Outlets?

I love the Coldwater Creek fashions. Is any of you are in the area, the Coldwater Creek outlet is open to the public. It can be found in Mineral Wells, West Virginia, off I-70 between Parkersburg and Charleston, WV. Prices are outstanding on clothes and accessories. I'm from Ohio and make the trip often ---always have good luck there.

Does anyone else have a favorite outlet? Details?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have a Tanger Outlet Center right outside of Baton Rouge, LA and I swear by the Gap Outlet. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought something from the actual Gap store, but the Outlet is AMAZING. I get all my little "built-in bra" camisoles there and they have these basic tees that are so comfy. I love them because a lot of the basic shirts you buy stretch out, but these are kind of spandex-y so they keep their shape, no matter how many times i pull it down, etc. They are usually 50%+ off and have ALL types of colors, so I love mixing and matching the tanks and the shirts with a pair of neutral bottoms!

Outlets? Too funny,:D I was at one near where I live today:)

I am about 25 mintues from 2 BIG outlets in St Augustine, FL off

I-95.......pick a store and they have one;). Before I get "yuk"

from anyone LOL...they have a Chico's Outlet and I love their stuff.

I don't buy the old "Traveler's" stuff but they have lots of new things.

Very cute tops with fun and funky prints on them, some solids that

are nice too....I got 5 tops today!

As for other stores, there is a Coldwater Creek outlet too. I went into

the Brighton store too.....they have some really nice things. Didn't

get anything though. There is a Talbots too. Like I said, pick a store....

these 2 outlets have ALOT of them:)

Outlets? Too funny,:D I was at one near where I live today:)

I am about 25 mintues from 2 BIG outlets in St Augustine, FL off

I-95.......pick a store and they have one;). Before I get "yuk"

from anyone LOL...they have a Chico's Outlet and I love their stuff.

I don't buy the old "Traveler's" stuff but they have lots of new things.

Very cute tops with fun and funky prints on them, some solids that

are nice too....I got 5 tops today!

As for other stores, there is a Coldwater Creek outlet too. I went into

the Brighton store too.....they have some really nice things. Didn't

get anything though. There is a Talbots too. Like I said, pick a store....

these 2 outlets have ALOT of them:)

There is a Tanger Outlet mall in nearby Washington, Pa which I enjoy, especially for the Children's Place. When visiting Florida, I always stop at St Augustine Outlets - love em. Talbots in KY sounds great! The Coldwater Creek Outlet in WV is ( I believe) their factory. Some of the things are seconds but they also have first quality and returns. I like the knickknacks and jewelry deals as well as the clothes. Fun!

I have an advantage working part time at a mall. I'm fairly close to both Chico's and Coldwater Creek, as well as Nordstrom and will watch prices. I haunt the sales racks constantly, although I don't often buy. I've been to some of the outlet stores and to be honest with you, find the prices no lower than the regular stores sales racks. I know Nordstrom Rack doesn't carry a lot of what the regular Nordies does, they have special brands purchased just for that store.

Coldwater Creek does the same for sales. They will have 70% off sales, I go in there and everything on sale is not their regular merchandise. I always think "what a hassle for the sales personnel, moving that stuff back and forth from the stock room". Chico's is different, like the regular Nordstrom, their clothing from regular stock is marked down. The clothing prices at Chico's online go up and down, more than once I've purchased a piece online if the store doesn't have my size, a month or two later I'll see the same thing, marked on sale, for $10-20 more than what I paid, then again another month later marked down again.

Our store chain has a couple outlets, their prices are the same as all the other stores, but we do send them the end of the line sale items, mostly to make space for new arrivals. It's weird how we can have it on sale for 60 days and it won't move, we even will drop the price another 20%. But, send it to the outlet, marked back up to the original sale price and it sells.

My point is, be careful, what you think you may be getting on "sale" isn't always a great deal, especially at outlet malls.

Coldwater Creek does the same for sales. They will have 70% off sales, I go in there and everything on sale is not their regular merchandise. I always think "what a hassle for the sales personnel, moving that stuff back and forth from the stock room".

