Hurricane Leslie

The rougher the seas the less the time I wait for a drink... All joking aside for those prone to motion sickness I hope it isn't too rough.

Michael I am with you on the drinks! Looking forward to them:p

For weather in Nova Scotia check here. Look to some of the links on the left where you can click for Satellite photos: http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/ns-19_metric_e.html

We will be watching Leslie but it is too soon to tell.

Maryann thank you and stay safe!

It's now official TS Leslie is now a hurricane. Any locals have any updated forecasts?

Anyone else following along?

We are scheduled to port in Halifax on the 10th and Saint John on the 11th.

We're also scheduled to be in Halifax on the 10th and have been following the storm. If the storm takes the direction they predict it could hit Nova Scotia on Monday. Maybe the cruiselines will have to change the itineraries if that happens. In any case, I think we may have some rough seas on this trip.

I was just checking. Leslie is barely moving and has not made up his/her mind when and where to go. The current best guess is it will miss Nova Scotia and be more towards Newfoundland, but it is too soon to know.

Thanks again Maryann, hopefully Leslie misses you! Us too ;)

We're also cruising up to Nova Scotia and Saint John, leaving tomorrow. Looking at Leslie's track, if they did decide to divert, where would they go? Can't go south to Bermuda, since you'd be sailing right into the path. I've been on a few Caribbean cruises where itineraries had to change due to storms, but there you seem to have more latitude.

I wondered the same thing, where would they send us to?

I have friends sailing to Bermuda Sunday and NCL has already contacted them saying they are still going? We have not heard a word.

We have four ports .... I know we can't control the weather but we have our hearts set on being back in Halifax and Saint John. We just sailed there in July and of my 15 cruises to date I enjoyed these ports the most. The people who live there are by far the kindest folks we have come across on our cruise journeys.

I wish you safe and happy sailing!

I can only relate our experience two years ago when we were booked on a Labor Day weekend 4-day cruise from NYC to Saint John - and Hurricane Earl was forecast to hit the Bay of Fundy about the same time we would be there. When we boarded, Carnival handed out a leaflet stating that they were monitoring the storm but no itinerary changes were planned. The next day, the captain announced that they were sailing faster than usual to reach Saint John early, then stay in port four hours later until after the storm passed. When we arrived in Saint John they stationed two tugboats to our port side - I assume in case the weather was such that the ship was in danger of parting the lines and drifting away from the pier. The weather was lousy in port and all of the shore excursions were canceled; however, at no time was the ship in any danger.

I wondered the same thing, where would they send us to?

I have friends sailing to Bermuda Sunday and NCL has already contacted them saying they are still going? We have not heard a word.

We have four ports .... I know we can't control the weather but we have our hearts set on being back in Halifax and Saint John. We just sailed there in July and of my 15 cruises to date I enjoyed these ports the most. The people who live there are by far the kindest folks we have come across on our cruise journeys.

I wish you safe and happy sailing!

So glad you enjoyed your trip to the Maritimes so much that you are coming back, and by the latest forecast you should be okay but that said it is still early days. The Farmers Almanac is not forecasting possibley damaging winds until later in the month !!! lol

Let's hope nothing changes so you enjoy your trip here twice as much this time.

So glad you enjoyed your trip to the Maritimes so much that you are coming back, and by the latest forecast you should be okay but that said it is still early days. The Farmers Almanac is not forecasting possibley damaging winds until later in the month !!! lol

Let's hope nothing changes so you enjoy your trip here twice as much this time.

Thank you so very much! We will enjoy rain or shine as it is for sure the wonderful people who made our trip very special. We are taking a friend back with us this time as he will love love love it!

Thanks again and stay safe and dry :)

Archived