Is it really THAT bad

KPfromCT

The OP took what was said in a small handful of reviews and started a whole thread on here worrying about whether she should cancel her cruise over "all the bad reviews" the Breeze got (there were about 4 out of 50 - the overwhelming majority were very good reviews). To me that is very silly. As is going on a cruise on a large ship with thousands of people .. and being flipped out about standing in lines for things.

BTW .. what's "smh" mean ?

Just what I was thinking! I guess sometimes people just don't think these things out. You're on a ship with a limited amount of space and 2,000+ people trying to do the same thing at the same time. I would be very, very surprised if I didn't have to wait in line for something.

The OP took what was said in a small handful of reviews and started a whole thread on here worrying about whether she should cancel her cruise over "all the bad reviews" the Breeze got (there were about 4 out of 50 - the overwhelming majority were very good reviews). To me that is very silly. As is going on a cruise on a large ship with thousands of people .. and being flipped out about standing in lines for things.

No, I am NOT flipping out about waiting in lines for ANYTHING!!!!! I'm just saying I don't think the reviews are FABULOUS and maybe she needs a year or so to iron out the wrinkles. Going on the Magic, where it's all been figured out. I'll check back with the Breeze next year and hope they fix the issues. Your family must be so proud of your "sparkling" personality.:rolleyes:

Sadly, you live about 20 minutes away from me. Hope I never end up on a cruise with you. Apparently you know it ALL, and I know NOTHING. Hate your type!!!! Happy Cruising!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

No, I am NOT flipping out about waiting in lines for ANYTHING!!!!! I'm just saying I don't think the reviews are FABULOUS and maybe she needs a year or so to iron out the wrinkles. Going on the Magic, where it's all been figured out. I'll check back with the Breeze next year and hope they fix the issues. Your family must be so proud of your "sparkling" personality.:rolleyes:

what issues? I have not heard of any issues on Breeze to iron out and it is a replica pretty much of Magic.

Other than standing in line, you still have not told us what you are worried about, so as above.. how can we answer you and put your mind to rest?

again.. what issues are you concerned about .. or think need to be ironed out.

Dream was the first of this series.. the issues got ironed out with her.

Then I wonder why you started this thread if you had already answered your own question and made your mind up to switch?

(And secretly, i hope the first thing that happens is you get on the Magic and you have 1700 people ahead of you for a plate at the buffet! :p )

Sadly, you live about 20 minutes away from me. Hope I never end up on a cruise with you. Apparently you know it ALL, and I know NOTHING. Hate your type!!!! Happy Cruising!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kudos to you for admitting it!

P.S. Were you the one kvetching at the Shop Rite the other day about the wait at the deli counter ?

My husband and I sailed on the Breeze in June and it was the nicest ship we have ever been on. We liked it so much we are sailing on her again in February. We were suprised that there were not a lot of lines. Of course, around 7:00 to 8:00pm there was a line for anytime dining just like any other ship. The dirty carpet issue was just in certain stairwells...the carpet was a soft yellow-gold color...not the best choice for the stairwell leading to deck 0 where everybody needs to walk to get to shore. We have sailed many lines and this ship was definately the most beautiful.

Sailed last year 12-26 till 1-1-12, in the midst of so many bad reviews of thhe almost brand new "MAGIC". I was starting to worry when good advice said not to worry and make the best of a potentially great vacation. I listened an proceeded to enjoy a wonderful cruise. It is a brand new ship, with a wonderful crew, filled with pride and spirit, ready to make cruising on the "Breeze" the best it can be if you let it happen. Good luck!

It is a brand new ship, with a wonderful crew, filled with pride and spirit, ready to make cruising on the "Breeze" the best it can be if you let it happen.

I really like the "if you let it happen" part.

I can't stand it when people say "it is what it is" -

It really should be "it is what you make it to be."

I remember reading a lot of negative reviews of the Dream before i decided to sail on it anyways. It's the biggest Carnival ship i've ever sailed, and you know what, i didn't see any difference at all in the line-ups vs a smaller ship. I think some people complain a lot or maybe they always go in lines during peak hours. For example, i never go to lunch right at noon, and the lines were ok. As you can see from my signature, i'm booked on the Breeze for March, so those remarks doesn't stress me out the least bit.

I agree with this poster. I read the same bad reviews about the Dream, but we went and had a fantastic time. I cant wait to get on the Breeze!

Haven't read all the post, but no way I would ever....and I mean ever depend on CC reviews,threads or whatever ... be it good, bad or ugly influence which ship or cruise line I cruise on!:eek:

Do people really allow CC to influence their decisions???

