Bringing a bottle on but it's not wine - doesn't seem like it would matter.

6 of us

I see much talk about the rules about bringing your own wine, what about a bottle of a liquid that isn't wine. Doesn't seem like it would matter as long as it meets their size requirements? Can you tell me those please? :D

I am a nutrition freak & I want to bring a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar with me. Just wondering how to carry it on & if they will allow it :D.

Can I carry it on with me, I am afraid it would break in my luggage.

As long as the bottle is under 20 ounces, you should be ok carrying it on. You're allowed 12 bottles/cans of 20 ounces or under.

I think you are mistaken on the 20 oz. A can of soda is 12 oz so that would mean you could bring less than 2 cans with you. A bottle of wine is more than 20 oz.

They allow one bottle of wine per person so a bottle of apple cider would be fine.

I think you are mistaken on the 20 oz. A can of soda is 12 oz so that would mean you could bring less than 2 cans with you. A bottle of wine is more than 20 oz.

They allow one bottle of wine per person so a bottle of apple cider would be fine.

huh?

Losing my cruiseginity Sept.16 ,2012 "Chuck"

I really doubt they will have a problem with the vinegar, but I would put it in a outside pocket if you are going to have it in your carry on. That way if any questions come up you have easy access to it. I carried two flasks with me in my carry on last time, for the Rum I ordered from Bon Voage, I just unzipped the pocket and showed them the flasks were empty.

I think you misunderstood me. For non-alcoholic beverages (I think the vinegar would fall into this category) you are allowed 12 bottles or cans, as long as each bottle or can is 20 ounces or less. 20 ounces was not the total you can bring on board, but the maximum size of each.

Last year our friends brought on board 2 wine sized bottles of Malibu Rum. She said they looked at them and didn't say a word to her! She swears it's because they had VIP boarding....... I just laughed and told her she was lucky!

Last year our friends brought on board 2 wine sized bottles of Malibu Rum. She said they looked at them and didn't say a word to her! She swears it's because they had VIP boarding....... I just laughed and told her she was lucky!

She was lucky. Last year in Long Beach, VIP boarding was looking at everything unusual, shaking it etc.

They may shake you Apple Cider or may even ask you to open it so they can smell it. One whiff will definitely do the trick.:p

I am a nutrition freak & I want to bring a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar with me. Just wondering how to carry it on & if they will allow it :D.

My BF uses apple cider vinegar to shower with. She has always taken a bottle of it with her in her check in luggage with her other toiletries. Never an issue, never broken.

She was lucky. Last year in Long Beach, VIP boarding was looking at everything unusual, shaking it etc.

They may shake you Apple Cider or may even ask you to open it so they can smell it. One whiff will definitely do the trick.:p

I agree, Long Beach has been picky for a long time, but we sailed the Spirit out of San Pedro recently and they x-rayed our carry-ons, but didn't say a word about anything (not that there was anything illegal in there), maybe it was because we are VIP/Platinum or that's just the way it is in San Pedro.

I would of killed for a bottle of apple cidar vinegar on my one cruise. I tried everything to get one.

If I was you I would just carry it on board. I swear by that stuff. Take a shot of that a day and you will never catch a cold.

I see much talk about the rules about bringing your own wine, what about a bottle of a liquid that isn't wine. Doesn't seem like it would matter as long as it meets their size requirements? Can you tell me those please? :D

In certain parts of New England, we put apple cider vinegar and salt on our fries. I guess that has nothing to do with nutrition. :D

Archived