Summit Aqua Aft Cabins 1133/1130...

rainbowbeach

Midnight

:eek: :eek: :mad:

That's not good....not good at all! I would imagine it also sounds like a herd of elephants walking above you when the movie is finished.

I'm sorry you had to give up your aft cabin. This is a problem X could easily remedy.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me add one reality you need to know if you book a rear deck 11 cabins on the infinity....it's in my M-class cabin review for 1141 and I know it's true for 1138 as well as the other deck 11 cabins (rear facing or not), at least on that ship. In rough weather, the drawers of the nightstand and closet open and close (loudly) as the ship rocks...they don't have stops on them like most other cabins on the ship. No idea why they built them this way....but they slam open and closed as the ship rocks. I strongly suggest that you a roll of duct tape with you to tape them closed, if you hit rough weather....so you can sleep.

Additionally, on the infinity (perhaps the other m-class ships), there is no way to lock the balcony door in place if it's open....it slides open and closed as the ship rocks. Some of the doors can be held in place by turning the handle to the locked position..but many, including 1141 don't work that way. If you sit outside, there is no handle so there is no way to fasten the door open OR closed...so it will slide and slam depending on the rocking. The recommended solution for this is to take a bungee cord (24") and use it to hold the door open (you can also use the belt of your bathrobe. As far as I know, there is no way to hold the door closed if you are outside on the balcony....unless you are in calm seas where it will just hold in place from friction.

We love the cabins...just be prepared with bungee cord and duct tape.

Edited by ghstudio

When I booked our Constellation cruise there were no aft cabins available and so I booked 9038. Then 1141 came available and my TA started a 'conversation' with Celebrity about moving - which I could if I wanted to pay loads more and lose the 123Go benefits. It eventually got sorted out when the 123Go promo came back this week, but only 1140 was available. I moved but was a bit concerned about the flag.

Then I saw the info on movies- :eek:

Edited by soraya

Just back from my Summit cruise. We had cabin 1133. I could not hear any noise from the movies above and there were no smoke issues from the smokers below us. Had no problems with our drawers opening and could lock our balcony door from the inside. When we were on the balcony with rough seas the balcony door would slide open and close.

Loved this cabin,very quiet. And so nice to be just steps away from the sunset bar.

Laura

When I booked our Constellation cruise there were no aft cabins available and so I booked 9038. Then 1141 came available and my TA started a 'conversation' with Celebrity about moving - which I could if I wanted to pay loads more and lose the 123Go benefits. It eventually got sorted out when the 123Go promo came back this week, but only 1140 was available. I moved but was a bit concerned about the flag.

Then I saw the info on movies- :eek:

I changed cabins and there was no price difference and I did not lose my perks. :confused:

Just back from my Summit cruise. We had cabin 1133. I could not hear any noise from the movies above and there were no smoke issues from the smokers below us. Had no problems with our drawers opening and could lock our balcony door from the inside. When we were on the balcony with rough seas the balcony door would slide open and close.

Loved this cabin,very quiet. And so nice to be just steps away from the sunset bar.

Laura

Thanks for posting. I have been concerned about the movies.

Good to know that there wasn't too much disturbance from the movies.

midwestchick- My TA was a bit surprised with their response - it wasn't what he was expecting! It did get sorted eventually not sure if that's normal but it's my first Celebrity cruise and I've noticed that each time we've made a request the answer has been no initially and then OK eventually.

Was thinking of booking with them for Australia in 2017 but have decided to wait until our August cruise to decide just in case we aren't a good match:)

Good to know that there wasn't too much disturbance from the movies.

midwestchick- My TA was a bit surprised with their response - it wasn't what he was expecting! It did get sorted eventually not sure if that's normal but it's my first Celebrity cruise and I've noticed that each time we've made a request the answer has been no initially and then OK eventually.

Was thinking of booking with them for Australia in 2017 but have decided to wait until our August cruise to decide just in case we aren't a good match:)

Good luck on your cruise. I hope you find you like X.

