How to Contact Mr. Heald

NCTribeFan

OK, so I'm not his biggest fan. But the venom directed toward him by some of the people here is just childish, imho.

Anyway, I don't regularly read his blog. I'm not a Facebook friend.

I sent him a question once via the blog link "ask John" that you're supposed to use if it isn't specially related to a blog post. I received an automated response that it was received but never got an actual response.

I have some specific questions regarding my upcoming B2B. Is there any way to actually reach the man? I've seen posts here where people have asked questions and they've pasted actual responses. How was that accomplished?

If I post on his FB page, is that going to be visible to the entire universe? I don't want that since my questions could then be seen by people who could be affected by the response.

Thanks for any help! :D

Go to the Carnival site, scroll to the bottom and click on John's Blog. Once there, go to the red-bar at the top and click on "Ask John". When you fill in the information and the subject line comes up, you can click on private message and it will not be published on his Blog.

I hope this helps.

:)

Go to the Carnival site, scroll to the bottom and click on John's Blog. Once there, go to the red-bar at the top and click on "Ask John". When you fill in the information and the subject line comes up, you can click on private message and it will not be published on his Blog.

I hope this helps.

:)

does he actually answer all the time ..

I thought you had to post it in public and say "please answer" or he might or might not answer.

Pretty much, posting on his Facebook page opens your question to his fanbase, and if it's not worded right, pleased and thank you'd properly, or is in any way disparaging to anything Carnival, you will be severely attacked and ridiculed by that crowd, especially the 10 to 20 people that have taken over that page.

DO your ASK JOHN thing again. He has two people assisting with that feature these days, and your inquiry will remain anonymous.

OK, so I'm not his biggest fan. But the venom directed toward him by some of the people here is just childish, imho.

I sent him a question once via the blog link "ask John" that you're supposed to use if it isn't specially related to a blog post. I received an automated response that it was received but never got an actual response.

I have some specific questions regarding my upcoming B2B. Is there any way to actually reach the man? I've seen posts here where people have asked questions and they've pasted actual responses. How was that accomplished?

If I post on his FB page, is that going to be visible to the entire universe? I don't want that since my questions could then be seen by people who could be affected by the response.

Unfortunately, Ask John is the only official way to send something privately.

(simply due to the fact that his email box would explode if his private email address is used by everyone)

And yes, it can take a long time, because he currently has some 500 questions waiting to be answered.

I would suggest that you email Mischelle at cclsupport@carnival.com

Not only is she quicker...but she will probably have a more correct answer (since she is in Corporate and may be more aware of new changes etc)

DO your ASK JOHN thing again. He has two people assisting with that feature these days, and your inquiry will remain anonymous.

So if you wanted John himself to answer, this doesnt exactly work.. it just means someone will answer, but probably not John right?

I dont know if OP wants John in particular, or just anyone at Carnival to answer.

Because what I want to ask isn't something Cruise Critic members can answer.

I have a couple of specific questions. It would be nice for John to answer himself, but what I really want is just to ask a couple of questions. They are specific to me and my cruise and those sailing with me on Leg 2.

I'll try the Ask John link again and request that someone/anyone reply. DD's wedding is in 5 weeks and I leave the next day for Charleston and board the day after that. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the help!!

I emailed John something private back in July and still haven't heard back anything yet. I think if it's time sensitive FB is the way to go. You could always block the people who you don't want seeing, the answer of your question until he answers, then delete the post, then unblock them. Then they would never know what you ask him on FB.

I would friend him on facebook and ask him on his facebook page.. I asked him a question one day and got a response the next morning. I think that is the easiest place to get a hold of him.

I'll try the Ask John link again and request that someone/anyone reply. DD's wedding is in 5 weeks and I leave the next day for Charleston and board the day after that. We'll see how it goes.

Tell Clare best wishes from Chris and I.:)

Another option would be to post on the Ask John on his blog and then go to his FB page and ask that he go look at it. Many people have done this and he usually replies that he will. Because it is private of course, FB persons never know if he does or not for sure.

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I did send a message via Ask John, but may try the other ideas, too.

Thanks Wendy! I'll tell her. Did you know she's marrying a Chris? I'll send you a FB message and let you know my plans for next April's post-tax-season trip. I'll be in San Diego for a week! :D

Last I read he wasn't going to be answering questions via his blog anymore and only answering questions on FB. I can confirm that he does personally respond on FB and if it is one of the beard's they always day (name, the beard).

good luck!

I also sent a private message on the "ask John" board a couple of weeks back and got a standard email reply from "John Heald" saying "thank you mate - your message has been sent" and nothing else to follow up.

I did see where John Heald was polling his FB readers about whether or not he should continue to answer questions on his blog or just FB. I'm not sure that he ever stated for sure that he would only do this on FB though. If he is not going to reply to anything posted to "Ask John" then they should take down the site.

I rarely ask John Heald anything on FB because by the time he answers, his reply is usually lost amidst hundreds of posts and his FB followers all think their name is John - and try to answer for him. If I just want a consensus to answer a question, I post on Cruise Critics. :)

John isn't the only one that would be able to assist you. Your best bet would be to ask Mary or Michelle over at funville at the Carnival.com forums. They are a bundle of help and I'm pretty sure I read where he commented that Mary and Michelle also help him with his blog and Facebook. You can post a message in the Funville forum, "ask Carnival". In most cases with your question they will respond with an answer or give you their email address and ask you to email them with your question or concern. They are usually pretty quick to respond during normal business hours.

cclsupport@carnival.com

Have a great back to back cruise.

John has always responded to me when I private Facebook message him. this does not get a public view.

Do I have to 'like' his page first, though? Unlike other people, I don't see the option to send him a message on his page. I can do that with other people but who aren't FB friends. It's a page, not a person, right?

Archived