Recommended places for dinner in Barcelona

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in Barcelona that they have tried. My husband and I are self professed foodies and like a good meal. Doesn't need to be Michelin start level, but just an awesome dinning experience.

We are going to be there three nights total, and I know there is a lot of options.

TIA!

There are so many good restaurants in every price range that its difficult to choose one unless you know their personal taste. You might want to look into the Montiel Restaurante as one good choice. Another choice, if you are just looking for very good steak would be Restaurante Parrilla Alfonsina. Of course there are also some decent seafood restuarnats, places that specialize in Paella, etc.

Hank

Thank you Hank! Would like to stay in the mid price range of dinning if possible, but if there is an extroidanry place, we don't mind paying extra.

This seems like a good start. Also thought about asking the desk at our hotel if they could recommend where they would go. I don't want to be in tourist trap of a place.

If you are staying on or near Las Ramblas you will get a lot of advice not to eat anywhere on or near this street. We have eaten and are going back to Les Quintz Nits, which is just off Las Ramblas in the Placa Reile (SP?) The food was very good and it won;t break the budget. It was under 70euros for 2 people that included a very nice bottle of wine, apps, main coarse, and dessert with coffee and liquors. The restaurant does not take reservations and the line up starts at around 7:30pm for the 8:30pm opening. But, once the restaurant opens the line is seated within 10-15minutes.

Archived