Serenade - 7602 on the hump or deck 9 balcony?

bgyoshi

Hello! i'm currently booked on Serenade in a D2 balcony on deck 9, mid-ship. I just saw that 7602 on the hump is available right now and for $20 less/pp! Haven't had a hump before but I can see why people like it!

Should I take it? My only concern is the deck 7 overhangs of the lifeboats...and the hump is directly above the champagne bar.

Thanks!

Oh sorry. The view is better, only one deck up to the pool deck. If you are midship with both, then the elevators are right there anyway.

The only deck 7 balconies we like on the Radiance class are the very forward ones with extended balconies, and the convenience of the forward elevators.

Most deck 7, even midship has the annoying lifeboat covers. I didn't look up your cabin number. If you are center hump, it probably wouldn't be a problem, but from photos the balconies there are very narrow in depth.

That was probably more than you wanted to know. :)

Okay, I looked up 7602. That one would probably be alright, since it is center hump. You wouldn't have to worry about the lifeboat covers. Your choice, to try something different. ;)

Hello! i'm currently booked on Serenade in a D2 balcony on deck 9, mid-ship. I just saw that 7602 on the hump is available right now and for $20 less/pp! Haven't had a hump before but I can see why people like it!

Should I take it? My only concern is the deck 7 overhangs of the lifeboats...and the hump is directly above the champagne bar.

Thanks!

Personally I would stay with the balcony cabin on Deck 9 - I have just booked a midship one (D2) for the Serenade of the Seas sailing from Dubai next February. Prefer to be midship as opposed to the fore or aft and also like to be on a deck with no venues below or above which could cause noise concerns (theatre, disco et) I came across a very interesting website which gives deck plan information and cabin details and it might be of interest if you check this out. Note their comments about Deck 7! The link is DeckPlanGenius.com. Just log on and scroll through the pages for the ship you want and go from there.

Good Luck

Regards

Suron in Bristol UK

I'd stick with a D over an E anyday...more space. That "mid-hump" balcony won't be any larger than a standard side balcony and the cabin is smaller, since it's an E cat.

The lifeboats are below ALL balconies on the side....it's not a big-deal at all.

See, I am going the opposite way. Take the HUMP! On serenade, you cannot see straight down unless you are on a hump or way forward on the ship. We made that mistake the first time on her and after that we always booked early so we could get a hump balcony on Deck 8. Loved it. Have done the same thing on Jewel for next year when we do a B2B. Plus on this class, the hump balconies are slightly bigger than the other E Cat balconies. I know D2 cabins are bigger, but I would go for a hump balcony all the time

Yup, I went with the hump! It's a center hump so right mid-ship, and from previous CC-ers pictures, looks like I can see straight down to the water, and also views of the "front" and "back" of the ship! I don't care so much for the size of the room or balcony as long as it can fit 2 chairs out there, which it can! Just excited to try a new type of room. Would love the deck 8 hump instead, but the center ones are taken already. Thanks your all your help!

Thanks!

Hey I just so happened to stay in room 7602 in May for a med cruise. It was the best room I have ever had. It is located perfectly to everything. It is in the center of the hump and the life boats are no issue. You can see straight down to the water. The balcony is not oversized as it is in the middle of the hump. It is located just above the champagne bar, but we never had an issue as this was not a very busy bar on our cruise. Also, there is not much traffic by your door as the hump area has its own little hallway. It would be a great choice! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Hey I just so happened to stay in room 7602 in May for a med cruise. It was the best room I have ever had. It is located perfectly to everything. It is in the center of the hump and the life boats are no issue. You can see straight down to the water. The balcony is not oversized as it is in the middle of the hump. It is located just above the champagne bar, but we never had an issue as this was not a very busy bar on our cruise. Also, there is not much traffic by your door as the hump area has its own little hallway. It would be a great choice! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Sounds awesome! thanks for the info! Would you say the balcony is about the same as standard balcony?

Archived