I don't think the poster really cares if you think they are silly, no one wants to read bullying on these boards and frankly that's the seond rude comment you've put on this string.. Apparently you don't understand the concept of these boards. If someone has a question they are allowed to ask it, and if you have information that is useful to the poster, you can respond. Telling someone they are silly, and being rude is not hel;pful, so why would you even bother responding??

:eek:Was just reading all of the recent reviews of the Breeze, and now I'm not so sure this will be the right cruise for us. She is only a few months old, and the reviews are awful, ie; stained carpets, lines EVERYWHERE, for EVERYTHING, broken ice cream machines, LINES EVERYWHERE. Do you think it's just because she is so new and they need work all of the kinks out? The largest Carnival ship we have been on is the Pride, and we had no issues with lines, etc. I really wanted to book the Breeze for April, but am now a little nervous. The Magic is my second choice and she seems to get AWESOME reviews. Cannot wait until the Breeze comes to the US and get some other opinions. What do you think?:confused::confused:

Just remember how human nature works. If it's horrible, bad, terrible or upsetting, 99% of the population will share about it in some form. Yet when something is amazing, awesome, spectacular or fantastic, only a handful will share about it.

Folks just LOVE the negative nancy crap. They love to hear about another persons misery. Just watch the nightly news: 90% doom and gloom stories and 10% happy stories.

I bet, with your attitude, you will have an awesome time and hopefully will share about it when you get back! Besides, even a "bad" cruise is better than being at work :D.

Happy Sailing!

Gina

Besides, even a "bad" cruise is better than being at work :D.

I think that really depends on how bad the cruise is and where you work.

I'm guessing some Concordia, Dawn, and Spendor (to name just a few) pax would have rather been at the office.

Also think most jobs are more pleasant than getting infected on a Noro cruise.

Just sayin'! :)

I think that really depends on how bad the cruise is and where you work.

I'm guessing some Concordia, Dawn, and Spendor (to name just a few) pax would have rather been at the office.

Also think most jobs are more pleasant than getting infected on a Noro cruise.

Just sayin'! :)

Yep, you belong in the pessimist Debby Downer group.

I have had the Noro on a cruise. Still better than being at work...only effects 48 hrs of your life. Trip insurance paid me for trip interruption so I came out ahead ;).

Splendor folks got lots of extra free sea days.

Concordia should never be put in the same category as a bad review based on long lines written by a bunch of whiners. This was a horrible tragedy that should NOT be made light of...ever. It was an isolated incident due to poor human judgement that caused great harm and fortunately is the only tragedy of it's type since the Titanic.

So, to confirm, waiting in a line on a brand new cruise ship is going to beat ANY day at ANY job hands down.

Happy Sailing.

We sailed on the Breeze's second cruise in June. It is the most amazing ship and we had a wonderful time. The layout of the ship makes it very easy to navigate. Deck 5 with it's Lanai and hot tubs is a great place to spend a sea day. There were so many food venues other than the MDR that we felt that there was always something new to try. Our cruise only had three sea days so it was hard to fit everything in. We didn't encounter long lines in the Marketplace except before the tours in the early morning. I will admit that the pools were too small for the number of passengers but there were plenty of hot tubs. We never had any trouble getting a deck chair.

the only tragedy of it's type since the Titanic.

S.S. Eastland - 800 deaths

Andrea Doria - 52 deaths

MS Estonia - 852 deaths

Concorida - 15 deaths

Not making light of the Concorida, but you are pretty naive

to think ANY cruise beats ANY job.. either that or you have

had some pretty sucky jobs.

You're going to have to learn to use the 'ignore' feature on here. It helps...trust me ;)

Don't worry too much...I am sure you will have a good time and I doubt that you will feel like you wasted the money you spent when you sail The Breeze. I know it's stressful to see bad reviews, but the honest truth is you are the only one who can judge the ship for you.....

I read through some of the lower rated reviews and some of the comments lead me to believe those people did not know what the hell they were talking about, so to me, those reviews should be ignored.

One woman wrote that the ship was sailing at 1600 OVER capacity...now, I may be wrong but I think law would dictate that can't be done.

One guy wrote about being charged for things at every turn, making note that you should take out a mortgage if you want to use the internet on board....well, yeah....as you would with any other line or ship....

All the newer cruise ships are more crowded. There is truth to that complaint. I think being mentally prepared for that makes it far easier to deal with....but I don't think it will be bad enough that it will wreck your cruise.

Relax, enjoy the anticipation and don't read any more reviews.

:) I wish you blue skies and calm seas.

Archived