ES rate, Price drop, Price protection form

vache

Happy Monday All-

I booked our cruise early this year through an ES rate. Last Thursday the price dropped and I submitted a form through the CCL site. I have yet to hear back but did get an automated reply that my form was received. I'm concerned that since the rates have gone back up as of today that I may not get the adjustment since I have yet to hear anything regarding my request for an OBC.

I did save a screen shot of the rate the day I submitted the form but not sure how much that would help me (date is shown on the bottom of the screen shot).

Any thoughts

?

I am still waiting for a reply from submitting a drop on Thurs as well. I also got the automated reply. On my way to the port now and would like to know if it was approved because it's for $90! Have never waited this long for a reply.

Same thing for me! I submitted my price drop form on Thursday as well and got the usual reply that the form had been received. This is the longest I've waited for approval for a price drop and I'm thinking it may be that they are just extra busy with the tropical storm going on right now and itinerary changes, etc. Mind you, the email DID say it might take 7 - 10 days so I'll just sit tight. I also have a screen shot with the date on it so hopefully, we'll all get our price drops! :D

i submitted my form on thursday as well, no response other than the automated one saying it was received.

a few weeks ago, i filed another form. i didnt receive the automated response, and a few days later filled out another form. they finally looked at the first form about a week later, then sent a response regarding the second form that it was already addressed ... LOL :rolleyes:

i think they are probably just REALLY backed up right now.

I submitted one on 7/23 and still do not have answer back, have sent them 2 emails with no reponse.

Not real happy but did get one that I sent in for 20.00 in June so I guess something is better than nothing. The one on 7/23 was about 50.00 less,

I think they're really backed up too. I submitted two last week and just received the confirmations last night and this morning. I'd give them a little more time. I took screenshots just in case and luckily didn't need to send them in or resubmit the forms. Good luck and hopefully you'll hearing something very soon! :)

Today I received an emailfrom carnival and bscially said this : The rate your requested is available under our Pack & Go Promotion, which only offers IS/OV/BL categories. In order for us to be able to reprice your reservation to the lower rate you requested, you must forfeit your current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned by Carnival up to 24 hours prior to the sailing. Please reply back to this email within the next 24 hours and let us know if you still want us to proceed with the price adjustment you requested. Thank you for choosing Carnival.

I want to OBC but I guess I'm confused I want to make sure I get the same Type of room (OV) I care where the room is located but for 180 OBC maybe I don't care that much....Any thoguts?

Today I received an emailfrom carnival and bscially said this : The rate your requested is available under our Pack & Go Promotion, which only offers IS/OV/BL categories. In order for us to be able to reprice your reservation to the lower rate you requested, you must forfeit your current cabin assignment and a new cabin number will be assigned by Carnival up to 24 hours prior to the sailing. Please reply back to this email within the next 24 hours and let us know if you still want us to proceed with the price adjustment you requested. Thank you for choosing Carnival.

I want to OBC but I guess I'm confused I want to make sure I get the same Type of room (OV) I care where the room is located but for 180 OBC maybe I don't care that much....Any thoguts?

pack n go is NOT your category as is required. They used to just deny these price drops, but so many dont know that they are supposed to price match to their category, 6A, 6B, etc.. they finally gave in and are allowing you to give up your category.

If you are ok with any OV, you can do this. You might be under the kitchen which is noisy during the night, not carpeted, or all the way forward or all the way aft (lots of vibration). If you dont care where they put you, as long as its a OV .. then they are allowing you to do this.

You are asking to downgrade to a guarantee, and they are telling you that they will allow this downgrade.

Someone on another thread was complaining about being over or under a lounge that had music during the night that kept her awake. I dont know what ship you are on, so this might not even be a possbility.

Just be aware that if you agreed to this, you cant later call up and change to another cabin within the same category.. that is your cabin. And you might not even know which cabin you got until you board, though thats unusual.

That is a large price drop though.. for that much money, as often as I cruise, I might take the chance. But I cruise alone, so its just me to worry about.

Archived