Civitavecchia to airport

WillB

We are trying to figure out the best way to get to to airport from Civitavecchia. We don't want to take the train. Are there vans that we can sign up for or should we just bite the bullet and take a taxi?

Thanks,

Will

Silhouette, 9/29

We used RomeinLimo for the transfer in a private car and the cost was less than if we had booked the ship's transfer. We actually arranged it on the ship though the concierge, but you can certainly arrange it in advance,

We have used RomeCabs over a dozen times and they have been great every time. We have used them for full day tours (12 people 2 vans), transfers to/from FCO and hotels and hotels to/from cruise terminal. (never tried arriving on the day the cruise departed, so never FCO to cruise terminal.

They have always been on time, clean vehicles, friendly drivers who speak english and the owner (Stefano) is easy to reach if you need to discuss anything with him.

We used Rome in Limo and were very pleased. We found others to share the airport ride (and other trips/excursions) through our roll call. Went very well and cost much less than the ship bus transfer. Were at thr airport in less than an hour-excellent way to do this.

Thanks, everyone for the information. I think I will try those Romecabs. We are just two, but maybe we can find someone to share.

WillB

We just used RomeCabs for our transfer from Civita to Fiumicino. We were not disappointed at all. They were only a little late because of substantial traffic but our flight wasn't until 2:40PM so we were fine.

We had a really nice Mercedes Benz for the two of us and our driver was excellent. It was expensive (about 70 euros/person) but well worth it to end the cruise stress free :cool:

We used RomeCabs and I have nothing but good things to say about them. We wound up on a later flight than we originally scheduled, I emailed them at 3am (Rome time) and they were there waiting for us. After a stressful flight, it was a welcome relief.

Thanks, everyone for the information. I think I will try those Romecabs. We are just two, but maybe we can find someone to share.

WillB

That's what we did - posted a note on our thread and got 5 other people to join us, reducing the cost to less than the ship's transfer. We had a very early flight and it was pouring when we got off the ship but RomeCabs did a great job of getting us to the airport in plenty of time.

Marianne

We just used RomeCabs for our transfer from Civita to Fiumicino. We were not disappointed at all. They were only a little late because of substantial traffic but our flight wasn't until 2:40PM so we were fine.

We had a really nice Mercedes Benz for the two of us and our driver was excellent. It was expensive (about 70 euros/person) but well worth it to end the cruise stress free :cool:

Did you book ahead of time and arranged a time for pick up at the terminal? How did you know when would you get off the ship?

We plan to use Rome Cabs for our June, 2013 cruise also.

Ricky

Ricky,

Communicate with the company you choose via their e mail. You will find recommendations on the destinations boards.

When you participate in the Roll Call there should be others wishing to share the service, which will cut the cost. It's not too early to begin searching and communicating.

Follow up about a month before your cruise and be sure to get the contact phone and/or e mail of the company. Another reminder to them a week or so before the cruise is beneficial as well.

All of the recommended companies, some of which we too have used, know more about cruise schedules than we ever will. Afterall, it's their livlihood. They will ask for your flight time and number and recommend a time and place to meet. They will have a sign at disembarkation with your name or the name of the booking party. It's an easy process.

Enjoy planning your cruise.

We are trying to figure out the best way to get to to airport from Civitavecchia. We don't want to take the train. Are there vans that we can sign up for or should we just bite the bullet and take a taxi?

Thanks,

Will

Silhouette, 9/29

Hi Will,

We used Bob's Limos for our shuttle from Civitavecchia to the Rome airport when we got off the Silhouette on Aug. 22nd. They have a toll free US number and the driver was there early holding a sign with our names.

There were four of us and the cost was 30 euros each. We set this up with the other couple on the meet and greet thread. Getting off the ship was fast and the van was parked right outside of the exit.

Have a great time on the Silhouette!

Anyone use Romashuttle?

We have and very pleased with their service. In fact, have them lined up for transport to/from an airport hotel/port for three upcoming cruises.

If you go to your roll call on CC and post you have x amount of seats available, you can probably fill it up in a hurry. The cost is per vehicle which for eight is 160 euros plus tip.

Tucker in Texas

Ricky,

Communicate with the company you choose via their e mail. You will find recommendations on the destinations boards.

When you participate in the Roll Call there should be others wishing to share the service, which will cut the cost. It's not too early to begin searching and communicating.

Follow up about a month before your cruise and be sure to get the contact phone and/or e mail of the company. Another reminder to them a week or so before the cruise is beneficial as well.

All of the recommended companies, some of which we too have used, know more about cruise schedules than we ever will. Afterall, it's their livlihood. They will ask for your flight time and number and recommend a time and place to meet. They will have a sign at disembarkation with your name or the name of the booking party. It's an easy process.

Enjoy planning your cruise.

Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.

Ricky

Hi Will,

We used Bob's Limos for our shuttle from Civitavecchia to the Rome airport when we got off the Silhouette on Aug. 22nd. They have a toll free US number and the driver was there early holding a sign with our names.

There were four of us and the cost was 30 euros each. We set this up with the other couple on the meet and greet thread. Getting off the ship was fast and the van was parked right outside of the exit.

Have a great time on the Silhouette!

We did the same, along with 3 others from our roll call. I think it was 27EU each. We had also used them from the airport to the cruise port at the beginning; for just the two of us it was about 85 EU, which was a senior price.

We've used the train to Rome itself before, but the car was so much simpler, since you can't go straight from Citavecchia to the airport.

WillB

If you post on your roll call you might find others who need the lift .The more you fill up the van the cheaper it is

Rome cabs were the best for me .i have used them many times while in rome

My bag was left behind by mistake at the hotel ...they went to get it ....it came back intact

Now thats service!,,

Michele

I have booked RomeCabs round trip from FCO to Port and return. They have been excellent to deal with. Another party that is now traveling one way with us had asked and got a quote from what she thought was RomeCabs only to find out that they use the name but are not the same. I questioned Stephano, the owner of RomeCabs, about this because they were offering the same thing for 6 people for 20 Euro less. Stephano replied that indeed this was a different company and all of the regular competators have the same prices offered. This company (RomeCab Transfer) might not have up-to-date vehicles, professional drivers or proper insurance. When you contact RomeCabs make sure that their email is www.romecabs.com and not romecab@hotmail.com.

I have booked RomeCabs round trip from FCO to Port and return. They have been excellent to deal with. Another party that is now traveling one way with us had asked and got a quote from what she thought was RomeCabs only to find out that they use the name but are not the same. I questioned Stephano, the owner of RomeCabs, about this because they were offering the same thing for 6 people for 20 Euro less. Stephano replied that indeed this was a different company and all of the regular competators have the same prices offered. This company (RomeCab Transfer) might not have up-to-date vehicles, professional drivers or proper insurance. When you contact RomeCabs make sure that their email is www.romecabs.com and not romecab@hotmail.com.

Good advice.

Archived