Galveston Pleasure Pier

mnh

I am cruising the NYE cruise on Mariner with my 13 (almost 14) year old gd and one of her friends.

Normally we spend the night before the cruise at Moody Gardens.....I am getting a little bit tired of the same old same old.

I have not been to Galveston since the Pleasure Pier was built, so I thought it might be fun to stay on the Seawall.

Any suggestions for hotels with cruise parking that would be in walking distance to the Pleasure Pier?

The Pleasure pier is at 25th & Seawall.

Anything within 10-15 blocks either side is walkable.

The Galvez, Sheraton Four Points, Country Inn & Suites, The Commodore, Gaidos, etc.

Addresses from 1000 block to 4000 block of Seawall, though there isn't much within walking distance going west past 37th st. until you get down near 51st St.

I am cruising the NYE cruise on Mariner with my 13 (almost 14) year old gd and one of her friends.

Normally we spend the night before the cruise at Moody Gardens.....I am getting a little bit tired of the same old same old.

I have not been to Galveston since the Pleasure Pier was built, so I thought it might be fun to stay on the Seawall.

Any suggestions for hotels with cruise parking that would be in walking distance to the Pleasure Pier?

Galvez (old historic hotel)

Sheraton Four Points

Country Inn

Holiday Inn Sunspree

other nice ones (not walking distance) are:

Tremont

Harbor House

San Luis

Holiday Inn Resort

Hilton

• 2 months later...

We were just there last week at the Sheraton before our cruise over Thanksgiving. Almost a block from Pleasure Pier. Had a great time at the pier with our 12 year old. Lines weren't long this time of year.

Can you just walk around the pier or do you have to pay a fee to enter?

Click here http://www.pleasurepier.com/index.html for their site. In Ticket Info, you will find the following information:

Pier Pass (Walk-On)

You will need a Pier Pass in order to gain admittance to the Pleasure Pier. The Pier Pass only allows you to enjoy the Pier, but NOT to experience the rides. If you're on the Pier and decide to join in on the fun, you can upgrade to an "All Day Ride Pass" by paying the remaining difference ($16.99 48" and up and $11.99 under 48") – or you can buy individual ride tickets inside at our ticket windows. If you are purchasing an All Day Ride Pass wristband, this pass is not necessary.

$10 (48" and up)

$8 (under 48")

$7 Senior Citizens (must show valid I.D.)

Kat 50.gif

Archived