Princess Cruise Food

cruiserjmeg

Great links everyone provided you! I've cruised Carnival twice. Thought the food was fine. In general, I really like the food on Princess. I like it in most of the venues: main dining room, International Cafe, Horizon Buffet, Trident Grill, and Specialty Restaurants. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was Princess' pizza on Lido deck:eek::eek::eek: - I think I'm in the minority here but I find much better pizza on land here in Orange County, CA.

Here are a few dining room food photos. I can't tell you what they were called on the menu, but they were all good:

6953619705_e80240b080_z.jpg

Golden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

6808572340_fb6fe6d476_z.jpg

6953625625_ae17a16a15_z.jpg

6956756061_6053e4df23_z.jpg

6810647190_c49d475b2f_z.jpg

Does anybody have any photos of some typical menus or food items on Princess cruises? I'm curious what the food/menus are like having only cruised on Carnival recently.

here's a few photos from our cruise in July on the Sea Princess... I enjoy the pasta items, that's why you'll see a couple of pasta dishes... my favorite is the Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken in the parmesan bowl... and the goat cheese soufflé, and of course any of the desserts!!

hmmmm... the photos didn't show... I'll try again

Edited by mikjr

Here's a few more food photos. These are all from the Horizon Court Buffet:

7391047268_886b1ce600_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

7187174227_f99d85ce74_z.jpg

Coral Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

5513375989_efcba06dba_z.jpg

Golden Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

6810633594_f6e56b5315_z.jpg

6808563998_cf8e7f347f_z.jpg

5440206774_825f8424ca_z.jpg

Golden Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Edited by Jasperdo

If you copy and paste the link to my Aloha blog in my siggy' date=' you can check out the photos and menus I've taken on our 12/22/10 Golden Princess cruise. (I've tried to post an actual link, but somehow it doesn't work)[/quote']Have you tried clicking on the "Insert Link" icon that's on top of the edit section of your Edit Signature page? It's a picture of a globe with a chain link under it. That's how I put my Signature links up.
Edited by Jasperdo

By consensus, compared to other mainline cruise lines, Princess has very good food, both MDR and buffet. Their only weakness -- and, believe me, it is a huge one for vegetarians who are vegan -- is that their everyday menu has a pasta dish for vegetarians which is not at all vegan. What is so sad is the fact that this could so easily be fixed. Indeed, both Carnival and RCCL manage to have their always available vegetarian dish vegan most of the time, which thereby satisfies both vegans and vegetarians at the same time.

We are heading in a few weeks for a TA on Princess. The only thing I am not looking forward to is having to special order nearly every dinner in the MDR. For what it is worth, this turn to veganism is, by all measures, increasing rapidly among the older population for the same reason that it has been forced on me: cardiologists are increasingly choosing it as the optimal cure for atherosclerosis!

We just got off the Sapphire last weekend. I found the food very good everywhere we ate. We tried three of the anytime dining venues and ate at the Horizon Court a lot. We also tried the International Cafe. All were really good. I love desserts, but I'll have to say that most of the desserts IMHO always seem to look better than they taste. I did find, though, that each day's cupcake was exceptional. And I tried to eat all of them I could lol!

Have you tried clicking on the "Insert Link" icon that's on top of the edit section of your Edit Signature page? It's a picture of a globe with a chain link under it. That's how I put my Signature links up.

I'll have to try that. I thought I was trying all sorts of ways, but never took. Thanks.

Princess Cruise Lines by far, is so very much better, IMHO, than most other lines with this volume of prep..

Quality of ingredients, is so very vital with care of prep, then presentation.

Some ..well...many other Cruise Lines has let the almighty dollar dictate to them the lessening of quality for cruise cuisine which has fallen by the Wayside ( Not Wayside, NJ ).

Write the Carnival Chairman and the Princess President express your opinions. That way you are heard. Pro or Con , Yey and/or Ney.. :cool:

You know why most people call the Main Dish plated served on the table tops an entree. But.. the appy is .

Why do people put napkins on laps even after usage?:eek:

Edited by AAAAmerican