We have 1138 booked for Alaska - May '16. We've had other aft / aft wrap cabins and love them - this will be our first time on deck 11. I've got my packing list with duct tape and bungee included. :D

We originally had a Celebrity suite booked but the price difference wasn't acceptable once we found out that our accommodations on the 6 night post cruise tour were in no way upgraded. We decided to switch then to an aft cabin and saw that the A1 cabins were cheaper than the Concierge 1. It was a no brainer. We grabbed 1138 -- 1140 was already booked but I wanted the angled balcony of 1138 for the sweeping views. :D The pictures in the beginning of this thread have convinced me that we made the right choice. :D:D

I love aft cabins - we had one for the Norwegian fjords and it was great to have such wonderful views.

Have been wanting to try Celebrity since the days of Michel Roux but the dates/intineraries never matched when we could go, so really looking forward to this Venice cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

1138 is a great cabin. We've been in 1141 just on the other side of 1140 and loved it so much we booked it again. For our next sailing we went through all the Bermuda sailings from May through August until we found that cabin available and grabbed it immediately. Also you will love Blu! I would have ideally traveled in June but nothing was available until August 14th. It's worth the wait!

Edited by colombiangirl

I agree 1138 is a great cabin. I didn't know about the outdoor movies. When did that start and where are they shown?

Deck 12' but someone who was in an aft cabin just recently posted they didn't hear anything from the MUTS. They're shown on Wednesday and Thursday nights on the Bermuda cruises...not sure about other destinations. Maybe someone will chime in.

• 1 year later...

I just upgraded from a C3 to A1 in 1133. We've never had an aft balcony and are really looking forward to it with some trepidation. My husband can get queasy but I'm hoping that a seaband, Bonine, and calm Southern Caribbean seas should prevent any issues. We sail on Summit 11/19/2016 and will post a review of this cabin post-cruise.

I just upgraded from a C3 to A1 in 1133. We've never had an aft balcony and are really looking forward to it with some trepidation. My husband can get queasy but I'm hoping that a seaband, Bonine, and calm Southern Caribbean seas should prevent any issues. We sail on Summit 11/19/2016 and will post a review of this cabin post-cruise.

We have had 1133 & 1140 on the Summit, 1125 (left side) on the Infinity.

CaptDave

Love itb8008477a5dd865ec7e046886a702b9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 1130 on the Summit and loved it. There's plenty of shade and people from below have to really look hard to see you on your balcony. There is a canopy that hangs over most of the bar so it's not like someone can be right below you and see you easily. It's my understanding that there's now no smoking allowed at the Oceanview Bar on some ships but I don't know if it's fleet-wide. If that's the case, I might be more inclined to take 1133 as I think they've added a stairway up to Deck 12 to the movies on the side by 1130.

We had 1130 on the Summit and loved it. There's plenty of shade and people from below have to really look hard to see you on your balcony. There is a canopy that hangs over most of the bar so it's not like someone can be right below you and see you easily. It's my understanding that there's now no smoking allowed at the Oceanview Bar on some ships but I don't know if it's fleet-wide. If that's the case, I might be more inclined to take 1133 as I think they've added a stairway up to Deck 12 to the movies on the side by 1130.

Just got off Summit.. smoking has been eliminated at sunset bar and that stairway (actually 2 one port & one starboard) has been there since the Aqua refit 4 years ago

Sorry (misunderstood) those are stairs from 10 to 11

There is a new staircase to 12 is on the port side forward of the Aqua cabins) and the one on starboard is aft nearby 1133

Edited by avid

We were on the Summit in August this year to Bermuda. We were in 1138, third cabin over from you. We had two lounges, one regular chair and foot rest with a table.

Pina%20Colada%20enjoying%20the%20view_zpsiu9decq8.jpg

That's our view. The pigeon is named Pina Colada by the bar staff below. He/she stayed a lot on our deck. I called it a he, my DW called it a she. He had been on the Summit for 3 months after getting on in Bermuda. Don't know if he's still on board.

You'll have a great view and an almost private elevator aft. On deck 10 it's hidden in the middle of the starboard side buffet.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

You'll have a great view and an almost private elevator aft. On deck 10 it's hidden in the middle of the starboard side buffet.

And that elevator goes straight down to Blu!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been in 1141 twice, two years ago and this past August 14th. Those are amazing cabins!! You will love it.

We got a kick out of Piña Colada all week as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Did you get your pina coladas with one of these?f186554d502824e2df5545a7209780db.jpg