That must be at the one you go to. I can say that the ones by me (I have to standard stores within 10 miles of me) do not swap out stock. I go in there enough to know what is new, what is old and what is kind of in the middle. That way when something does go on sale (either online or in the store) I already have an idea of what I want from there. The 70% sales are to clear out stock for the next season typically and everything I expect to see in there is always on the racks. I have never bought anything at full price their yet. I also see a constant rotation from current to clearance racks at the back of the store, so if I'm willing to just wait a few months I can often find something I wanted at a significantly lower price.

That must be at the one you go to. I can say that the ones by me (I have to standard stores within 10 miles of me) do not swap out stock. I go in there enough to know what is new, what is old and what is kind of in the middle. That way when something does go on sale (either online or in the store) I already have an idea of what I want from there. The 70% sales are to clear out stock for the next season typically and everything I expect to see in there is always on the racks. I have never bought anything at full price their yet. I also see a constant rotation from current to clearance racks at the back of the store, so if I'm willing to just wait a few months I can often find something I wanted at a significantly lower price.

Quite possibly. They do have a regular sales rack in back all the time, but for their big sales, the whole store is rotated. You can tell if there is wide size availability and if the price tags look new.

I worked in a clothing store years ago. For big sales we would get in different than normal stock, put the tags on (I had to size everything and hang it up), then I would go through and mark the price out with a red pen and re-mark the clothing at the "sale" price. I saw the invoices... just as an example they would pay $10 for an item, mark the tag as $40, I would cross that off and mark it to $25. The women would eat it up, thinking they were saving $15. The store owner would clean up at these sales, he was making 150% off on these clothes. He would send back what didn't sell. I always thought it was pretty sneaky.

Most retail markups are around 100%, so even a mark down of 70% the store is still making a profit of 30%. Special purchases they make even more.

I'm not crazy for the quality of Coldwater Creek. They do have some nice looking things, but I've never gotten real good wear out of them.

Spoiled for choice down here when it comes to the outlets, have to be in the mood though.

There are always a lot of good sales this time of year in the regular stores too, so an ideal time to pick up some bargains.

Hi:D yes, Orlando does have some good shopping!!!!!;):):D

I like Talbots. There is a Talbots outlet in Lexington, KY. DD lives in Richmond, KY, so I go there often, about an hour away.

The regular Talbots in my mall are having the end of summer sale. I bought a lovely pair of brown pants that started at $98 and I got them for $32. Really great quality. Lots of tops and sweater sets etc and if you had been eyeing capris my store seemed to have lots of them. I was surprised at how many plus size items were available. Good prices for good quality. Forward CHARGE!

If someone wants to shop at outlets and if you are happy, that's great but, all merchandise is not necessarily created equally.;) Many of the so called outlets are selling things manufactured specifically for the outlets and you may not be getting the same quality that a certain brand has in regular stores. You must know your merchandise. Many brands have different color labels for retail stores and for outlets. Eddie Bauer and Brooks Brothers are just two that come to mind, black label for one, grey for the other.

I, like Happy KS, prefer to haunt the sale racks at regular stores where I can beat the outlet stores by a mile. I remember "way back when" shopping in outlets that were TRUE outlets. They were located right at the point of manufacture where you could hear, and many times, see the production. The places were dingy and many times merchadise was in big bins that you dug through.

Many people are lured in by the word outlet thinking that it automatically means a bargain....not always so.

Here are just a couple of my bargains from yesterday.

With a store coupon, ended up getting these for $4.99

http://www.bonton.com/shop/women/shorts/bandolino-magenta-rose-ivette-slimming-bermuda-twill-short_473927.html

This swimsuit was $36.80 for top AND bottom.

http://www.swimspot.com/Athena-Heavenly-Purple-Tankini-Top-and-Skirted-Bikini-Bottom-3595.aspx?zmae=cashbackshopping&zmam=31251023&zmas=251&zmac=65&zmap=60242PUR&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingshopping

If someone wants to shop at outlets and if you are happy, that's great but, all merchandise is not necessarily created equally.;) Many of the so called outlets are selling things manufactured specifically for the outlets and you may not be getting the same quality that a certain brand has in regular stores. You must know your merchandise. Many brands have different color labels for retail stores and for outlets. Eddie Bauer and Brooks Brothers are just two that come to mind, black label for one, grey for the other.

