Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

I just can't believe we have a cruise director named Julie. Now if she would just marry someone with the last name McCoy . . .

Please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to get that :-)

Love, exciting and new

Come Aboard. We're expecting you.

Love, life's sweetest reward.

Let it flow, it floats back

The Love Boat !

Ok so I just showed my age too 😊

I just can't believe we have a cruise director named Julie. Now if she would just marry someone with the last name McCoy . . .

I get it! Nice to meet you by the way..the name is Gopher..Gopher Smith ;)

So is Issacc the bartender ?

OMG it is so funny that of mention that, I just started a new episode, season 2 came in the mail a few days ago and I am all over it.

A few days ago I saw the episode when he gets a promotion :D

How funny is that!?!?

No, we are right here with you...that was my first thought when I read her name!!!

As I was reading the announcement of the management team one thing kept coming up over and over again.....the Epic! Being this is my first cruise with NCL, makes me want to take a look at the Epic. Her first inaugural year must have been fantastic if they are using the same team. I'm wondering if the same team will launch the Getaway. Seems like they all work together nicely.

Now ya got me searching Netflix for Love Boat episodes.:eek: lol

Too cold is a matter of personal preference. As a Jersey Shore local, I don't go in the water until it hits 80 for the few days it does each summer, and I don't scuba dive unless its in the mid-eighties, but then again, I can do it every day, so I can pick and choose when I want to go in, which is usually only when it's so hot on the beach that I HAVE to. Our tourists play in the sixty degree water in June, our surfers surf year-round in the 40's, my friends scuba dive right here pretty much year-round, etc so it really depends on your purpose and your tolerance for cooler water. I agree with whomever suggested a shorty wetsuit, or maybe a long-sleeved rash guard, just to retain a little warmth. The good news is - snorkeling is warmer than just taking a dip, as you are moving quite a bit, creating heat and staying at the surface in the sun.

Robin

I grew up spnding the summers in Northern California. 70 degree water feels pretty good.

I grew up spnding the summers in Northern California. 70 degree water feels pretty good.

Haha! I hear you, used to live in Half Moon Bay. Do ya think I ever went swimming on the beach there?? Moving there, I gave up surfing.. I'm pretty well known for being extremely picky about my swim temps - been going to the same beach here almost my whole life, my daughter (and all my "adopted sons") was the lifeguard, my lifelong friends are all there, and they know its a special day when I go all the way in.. It could be 100 degrees, and I will head home to swim in the pool if the ocean isn't warm enough for me! :D

Robin

As I was reading the announcement of the management team one thing kept coming up over and over again.....the Epic! Being this is my first cruise with NCL, makes me want to take a look at the Epic. Her first inaugural year must have been fantastic if they are using the same team. I'm wondering if the same team will launch the Getaway. Seems like they all work together nicely.

They do put the "best of the best" on the new ships. I'm sure the Getaway will also have Norwegian's rock stars rolling her out!

Haha! I hear you, used to live in Half Moon Bay. Do ya think I ever went swimming on the beach there?? Moving there, I gave up surfing.. I'm pretty well known for being extremely picky about my swim temps - been going to the same beach here almost my whole life, my daughter (and all my "adopted sons") was the lifeguard, my lifelong friends are all there, and they know its a special day when I go all the way in.. It could be 100 degrees, and I will head home to swim in the pool if the ocean isn't warm enough for me! :D

Robin

I will admit that most of the time I spent in the water I had a wetsuit on, but just horsing around was just the bathing suit. Heh, the first time I went to a "warm" beach was in Corpus Christi and I was around 15. I truly thought it was heaven after being used to 60 degree water.

Love, exciting and new

Come Aboard. We're expecting you.

Love, life's sweetest reward.

Let it flow, it floats back

The Love Boat !

Ok so I just showed my age too 😊

Now, to hear that in person on the new Royal Princess as she sails from Fort Lauderdale.... PRICELESS! :D

When I was recently on Epic, the hotel director Kaj said the senior officers on Breakaway had to have been on the Epic because the newer ships are more like epic due to size and amount of entertainment.

Now, to hear that in person on the new Royal Princess as she sails from Fort Lauderdale.... PRICELESS! :D

OMG!!!!!!!!

HOW DID I MISS THAT VIDEO!!!!!

Are they going to have it all the time? like in every voyage? I am going die if they do, that beats Disney ships by a million %!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

Are they going to have it all the time? like in every voyage? I am going die if they do, that beats Disney ships by a million %!!!!!

