BREAKAWAY - Peter Max design revealed!!!

tokidoki

I kinda like it!:)

I just wonder if the other side of the ship might have subways, buses, or the Empire state building?:D

Yeah, I want to see the other side too. Not sure about that big red blob, is that supposed to be the sun? I keep thinking this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.... Oh That's what they should have named it - Aquarius! I hate hate hate the name much more than the hull art.

I actually met Peter Max about 30 years ago in Guam. 2 Navy wives we worked in a furniture/electronics store and he came in to buy something electronic. (remember this was back @ 1980 so it sure wasn't an iPhone) my friend recognized him right away and he drew a picture of her on a piece of paper that was sitting there. Took him about 3 minutes and it was really good - life like. Of course by the time I got down there he was leaving... I've lost touch with her but I'm sure she still cherishes that drawing.

Maybe this is just a PR stunt. I'm going to go with that until Norwegian releases the official Breakaway. :) If it's still there in May...hey whatever, as long as she's sea worthy (goes without saying) she'll be okay by me.

I can't see it being a PR stunt, it was a News 1 segment in NYC today.

I also think the floating head looks completely ridiculous.

Removing the floating liberty head should be the first step... Looks totally ridiculous.

...and it's a floating head, for crying out loud!

I agree with the poster who said maybe if the Statue of Liberty head wasn't there.

Well, think of Liberty's image as a ship's figurehead.

UX67.JPG

Ship-Figurehead.jpg

fh1.jpg

I can say NCL was not happy this picture was out there. They did remove it from their Facebook page when it was posted there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I was wondering why there wasn't an NCL press release. They've been doing such a wonderful job releasing info - in a well thought out plan - on this gorgeous (on the inside) ship. It's just peculiar that there has been nothing from NCL and makes me think (hope) it's just a first draft!

Archived