BREAKAWAY - Peter Max design revealed!!!

tokidoki

I really couldn't care less about the art on the outside of a ship, and I'm certainly no art expert, so it doesn't bother me either way, but I still have to say I think it looks appalling.

I just showed the picture to my wife and she laughed out loud.

Still, what we think is irrelevant. I'm on it whatever it looks like from outside. If the art is supposed to get it noticed then I think it will work.

Well...when you commission an "artist" who's considered to be a joke in the art world (admittedly a joke who has probably made a ton of money...but McDonald's makes a ton of money and no one is mistaking their product for good food)...when the result is an artistic joke no one should be surprised.

In my humble opinion, this is all the hull decoration the Breakaway needs...

262654p.jpg

Now that's funny! :D I am a Peter Max fan and I like the art it is bright and fun. I am still not a fan of the name of the ship.

Thanks for sharing!!

All I can say is, yikes!! :eek: All its missing is the yellow submarine

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is getting a bit out of hand. I'd rather have a beautiful, elegant white ship.

I agree with you Mike....I have never been and never will be a fan of the hull art.

Thanks for sharing!!

All I can say is, yikes!! :eek: All its missing is the yellow submarine

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is getting a bit out of hand. I'd rather have a beautiful, elegant white ship.

I agree, Elegant is just nice! I thought the Epic was ugly, this is coming in 2nd place. Just my opinion. But, I would sail on her :)

This is a joke -- right? Say it ain't so!! I don't see the name BREAKAWAY. It just says Peter Max.

The name is on the side of the ship, just below and forward of the Boardwalk. It's right behind Earth. I saw a rendering somewhere without the hull art but with the name in this style and location. That's what makes me think this might be real.:(

NORWEGIANBREAKAWAY

Wow...disappointing to say the least.

It makes a mocking/ish cartoon of our city. I was imagining something more sophisticated and classy to represent its home port as it travels the world. Not in the least to say it looks like a kindergartener drew it!

The only connection I can make with the planets and solar crap is that a NASA spaceship has just arrived to the Intrepid and the breakaway will be docked within close proximity.

There really are so many more classier possibilities than this.

Contest to name it why not open up the possibilites to us the travelers for the hull art too? So many great untapped minds out there that probably could have really done it justice.

I thought the Epic was bad, this is way worse to me. I just hope the decor inside where I will be will be wont be so ummm "out there?" for lack of a better word!

I hope this is not the final draft.....

All I can say is I didn't expect much from him. And he certainly lived up to it. My cat spits up better looking hairballs.

Removing the floating liberty head should be the first step... Looks totally ridiculous.

Kudos, To NCL, For Daring To Be Different!!!!! This Is Definatley New York!!!!

I Hope They Put The Brooklyn Bridge, The Cyclone, The NY Yankee Logo, NY Mets Logo, And The S.I. Ferry Or Zoo, On The Other Side Of The Ship!!!!!

That Wiil Be Great!!! A Shout Out From NCL, To All The Bouroughs, That Make NYC Great!!!!!!

I Can't Wait To Sail Her!!!!!

I'm Ready To "BREAKAWAY" From The Ordinary Cruise Experience!!:p

I understand he is a colorful artist. I admire that. But it looks like a mural in a NYC park in the Bronx and not a new and state of the art ship. It does not say class or elegance.

I think the whole ship should be painted like the Partridge Family bus... THAT would look better than this ;)

BTW. There is NOTHING original or exciting about this. It looks like something a high school art club would paint.

The other boards are going to have a field day with this

I like some of Peter Max's artwork, but I absolutely don't like this.

*Shaking my head* What was he thinking with the Statue of Liberty head??? It has too much detail compared to the other items, the colors don't look good with the other items, ...and it's a floating head, for crying out loud!

Don't care for his name being so prominently placed while the ship's name isn't easily seen. :confused:

I absolutely LOVE NCL's hull art, but this doesn't live up to those on the other ships. The hull art on the rest of the ships is simple, tasteful, classy. If this is Breakaway's final artwork, I can't describe it as any of those things.

I agree with sdmike, I like the work Peter Max did on the airplane better than that of the ship.

I agree with the poster who said maybe if the Statue of Liberty head wasn't there.

Was so hoping Mr. Max would update or mature his work. Maybe to match a new generation of so many things - communication, art, entertainment, design, cruising, etc.

Archived