What is the Makeup of the Flavored Water on Oasis?

petesweet

Have not been on those ships but Freedom has the flavored waters too.

Zero calories........sweetened with Splenda Im pretty sure. Definitely not sugar or high fructose corn syrup sweetened.

I found certain flavors to be very good too :)

I declined the flavored waters because there was absolutely no nutritional information on them. As a diabetic I must be extremely careful and was not about to take a chance on something for which I couldn't read the ingredient listing.

Low calorie, reduced calorie, sweetened without sugar, diet, and other similarly-named drinks can all mean something different. I am going to stick to what I know. :)

Do all RCI ships have the flavored waters? Lemonade and Ice Tea get boring after a while...we will be on Explorer in 21 days and Brilliance in March. Thanks for the information! lauri

I think that all of the Windjammers have them. Some of the larger ships have them in other venues also.

I completely understand. If I have more than about 10 grams of sugar, it's a trip to the emergency room for me. A recent trip through Starbucks almost landed me there. They have a new drink... Hibiscus something. The barrista assured me no added sugar. I said that's great but is there any sugar already in the ingredients? Oh no, no, ma'am. Only flavored with Splenda. So I ordered a nice tall one and boy did it taste good. Too good. I decided to wait to drink more than a few sips until I could get to my office to check the sugar content. Sure enough. 22 grams. Fruit juice.

~ Sheryl

I declined the flavored waters because there was absolutely no nutritional information on them. As a diabetic I must be extremely careful and was not about to take a chance on something for which I couldn't read the ingredient listing.

Low calorie, reduced calorie, sweetened without sugar, diet, and other similarly-named drinks can all mean something different. I am going to stick to what I know. :)

Explorer had them too, in the Windjammer only. Tropical Mango and Strawberry Kiwi. Not every station had both flavors, so I had to walk around the WJ to find the flavor I preferred.

On Allure, in addition to the above two flavors, they also had Lemon-Lime.

I decided to wait to drink more than a few sips until I could get to my office to check the sugar content. Sure enough. 22 grams. Fruit juice.

Ooof. Yep, I hear you. So many people are keen on lots and lots of fresh fruit and fruit juices, but they are full of natural sugar (no added sugar, so I suppose technically the barista was right, but that didn't help you!).

Diabetics must watch their carbs and fruit and fruit juices are loaded with them. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread but it still comes back to me not consuming something labelled as sugar-free if I can't read an ingredient list.

Explorer had them too, in the Windjammer only. Tropical Mango and Strawberry Kiwi. Not every station had both flavors, so I had to walk around the WJ to find the flavor I preferred.

On Allure, in addition to the above two flavors, they also had Lemon-Lime.

Mmm tropical mango sounds so good!

Mmm tropical mango sounds so good!

That was my favorite. I brought my own large insultated glass, and every time I left the WJ, I poured two glasses of Tropical Mango and some ice into my glass - it lasted me several hours at the pool or wherever.

This is a description of Dasani flavored waters, but the ingredients sound familiar.............

Dasani flavored water contains natural flavors, citric acid, phosphoric acid, acesulfame potassium, aspartame and sucralose, all of which provide the beverage with its flavor, according to the manufacturer's website. The ingredient sodium citrate acts as a buffering agent and regulates tartness and acidity. The water also contains the preservatives potassium sorbate, potassium benzoate and calcium disodium EDTA, which the manufacturer says keep the beverage fresh and preserve its taste.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/350759-the-nutrition-of-dasani-flavored-water/#ixzz25StwI2rm

Is there a surcharge? If so, any idea how much?

There was no charge on the Oasis in the Solarium.

Thanks to everyone for this information. I did think there were no calories. Glad it is sweetened with Splenda. What I liked is that it is not TOO sweet. I don't like sweet drinks.

Good idea about filling a large glass with this to enjoy during the morning.

Kathy

I saw and read a nutritional label SOMEWHERE. Now, if only I could remember where............

What I do remember is that the ingredients are water and chemical flavorings and an artificial sweetener. Zero calories, zero nutrition.

I am certain that this is correct. It is a syrup based product, and definitely 0 calories. My partner works for Coca Cola. I can see if he can find anything else out.

• 4 months later...
I saw and read a nutritional label SOMEWHERE. Now, if only I could remember where............

What I do remember is that the ingredients are water and chemical flavorings and an artificial sweetener. Zero calories, zero nutrition.

Sounds about right from what I recall them tasting like - yuck :eek:

I am certain that this is correct. It is a syrup based product, and definitely 0 calories. My partner works for Coca Cola. I can see if he can find anything else out.

It is a syrup and comes in concentrate form. My husband asked to see the carton while on Enchantment to read the ingredients. He was afraid that it might be sweetened with Aspartame, which he is allergic to. However, the flavored waters served on the ships are sweetened with Splenda.

Tropical Mango is our favorite.

Archived