I, like Happy KS, prefer to haunt the sale racks at regular stores where I can beat the outlet stores by a mile. I remember "way back when" shopping in outlets that were TRUE outlets. They were located right at the point of manufacture where you could hear, and many times, see the production. The places were dingy and many times merchadise was in big bins that you dug through.

Many people are lured in by the word outlet thinking that it automatically means a bargain....not always so.

Here are just a couple of my bargains from yesterday.

With a store coupon, ended up getting these for $4.99

http://www.bonton.com/shop/women/shorts/bandolino-magenta-rose-ivette-slimming-bermuda-twill-short_473927.html

This swimsuit was $36.80 for top AND bottom.

http://www.swimspot.com/Athena-Heavenly-Purple-Tankini-Top-and-Skirted-Bikini-Bottom-3595.aspx?zmae=cashbackshopping&zmam=31251023&zmas=251&zmac=65&zmap=60242PUR&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingshopping

Hi stranger:) I agree with you...not all outlets are the same.

Sometimes I walk in, peruse a bit and walk out.

Brighton has an outlet but I guess their prices are just high anyway.

They had a really cute bag....nylon with leather straps. The only

part of the bag that was leather were the straps......I could not see

spending 100+.00 for a nylon purse.....but then again, that is just

me.;)

Now I realize leather shoes and full leather purses are pricey.....but

nylon? I can find a cute bag for what I need for way less $ at

Steinmart:D

Hi stranger:) I agree with you...not all outlets are the same.

Sometimes I walk in, peruse a bit and walk out.

Brighton has an outlet but I guess their prices are just high anyway.

They had a really cute bag....nylon with leather straps. The only

part of the bag that was leather were the straps......I could not see

spending 100+.00 for a nylon purse.....but then again, that is just

me.;)

Now I realize leather shoes and full leather purses are pricey.....but

nylon? I can find a cute bag for what I need for way less $ at

Steinmart:D

And a big hi to you, was just thinking I had not seen you around in awhile.:) Is the hurricane affecting you at all, are you staying safe?

I have 2 outlet centers close by but I rarely, if ever bother with them. I prefer my regular stores, like TJ Maxx, Talbots sale racks and a formerly local store that is now affiliated with some of the Chicago stores. Jealous that you have a close Steinmart, nearest to me is 2 hours away.

Hi:) Oh we are fine at the moment.....the storm is not coming this

far NE....looks like Tampa and the Gulfside on the state are going to

be affected though and then it looks like Louisiana and Texas may

feel some of Isaac too:eek:...wishing everyone in his path good luck.

Quite possibly. They do have a regular sales rack in back all the time, but for their big sales, the whole store is rotated. You can tell if there is wide size availability and if the price tags look new.

That is definitely not the case at the Ohio stores... often the size availability is still the same sizes I saw the week before or they have to call other stores to see if they happen to have it in stock. There is definitely no new stock ever in those sales. Also keep in mind their stock is almost identical to what is online so I see what is new and what isn't that way also.

I worked in a clothing store years ago. For big sales we would get in different than normal stock, put the tags on (I had to size everything and hang it up), then I would go through and mark the price out with a red pen and re-mark the clothing at the "sale" price. I saw the invoices... just as an example they would pay $10 for an item, mark the tag as $40, I would cross that off and mark it to $25. The women would eat it up, thinking they were saving $15. The store owner would clean up at these sales, he was making 150% off on these clothes. He would send back what didn't sell. I always thought it was pretty sneaky.

I'm not an expert in retail products... but that doesn't sound to far off base to me. Restaurants are typically 3-4x the cost in price in order to pay the bills and then make a profit. If you're marketing an item they also say the selling point should be 3-4 times what it takes to make it.

This is very true. I know the stock of Coldwater Creek like the back of my hand (sadly). I can tell you that the items in the outlet store are not the ones in the regular storefronts or even online since they clearly name every item they sell with something unique. I can take a label at the outlet store and search for it online and never find it, nor do I recall ever seeing it online or in the main stores. But to me that's a nice bonus since it's usually well priced and adds variety to my normal wardrobe from them.