Most likely at every sail-away from Fort Lauderdale, and when leaving ports of call. It's going to be soooo cool! :D

LOL, you're not the only one old enough to get that :p It is pretty ironic that the cruise director's name is Julie.

OMG!!!!!!!!

Gambee, just finished going through Radio's morning sets in Bermuda (so beautiful). CAN NOT WAIT to see what you bring home after being loose with your cameras in Bermuda for 3 days :D:D:D! Please try to take one of those night shots of the Breakaway!

Gambee, just finished going through Radio's morning sets in Bermuda (so beautiful). CAN NOT WAIT to see what you bring home after being loose with your cameras in Bermuda for 3 days :D:D:D! Please try to take one of those night shots of the Breakaway!

Will do, I am actually keeping notes on specific pictures that can't be missed. Radio's pics are certainly getting me pumped for our trip, just a little over a month :D

Are you kidding! I secretly hope to meet Charo on every cruise!

Too funny, though she was on our TA cruise on Disney we did a few years ago. She was signing autographs in the lobby she was just a total character, she was also the entertainment one evening. We were so tired we missed it, but everyone said her performance was amazing.

Earlier in the season, the water may be cooler, but you will be less likely to run into these...as they like the warmer water...

2387880817_937b884a08_z.jpg

Ewwww...Portuguese ManO'War :eek:

Portuguese Man-O-War don't choose warmer waters, they can't actually swim. They just float at the surface and the prevailing winds and/or currents push them along. I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but you are much more likely to see Portuguese Man-O-War in the spring and early summer in the waters off Bermuda. (due to the aforementioned winds/currents) :eek:

I was once stung on the thigh by one of these bad boys off the coast of Florida nearly 10 years ago. I was swimming in waist deep water and felt a sharp searing pain on my leg. Having absolutely no idea what was going on, I left the water and started walking towards the lifeguard station. After looking at my leg, the lifeguard on duty could obviously tell I'd been stung and sprayed my leg with vinegar while attempting to scrape off the remaining tentacles. The burning/stinging sensation that followed was intense and lasted 2 hours, then out of nowhere, the pain just went away.

I was on RCI two years ago and was reading the daily while my partner was in the shower. My pupils dilated when I saw that Charo was the entertainment - I called into the bathroom and my quiet, button-downed Waspy partner almost burst out of the stall in excitement. I mean, who else would you want to see on a Mexican Riviera cruise?

Her show was memorable in all the wrong ways. We were pretty sure she was lip syncing and this was hilariously proven when she interacted and chatted with audience members during musical numbers ... but the singing continued!

Oh well, we had a bit of excitement in anticipation.

I was in Bermuda in May many moons ago and it was nice beach weather. I don't think I swam that much because I was worried about these portugese manOwar that everyone talked about, but then again I'm afraid of horseshoe crabs along Sandy Hook Bay here in NJ. lol.

Portuguese Man-O-War don't choose warmer waters, they can't actually swim. They just float at the surface and the prevailing winds and/or currents push them along. I apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but you are much more likely to see Portuguese Man-O-War in the spring and early summer in the waters off Bermuda. (due to the aforementioned winds/currents) :eek:

I was once stung on the thigh by one of these bad boys off the coast of Florida nearly 10 years ago. I was swimming in waist deep water and felt a sharp searing pain on my leg. Having absolutely no idea what was going on, I left the water and started walking towards the lifeguard station. After looking at my leg, the lifeguard on duty could obviously tell I'd been stung and sprayed my leg with vinegar while attempting to scrape off the remaining tentacles. The burning/stinging sensation that followed was intense and lasted 2 hours, then out of nowhere, the pain just went away.

I was also stung by a 9' long man-o-war off the south shore of LI when I was 16. I had no idea what it was, and ran out of the water, unfortunately, the 9 feet of tentacles were so badly tangled around my leg, that I brought the whole dang beast out on to the sand with me. Took 4 lifeguards to subdue me, as I was flipping out (never saw a jelly fish that wasn't a small, clear blob...I thought it was an octopus :eek::o) they pulled it off my leg, and all 5 of us ended up in the first aid center, the ones who pulled it off had blistered burns to their fingers and I had hundreds of "papercut-type" wounds and blisters from my knee to my ankle that stung so badly, and even worse when salty sand was matted to the wounds from the beach. They told me the jellyfish were more likely to be out in August's warmer water (when I was stung), so that's why I made my previous statement.

PS It took me a long time to get back in the water without a wetsuit. However, I will be snorkeling in Bermuda, but that water is so clear, I would hope to see those beasties long before they made contact with me!!!!

Archived