Would you switch from CS to RS on Summit?

andreakul

I've never been lucky enough to afford either, but if you let people know the amount of the price difference you might get better input on whether people would feel it was worth it. Ultimately what is worth it to one is not to another, but I'm sure you're just asking for opinions on what makes the RS more special. I'm jealous - wish I had these decisions to make:D:D

A RS just came open on our November Summit sailing. Currently in a CS. Is it worth the extra money to upgrade to the RS? Would appreciate any input!

Specific staterooms CS 6104 would move to RS 6137.

Thanks,

Andrea

It would depend on the price. For a small amount, maybe. You're already in a very nice suite.

We sailed the Summit on the re-positioning cruise in April and were luckily upgraded to RS 6134. Really a nice room and if I had the choice, I would book the RS in a heartbeat. Granted the CS is a good room but the layout and extra space sets off the benefit of the RS. For us, it would be tough not to go back to the RS.

CS= Celebrity Suite

RS= Royal Suite

We have had both. The Royal Suite wins. Reason is that in the CS the bathroom tub is really dangerous (for us short people) to get into.

The bathroom in the Royal Suite is wonderful, as well as the balcony.

It would have to be for a great price because now the CS have balconies which was it's only drawback before. If the price was more than a couple hundred $$ I would stay in the CS. We were in 6106 a few years back and loved all the space, I think the living room is actually bigger than the one in the RS. It's a great suite.

Thanks everyone for your input- Sorry I didn't post previously but the price difference is $500 per person, or $1,000 more for the RS.

Does this change anyone's opinion??

Thanks for the help!

Andrea

Wouldn't for me....the CS is a wonderful room, the only thing you won't have is the jacuzzi on the balcony which is nice but don't know how many actually use it....and it sure isn't worth $1000 .... and neither is a 2nd bottle of booze....

CS= Celebrity Suite

RS= Royal Suite

We have had both. The Royal Suite wins. Reason is that in the CS the bathroom tub is really dangerous (for us short people) to get into.

The bathroom in the Royal Suite is wonderful, as well as the balcony.

It seems such a minor thing to criticise, but we had a CS on our last cruise and loved the room itself, but the high-sided bath is the reason we would not book one again. There is no separate shower, it is over the bath, so there is no way to avoid the ungainly struggle to get into and out of the bath. Luckily we saw the funny side of it, but as Gracecarmo has pointed out, is actually quite dangerous for those of us who are vertically challenged!:eek:

We think the CS suites are great now that they have added the balconies. For only two people, there is no need for any additional space.

The biggest advantage of the RS to me is the bedroom because the CS bedroom has no windows. So anyone who is at all claustrophobic would need to leave the CS bedroom door open. With the door closed, the CS bedroom is like an inside cabin.

The high bathtub, although not the most convenient, should be manageable for an able-bodied person with normal dexterity.

I would not pay $1,000 more for the RS either.

Having been in both RS and CS twice [and seen the CS since they added the balcony], I would probably go for the RS for US$1,000 if I could afford it. We used to be completely sold on the CS and was pleasantly surprised about how the balcony improved, rather than spoilt, the CS but the RS still wins hands down!

There are still some things in favour of the CS: It is so much lighter, the view from the windows is still wonderful, it is really nice to have a completely dark bedroom and the vanity is in the walk-in wardrobe area which makes getting dressed so much easier.

But: the RS is considerably larger, you do not need to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, the bathroom is so much nicer than the CS and has a separate shower cubicle, the balcony is much more usable [the forward facing CS balconies are affected by the wind and is much smaller with no roomer for loungers] and the hot tub is great.

If you have never been in either suite, you will love the CS but, once you have tried the RS, you will probably prefer the latter. If the additional cost will restrict your future cruising, stick with the CS.

Sue

I would be happy if I could just book a SS:eek:....to just say...."splurge

and go for it"...but I just can't pull the trigger:o.....as for those other

2 choices.....those will never happpen.

A RS just came open on our November Summit sailing. Currently in a CS. Is it worth the extra money to upgrade to the RS? Would appreciate any input!

Specific staterooms CS 6104 would move to RS 6137.

Thanks,

Andrea

We recently stayed in CS 6104 and loved it. It was truly a beautiful suite. Our butler Elvis was great The location was perfect. I would highly recommend it! Plenty of room. Great bathroom also. Save your money for shopping and Martini's.

I always wish I had upgraded. This year I finally did something about it and upgraded to a Vista Suite on the Grand Princess at the last minute. It was wonderful to lose that remorseful feeling I always had about not buying enough room.

I solved the problem for my 2014 cruise by booking the Penthouse. :)

I always wish I had upgraded. This year I finally did something about it and upgraded to a Vista Suite on the Grand Princess at the last minute. It was wonderful to lose that remorseful feeling I always had about not buying enough room.

I solved the problem for my 2014 cruise by booking the Penthouse. :)

Awwww....bet I could fit in the closet and you would never know:D;):)

THE PH? Congratulations.:)

Archived