you can see still some work to be done with those dividers, though in one of the shots I believe you can see some stacks of components (glass & metalwork) that are ready for install. Anyways guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to see the final product in that regard, as I'm sure the crew and interior/exterior workers are extremely busy putting the final polish on the ship. Still several weeks to though, so I'm sure we'll see more images like this pop up, eventually showing finished dividers and balcony glass, as well as exterior cabin furnishings :D

A couple folks wanted to see my Breakaway model. Here is work in progress on Gem and Breakaway of similar scale. They are approx. 1/900 scale.

The second picture gives you an idea of my use of balsa wood and plastic.

20130331_225217.jpg.da0a2f4d8728173b40ca50b77bf63c9c.jpg

20130331_225056.jpg.21de6847ebfeecef8d83a08844c598ba.jpg

A couple folks wanted to see my Breakaway model. Here is work in progress on Gem and Breakaway of similar scale. They are approx. 1/900 scale.

That is incredible. Do you have any finished models you have done of other ships?

Very nice job, I wished I had the talent to make them like that. I usually end up buying the ones at the ship.

Now those look like professional quality models! Too bad NCL doesn't have an on board contest like HAL sometimes has....you'd probably blow away the competition!;):)

... as it concerns Getaway, but I could not find a similar thread for Getaway.

Just came across this video of Getaway at Meyer Werft

Thanks, Mate for posting this video. This is the first video/photo, I have seen of the Getaway, and am amazed how far the building has progressed iN such a relative short time. Meyer Werft are champion ship builders.

Errol.

Thank you for the feedback on the models. Here are couple pictures of my finished work, including the S.S. United States that is in the Card Room on the Gem. The other two are Epic and S.S. Norway.

The Norway has always been my favarite to build.

2011-12-02_06-41-06_588.jpg.41e5aacc8274d6fdc33e9d7f7579b4d0.jpg

1_ssus-383x349.jpg.19fc45cbf7c71c98d20ae51ccdc7fb7d.jpg

526036749_June2011368.jpg.0bf718eed8694d4e1cffa74a2a493589.jpg

We are 27 days until the inaugural sailing...the big reveal. Time has really gone by rather quickly. We have watch this go from pieces ....to a beautiful 'swan'. The building of anticipation now to be so close to see the finished product. I can not wait to see what the next 4 shorts weeks will bring!!

I do know that instead of me celebrating my 40th something something birthday on April 28...I will be on these boards all day waiting for those first official pictures to come in:D #addictedtothisthread

Cirque Dreams

Wishing safe travels to the cast & crew of Cirque Dreams & Dinner - Jungle Fantasy as they head to Germany today and begin rehearsals onboard Norwegian Breakaway. Bon Voyage!

Like · · Share · 2 · about a minute ago ·

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

WOW. That's awesome. Such talent!!!

thanks for the pics(both sets) they look great.

I saw something(won't say what in case I get the info to do it) on a titanic memorial cruise that would make a great one off project, that might even have commercial value if it could be mass produced(or relatively cheaply in larger numbers at better quality).

It needs decent images preferably CAD so can be manipulated of real deck plans, interior photos that I can get myself.

Loungerz (topicstarter) and I will be on the 1nighter from Rotterdam with friends, we will be posting live photos on the morning/afternoon when we embark and during sail away (provided we have long enough coverage from our Dutch cellphone providers to avoid massive dataroaming through the Bahama's by NCL satellite ;)). But since the Waterweg canal from cruiseterminal to open sea is quite a stretch we will be sure te deliver some reports/nearly live news!

Sailaway will be at 4pm local Dutch time on 4/28.

If we embark at perhap noon, this will be the timezone when you can expect the first hand on reports:

Rotterdam (The Netherlands) zondag, 28 april 2013, 12:00 CEST UTC+2 hours

New York (U.S.A. - New York) zondag, 28 april 2013, 06:00 EDT UTC-4 hours

Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) zondag, 28 april 2013, 03:00 PDT UTC-7 hours

Second or even better;

Andreas Depping won a competition and will also be onboard or even before the 1nighter 4/28 and I bet he will post the most and best photos.

Thank you for the scheduling info and all the great pictures :).

just booked Breakaway for this May. 2 bedroom Haven (last room available) :D

some questions if anyone knows... it will be myself, dh, dd13 and ds11. Someone told me the kids can come in the Ice Bar w/ us (maybe daytime only or something?) Wondering if anyone knows if that's true. Would love for them to see it if they're allowed.

Is there an outside movie screen area for families? Or indoor movies?

I see mini golf, the cool ropes course, rock climbing wall, basketball court and waterslides. (all of it amazing!!) am I missing anything?

will there be fireworks? I thought I read summer cruises will have them. How about May?

Tia for any info. I'm very excited!!!

Archived