Please help me convince my cruise buddies to go to the port early!!!

Please help me!!! I'm I'm Miami tonight and am trying to convince my cruise buddies to go to the port early tomorrow

They read somewhere that we can't get on until 1:30but I want to be at the port by 10:30 or 11 at the latest! What time can we get on the ship does anyone know????? Please help me get this cruise started early

:). Thank you!!!!

Please help me!!! I'm I'm Miami tonight and am trying to convince my cruise buddies to go to the port early tomorrow

They read somewhere that we can't get on until 1:30but I want to be at the port by 10:30 or 11 at the latest! What time can we get on the ship does anyone know????? Please help me get this cruise started early

Tell them it's the first day of their cruise, they are paying for it, so they should maximize it. The ship normally starts boarding by 11:30am, so if you walk into the terminal at 11am, you should be fine.

Tell them I said to go early. :D:D:D Unless there are problems with customs or the ship is doing a deep clean, the ships are ready for boarding between 11:00 and 11:30. Get to the port about 10:45, check-in and you should only have a brief wait before boarding.

Have Fun :D

You are 100% correct and your cruise starts as soon as you are on board!!! We always get to the port early and take advantage of it. You should be on board by 11:30 with no problem. Bon Voyage.

Yes..for all the reasons above.

1. Get there between 10:30 and 11:00 and you'll be among the first to board

2. You can have a light breakfast and have a BIG lunch onboard, all included in your fare.

3. You'll actually find a table in WJ if you board early..

4. You can tour the boat, have a welcome cocktail all while watching others stand in line to get onboard.

5. You can swim, check on dining reservations, and all those things without a line!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I have not sailed in years but I've been taking in all the posts including embarkation day getting ready. Absolutely go early they all say! Many have been onboard within an hour of getting to the pier. Yep, you can get lunch, have time to explore the ship, have a drink etc. :cool:

Get some rest. Have a blast tomorrow!

~Bob~

My advice would be for you to go when you want and start enjoying your cruise before the buffet and pools get too crowded.

There's no talking sense into to the unreasonable. So just go and enjoy your time. You can tell them what a nice time you had when they finally arrive.

My advice would be for you to go when you want and start enjoying your cruise before the buffet and pools get too crowded.

There's no talking sense into to the unreasonable. So just go and enjoy your time. You can tell them what a nice time you had when they finally arrive.

I SO agree with this advice!

Cherie, you go over at 10:45 and tell them that they will find you relaxing by the pool with an umbrella drink when they finally board.

And yes, you can board without your cabinmate(s). If you have your own Set Sail Pass, credit card and passport/acceptable I.D., you are good to go.

Bon Voyage!

Good answer! Your cruise buddies will be in awe of you when they get on late in the day to find you already relaxing by the pool with a cold beverage and a full tummy after having already gone to your cabin and unpacked. They'll be saying to themselves "why didn't we get on early too?" :)

Sorry I'm with the friends! Check out at 11 have a real cool lunch dont have to eat the buffet yet,drag bags arround,etc.

Check in after lunch, go drop off your stuff,cruise on! Trust me why rush to eat in the windjammer????? Anyone? Besides its free????

Your in Miami why sit on a ship yet and eat buffet food? Plenty of time to eat in the RCL cafeteria.

Sorry I'm with the friends! Check out at 11 have a real cool lunch dont have to eat the buffet yet,drag bags arround,etc.

Check in after lunch, go drop off your stuff,cruise on! Trust me why rush to eat in the windjammer????? Anyone? Besides its free????

Your in Miami why sit on a ship yet and eat buffet food? Plenty of time to eat in the RCL cafeteria.

It's not free. You have paid for it in your cruise fare.

If YOU don't like the food, don't cruise on Royal Caribbean. These people have chosen this cruise, and apparently are looking forward to it.

Good answer! Your cruise buddies will be in awe of you when they get on late in the day to find you already relaxing by the pool with a cold beverage and a full tummy after having already gone to your cabin and unpacked. They'll be saying to themselves "why didn't we get on early too?" :)

Well, you can eat and have that drink but you won't have access to the cabin until 1:30.

Take a cab to the Port early; check-in; get a drink and take a photograph of yourself at the pool with your drink and food - txt or Facebook photo your friends laughing!!!!!

Lady_G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant!

A couple of years ago I got to port really early to be amongst the first to board.... I was a surprise guest on my DD birthday cruise. The stewards allowed me to hide out in my cabin before the traditional time; I was in a PR and could spy on the promenade.

Boarding time can be a touch variable due to unforeseen constraints but getting on board as early as possible is all part of the fun as far as I am concerned. I would rather be twiddling my thumbs at port check in than twiddling my thumbs at hotel check out.

Tell them it's the first day of their cruise, they are paying for it, so they should maximize it. The ship normally starts boarding by 11:30am, so if you walk into the terminal at 11am, you should be fine.

And its Majesty there are getting on so its either a 3 or 4 day cruise, so maximizing it is even more important. OP, if your awake and reading this, wake them up with water from the hotel ice bucket! Get moving!

I totally agree with this. You don't have to stay together during every second of the vacation. If you want to go early and they don't go ahead and board the ship on your own. You'll see them when they board later that day. No sense in you being upset because you think your time would be better spent onboard, and no sense in dragging them onto the ship if they don't want to go that early. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Another vote for boarding early. Why sit around a hotel waiting to check out, because what else are you going to do in that extra 2 hours? Run a marathon? As it is we sit around watching the clock waiting to leave to go to the port. :eek:

If your cruising buddies won’t go early let them lose out..you have done your best.

We have always gone early. One time we were done eating and packed and it was 0930 and the hotel shuttle driver asked us if we wanted to go then. We said why not and we were the first in the terminal. It was better than sitting in the hotel room watching TV.

Have a great cruise!!!

My advice is to drop the "group mentality".

If you want to go early do it. If you want to go on a snorkelling excursion, book it.

Do not let the group decide for you what you are going to do.

BTW, eat a large breakfast, and skip the WJ.

Archived