Tropical Storm Isaac

siaia2

We are leaving Friday on the Majesty....has anyone heard of any itinerary changes? Looks like we will be coming back into port in the middle of a hurricane. Mostly worried about driving home in the middle of it.

:cool:We are leaving Sunday from Port Canaveral . It going to be a very interesting weekend for RCI and the other lines with two storms one in the Atlantic and one Caribbean . Living in Florida the shutters must go up prior to departure!!!:eek:

We leave Friday on the Monarch. Come back Monday into PC.

May not be seeing Coco Cay Sunday!!!

By the looks of that map, you may not be seeing PC on Sunday either, but it is a long way off and the paths of these storms change all the time

By the looks of that map, you may not be seeing PC on Sunday either, but it is a long way off and the paths of these storms change all the time

For sure. We lived in the Keys for 30 years!!! We know hurricanes more than I care to!!!:eek:

We are leaving Friday on the Majesty....has anyone heard of any itinerary changes? Looks like we will be coming back into port in the middle of a hurricane. Mostly worried about driving home in the middle of it.

Nothing yet.

I was going to book Majesty last minute today for Friday. Not now.

Hope Isaac turns right, back out to sea.

:cool::cool:

Molly, hopefully you will be a little better off with PC than Miami. We considered doing the Monarch, but decided on Majesty and now we are regretting it.....oh well. The drive home will be challenging. Be safe all.

We leave Friday on the Monarch. Come back Monday into PC.

May not be seeing Coco Cay Sunday!!!

We are on the same cruise. I'm a little (very) concerned about how rough the sailing will be. Not my idea of a good time being stuck in the room sick. Also wondering if there will be any itinerary changes.

If your ship can not dock because the port has been closed there are two scenarios.

First, the ship will stay out to sea for a couple of extra days until the port is opened. This happened to us when the Port of Galveston was closed in 2005 due to Hurricane Rita. We enjoyed two extra days of fun, sun, and an extra port that wasn't on our original itinerary.

Second, the ship will dock at another port close by and bus everyone back to where the ship was originally port.

We are on the same cruise. I'm a little (very) concerned about how rough the sailing will be. Not my idea of a good time being stuck in the room sick. Also wondering if there will be any itinerary changes.

I think we will be just fine. Not sure if we will make it to Coco Cay. It seems like it does not take much in the way of wind/weather for them to not stop there.

I think we will be just fine. Not sure if we will make it to Coco Cay. It seems like it does not take much in the way of wind/weather for them to not stop there.

I hope so. Your confidence actually makes me feel better. Hopefully things will stay calm.

My son and his family are on the Allure. They canceled St. Thomas and St. Maarten and are in Jamaica instead and are going to Cozumel tomorrow before heading home. He just called from the beach and said the weather wasn't very good.

From Facebook :

TROPICAL STORM ISAAC UPDATE: At this time Royal Caribbean has not altered the itineraries of any ship that departs this Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. However, we encourage guests sailing on Majesty, Monarch, Freedom, Oasis and Allure of the Seas to monitor this website for any additional updates: http://*******/9T4wre

And sometimes when the path doesn't change the timetable can vary considerably as they occasionally stall or pick up forward momentum. The cruise lines have to be flexible.

I called RC. They just said that they would not jeopardize passengers safety and as of now there are no changes to the Itinerary. They said to check on RC website tomorrow for any new updates.

I had been reading through this thread earlier... just curious what was happening with the storm. I was just on the Cruise Critic homepage and here is the link to one CC's headline articles about the storm and itinerary changes.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4952

Looks like our Allure is sailing the Western Itinerary instead of the Eastern. Not too bad of a shift but as the article states, more changes are expected. RCCL is just the first to make a change to an existing itinerary.

Hope that this information is helpful.

I had been reading through this thread earlier... just curious what was happening with the storm. I was just on the Cruise Critic homepage and here is the link to one CC's headline articles about the storm and itinerary changes.

Looks like our Allure is sailing the Western Itinerary instead of the Eastern. Not too bad of a shift but as the article states, more changes are expected. RCCL is just the first to make a change to an existing itinerary.

RCCL say they will post tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. ET if there will be anymore itinerary changes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentPage.do?pagename=important_updates

I think that is the current sailing for any of those looking for info on the next sailing.

We sailed during Hurricane Wilma in 2005....it was challenging..(went to Jamaica and San Juan... as opposed to western..)

You will be kept out of harm's way...you may go to different ports, or perhaps arrive late...or even another day...

But..you'll be safe....if you are concerned about seasickness, take bonine or similar and keep something in your stomach (green apples and crackers are good..)

And keep checking CC and Royal's site......

have a great vacation......cruising in hurricane season can have rewards..and risks....but no cruise line is going to endanger people...nor their property!:)

Archived