Do people tend to dress down with PC dining?

vicdreyer

Hi,

My coworker is cruising Princess to Mexico in October. She opted for PC dining because (she says) she doesn't like to get 'dressed up' for dining..and on Formal Nights, she says she can just wear a nice dress.

Do people tend to dress down a little with the Personal Choice dining as opposed to Traditional dining? I just booked my first cruise with Princess and was curious.

Vic

Perhaps on some ships this could be true however on the Princess cruises I've been on, when we opted for PC dining, we found everyone dressed just as they would if they had traditional dining. Maybe it was just the ships we were on, but that was what we observed .. we've been on 20+ Princess cruises but havent been on every ship, so maybe some ships are different.

.. we've been on 20+ Princess cruises but havent been on every ship, so maybe some ships are different.

FreQuentKruser.... being on 20+ Princess cruises, in your observation, how many folks wore tuxes vs nice suits on Formal Nights?

On Carnival Paradise, it seemd about 30% wore tuxes

On Royal Caribbean EOS, about 40%

On Celebrity Horizon, about 75% wore tuxes.

Vic

FreQuentKruser.... being on 20+ Princess cruises, in your observation, how many folks wore tuxes vs nice suits on Formal Nights?

On Carnival Paradise, it seemd about 30% wore tuxes

On Royal Caribbean EOS, about 40%

On Celebrity Horizon, about 75% wore tuxes.

Vic

I would say about 30%, on some cruises even less than that. Some years ago those numbers would have been higher, but in recent years I've seen fewer in a tux and more in a dark suit. However the women still get dressed up just as always, albeit now I see more short formal dresses, although many still wear long gowns. I use to always wear long gowns but I also switched to mostly shorter formal dresses about 5 years ago.

As the others have said, there isn't any difference in dress code for PC (Anytime) dining from Traditional dining. The PC or Anytime means you can eat at any time you want (in theory) rather than at set seating times.

If your friend doesn't want to get dressed up, they can go to the buffet for dinner. On most, but not all, Princess ships, this is the Horizon Court. The buffet offers essentially the same food as the dining room. She can also order from room service.

We did not find the formal nights to be any less formal for PC dining. I think a nice dress would work but we didn't see casual dress anywhere on the ship during formal nights. We did see some on other nights but felt it looked very much out of place. The buffet or pizzeria would be an option if they want to dress more casual. Jeans or shorts are still not a good option for dinner attire any evening.

Hi,

My coworker is cruising Princess to Mexico in October. She opted for PC dining because (she says) she doesn't like to get 'dressed up' for dining..and on Formal Nights, she says she can just wear a nice dress.

Do people tend to dress down a little with the Personal Choice dining as opposed to Traditional dining? I just booked my first cruise with Princess and was curious.

Personal Choice or Traditional Dining carry the same dress code.

If you do not wish to dress for dinner you could always dine in Horizon Court.

We've only had PC once out of our four Princess cruises. We still wore tuxedos on formal nights. I have noticed that the percentage of tuxedo wearers is higher at the past passenger party than in the general passenger population.

Archived