Alaska, August 15-22

We just returned from Alaska cruise on the Navigator. We went north to south (Seward to Vancouver). This was our first time on the Navigator and it was a delight. We were on deck 8, mid ship and it was so easy to get anywhere on the ship. The food was very good and they served good wines. We had dinner at Sete Mari twice and the food was very good. The service was excellent and we had no complaints. We had great weather without any rain. The temperatures were in the 60's. We were able to get very close to Hubbard Glacier on first day. A nice, clear day. We did the Tracy Arms tour and I highly recommend it.

We did Bear Feeding tour prior to cruise and it was nice. The Aleyksa Resort is beautiful and the views from the mountain are awesome. The ride to Seward was very nice and we had an excellent tour director. Her name was Stephanie and she provided lots of good information. We went on "evening whale watching" tour and returned to ship close to 9pm. They kept Compass Rose opened until all passengers had returned. A very nice gesture. The crew show was very nice. They all worked so hard.

All-in-all it was an excellent cruise. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Good to hear that you had a great cruise. I read on the other thread that the wait to get into Sette Mari wasn't too bad. Did you find Sette Mari an improvement over La Veranda?

Also, was Chris Martin the Assistant Cruise Director? He told us months ago that he would be on the Navigator -- just wondering if he is still there. We adore him and are patiently(?) waiting for him to become a full fledged C.D.:)

Rachel, The cruise director was Ray Solaire and I can't remember the name of assistant CD but it was not the person you mentioned.

Yes, I thought Sette Mari was a nice change over Veranda. A different menu and setting. We enjoyed it and went there a second time.

Archived