My outlet of choice is Eddie Bauer since they carry misses and mens tall clothing and the regular stores do not. I don't believe I get any great bargains there, but I don't care. It is awesome to find clothes that are long enough for me and DH. I am 5'11" and he is 6'5"...nice to go to one store and find something for both of us.

Lisa

I've pretty much given up shopping at Outlets. I always seems to get better prices (and better selection) at regular stores during sales.

Talbots has their own line in the Outlet. The sewn in tags are even a bit different. Occasionally they will have regular merchandise marked way down, but if we're passing the Outlets here around Atlanta I'll stop in and manage to always find something. My best buy was a $300 wool trench-style winter coat for $20.

I never find anything I like at the Coldwater Creek outlet. It seems like everything is either orange or brown, or its just blah. Whoever makes the choices for the Outlet is doing the store a disservice - more than any other outlet store I've been in.

If I'm at the outlet I'll search out places like CABI - mainly because I hate having to go to home sales to get their clothes.

Well some of our choices are made because of our age, size and life style. I am mature and plus and low cut pants or tops NO cotton with wrinkles NO up tight and sassy DON"T think so. I just like to shop. It is so much fun for me to go and see the colors and patterns and textures. Someone said need to be in the mood. Sometimes you need to be with an enabler "boy that sure looks good on you and it would match that ====". Sometimes you just need comic relief and a good laugh over an inappropriate garment especially with your best friend.

I try to buy local and support the stores where I try things on and experiment and check it out. Because of my size lots of times I buy online because it is easier to get the size I need or the width of shoe or the exact swim suit material I want. Good reasons to buy on line but for recreational shopping (and I do do a bit:D) then local so they will still stay in business.

Well some of our choices are made because of our age, size and life style. I am mature and plus and low cut pants or tops NO cotton with wrinkles NO up tight and sassy DON"T think so. I just like to shop. It is so much fun for me to go and see the colors and patterns and textures. Someone said need to be in the mood. Sometimes you need to be with an enabler "boy that sure looks good on you and it would match that ====". Sometimes you just need comic relief and a good laugh over an inappropriate garment especially with your best friend.

I try to buy local and support the stores where I try things on and experiment and check it out. Because of my size lots of times I buy online because it is easier to get the size I need or the width of shoe or the exact swim suit material I want. Good reasons to buy on line but for recreational shopping (and I do do a bit:D) then local so they will still stay in business.

I'm with you. I just LOVE to shop. I wish I lived near some of you. We'd have a ball!

I love the Coldwater Creek fashions. Is any of you are in the area, the Coldwater Creek outlet is open to the public. It can be found in Mineral Wells, West Virginia, off I-70 between Parkersburg and Charleston, WV. Prices are outstanding on clothes and accessories. I'm from Ohio and make the trip often ---always have good luck there.

Does anyone else have a favorite outlet? Details?

Not sure if I'm right on this...but, this Coldwater Creek in Mineral Wells is not your typical outlet. It is a clearence center which is attached to the factory which distributes CC clothing?? (I think...factory doing something anyways)

So, the prices can be rock bottom on certain items. And really rock bottom if you hit on a good day!

I'm not a CC fan per say, but, the sign for this off 77 caught my eye traveling from NC to Michigan (a route I take several times a year). Stopped several years ago and if I'm passing by when it is open---I will stop.

Again, not sure if it is the same clothing found in regular stores...but, they have a ton of stuff and not only clothes. I have gotten beautiful leather purse for $4.99! They will have bins of a shirt (or whatever) for cheap...but, they will all be the same size/color...so if it is not for you, you are out of luck.

I don't buy much there because it is either not my size or style. But, it is always worth a stop because I do find few things dirt cheap. :)

Not sure if I'm right on this...but, this Coldwater Creek in Mineral Wells is not your typical outlet. It is a clearence center which is attached to the factory which distributes CC clothing?? (I think...factory doing something anyways)

Now this DOES sound like the true outlets of yore.:)

One time I took DH to an outlet that was just the factory and he kept asking, "where's the store, where's the store?". There was no store.:p:D

Many eons ago I used to go to the Woolrich outlet that was in Woolrich, Pa. and the things were made on the premises with the smells and sound of the manufacturing equipment. Now the store is still in Woolrich, Pa. but it's all nicey, nice and not selling what you see in regular stores.:(

Archived