First time using Cruise Line Air

We are using Regent Air with a deviation and have upgraded to business class. I have a question about when you can choose your seats on an overseas flight. What I see is that you can’t choose your seats until 24 hours before departure. Our flights aren’t until January with a return in February. This is our first time on Regent and our first time using a Cruise line air program.:o:)

We have always been able to book/change seats immediately. We get the Booking Code from our TA, go into the website for the airline and access the page showing seats. Regent books seats for you, so you are simply going into your reservation and changing seats.

Thanks for the info after checking in with the airlines most of our seats are OK the only ones I can’t get are the Qantas Air Lines.:):)

We were able to go online and book/change our seats immediately upon receiving the email forwarded by our TA with the exception of our Air Canada flight. I called Air Canada and they let me select my seats over the phone. It may be worthwhile to give Qantas Air a call as they may let you do the seat selection over the phone.

If you have your PNR, you should be able to go to the Qantas website and pick your seats if you are in business class.. You may have to register as a Qantas frequent flyer (which is easy and doesn't cost anything). I was able to do this easily last month.

We upgraded to business class with an air deviation for our upcoming Sept cruise and were able to immediately select our seats from NY to London on American's website. However, we couldn't select seats for the connecting flight from London to Nice. We called American and they said that seat selection from Heathrow can't be done until we arrive at the airport. Has anyone else had this experience?

I am figuring you flight from LHR to Nice is on BA. If so, if you are plat on American or higher, you can go to the BA website, input your AA PNR, and pick you seats . You can't do this if you have no status on AA though until 24 hrs before. You can do it anytime if you're plat or ex plat.

Are you on American all the way or do you switch over to British Air / Americans partner.

We flew and was able to get our flights on all legs of the flight. As a matter of fact it gave us the chance to correct the seats they had us in From Nice to London, as British Air has club which is business.. they had us in coach.. we got it changed before ever leaving the states.

If you are working with a travel agent... get after them to get you your seats. That is what they are getting paid for. All of our cruises we buy the air thru the cruise

You are lucky if you can use Air Canada for an extra 100 pp. I was quoted an extra $1,000 per person each way for my itinerary and there are three of us. Don't blame Regent, it's the airline. Needless to say we are flying another airline.

I have a question as well

We are using Air fr the first time

Regent wants a deviation of 150 pp to confirm an airline plus an additional 100 pp to use Air Canada

Does that seem correct?

The increase in the air deviation charge must be recent as it was only last month that we did our air deviation and it was still 125 pp. We requested using Air Canada for one leg of our trip and it didn't cost us anything extra but I have read on the boards that there can be an up-charge for using some airlines on some routes. Obviously we lucked out on our flights.

Personally I think it is worth the extra money to fly the routes I want with the airlines i want. YVR is the closest departure city for us but we have to fly there so it is important to me to be able to coordinate our Regent flights with the flights we must take to get to/from YVR.

You are lucky if you can use Air Canada for an extra 100 pp. I was quoted an extra $1,000 per person each way for my itinerary and there are three of us. Don't blame Regent, it's the airline. Needless to say we are flying another airline.

Do you mind sharing where you were flying to and from that you were going to be charged the extra 1000pp each way?

Regent will only book some airlines if they have a contract on that route. Air Canada and British Air are good examples. Sometimes they cost extra ($1,000 as mentioned) and other times they end up being the airline that Regent selects for you without deviation. It also depends upon whether they have seats available on the aircraft as Regent's contract apparently has a limit to a specified number of seats per flight.

Hi everyone; Thanks for the help I have gotten our air pretty much set for our trip to Australia. Regent called the next day after assigning our airlines with new changes. They also got our seats for us on qantas.

To answer some of the above questions and statements. I just paid $125/pp last week for our deviation. We did have a request for Air Canada at one point but they wanted $1000/pp going and 3000/pp coming back. (We didn't take it). Our flights our pretty decent, when you take into account that we start from Syracuse, New York.:):)

Thanks again for the help.:D

Do you mind sharing where you were flying to and from that you were going to be charged the extra 1000pp each way?

We are flying from Toronto to Venice and then from Nice back to Toronto. Obviously Air Canada does not fly direct but they do go to Paris. The extra cost must depend on the routing as some people are charged little and others are quoted what I received.

We are flying from Toronto to Venice and then from Nice back to Toronto. Obviously Air Canada does not fly direct but they do go to Paris. The extra cost must depend on the routing as some people are charged little and others are quoted what I received.

Thanks for the info. I was curious what route was costing so much. Again if you don't mind what airline did you end up getting? Should have asked the question the first time.

Thanks for the info. I was curious what route was costing so much. Again if you don't mind what airline did you end up getting? Should have asked the question the first time.

Regent booked us on Air France for both flights. Later I found an excellent Aeroplan flight on Lufthansa for the Nice to Toronto segment which was quite surprising as usually there aren't three business class seats available on one flight. To make it even better the flight is for two days after we leave the ship so we will have extra time in Nice.

Now we are flying to Venice by Air France courtesy of Regent and flying Nice to Toronto using Aeroplan points on LH. My two adult daughters are accompanying me.

Elsie, that sounds wonderful. I know you love travelling with your daughters as much as I do with my sons. My oldest son and I spent a couple of days in Nice post cruise last year, and it was great. We walked all over, ate delicious meals (be sure and eat at Luc Saucedo and tell him I sent you), went to the museums.

Regent booked us on Air France for both flights. Later I found an excellent Aeroplan flight on Lufthansa for the Nice to Toronto segment which was quite surprising as usually there aren't three business class seats available on one flight. To make it even better the flight is for two days after we leave the ship so we will have extra time in Nice.

Now we are flying to Venice by Air France courtesy of Regent and flying Nice to Toronto using Aeroplan points on LH. My two adult daughters are accompanying me.

Thank you. Sounds like it worked out perfectly.

Elsie, that sounds wonderful. I know you love travelling with your daughters as much as I do with my sons. My oldest son and I spent a couple of days in Nice post cruise last year, and it was great. We walked all over, ate delicious meals (be sure and eat at Luc Saucedo and tell him I sent you), went to the museums.

Hi Rachel. Thanks for mentioning Luc Saucedo. I found a note in my trip file with that name but I didn't write down what city it was in so wondered about it. The restaurant doesn't seem to have a website so would you mind telling me how to find it? We are staying at the Negresco.

I love travelling with my girls - nice feeling of security. They learned early on that they are free to do their own thing and I won't be sitting on the ship doing "woe is me!! because they left me."

Archived