Would you switch from CS to RS on Summit?

andreakul

I always wish I had upgraded. This year I finally did something about it and upgraded to a Vista Suite on the Grand Princess at the last minute. It was wonderful to lose that remorseful feeling I always had about not buying enough room.

I solved the problem for my 2014 cruise by booking the Penthouse. :)

But the overall difference in space from a CS to a RS on the M class ships is really not that much, the bigger difference being in the bathroom, living room in CS is actually bigger than a RS. Not worth it to me.

That bathroom turned out to be a big deal for my husband, who is disabled, and me (I'm short). Celebrity even built wooden steps to help my husband get into the tub but it's too deep and he had a terrible time and so did I, helping him. I love the RS. The separate shower plus the tub works out the best for us.

But the overall difference in space from a CS to a RS on the M class ships is really not that much, the bigger difference being in the bathroom, living room in CS is actually bigger than a RS. Not worth it to me.

I disagree. The living room in a M-class RS is considerably large than the CS. If the actual measurements of the CS living room is larger, it would be because it included the entanceway which, although nice, is not really a usual area. The CS sitting area may seem larger because it only has one sofa. The two in the RS are also a nice extra. I, however, would say that, for all pratical purposes, there is little difference between the size of the bedrooms.

Sue

That bathroom turned out to be a big deal for my husband, who is disabled, and me (I'm short). Celebrity even built wooden steps to help my husband get into the tub but it's too deep and he had a terrible time and so did I, helping him. I love the RS. The separate shower plus the tub works out the best for us.

I can understand that if you are short or disabled the tub could be a problem My husband is over 6 feet a took whirlpool baths daily I am 5'4" and had no problem stepping in and out for a shower.

If the tub isn't a problem, the suite is wonderful.

I disagree. The living room in a M-class RS is considerably large than the CS. If the actual measurements of the CS living room is larger, it would be because it included the entanceway which, although nice, is not really a usual area. The CS sitting area may seem larger because it only has one sofa. The two in the RS are also a nice extra. I, however, would say that, for all pratical purposes, there is little difference between the size of the bedrooms.

Sue

Well I never actually measured but the living room just seemed roomier to me, the pictures I have of both also sure give that illusion. Perhaps its the layout of the room, and in the RS the dining area takes up more space. For me, with the additon of the balcony I'd opt for the CS on the the "M" class ship over the RS everytime unless the price was basically the same. I see the problem with the difficulty getting into the bathtub in the CS as the biggest reason one may not want it, it WOULD be a problem for people with mobility issues, thankfully we don't have that, yet anyway. :)

Archived