Breakaway salt room

shaun07

Is the salt room a  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is the salt room a

• Great idea
    • Bad idea

I saw on the floor plan for deck 15 that it now lists a salt room. I don't know much about them except they are used for respiratory conditions.

Prime real estate at the front of the ship! Has anyone ever been in one?

Where are the deck plans that you saw the salt room???

The salt room appears to be part of the spa. From what I've seen, they don't appear to have windows. While this one is forward, it's not all the way forward to where there would be viewing. Doesn't seem like it should take up that whole area because that would be huge. I'm still hoping they have a relaxation area with some nice viewing windows as part of the spa like they do on most other ships.

Is the bridge below this on deck 14?

This is definitely something new and different. I had never heard of a salt room before this thread. I'm guessing that the novelty will have some initial appeal but eventually (maybe after a year or two), NCL will replace the salt room with something more traditional, mainly because the spa room will not generate enough revenue, given the amount of space it takes up. Just a guess on my part but that's what I think.

I guess pretty soon we'll see advertising for the first and only salt room at sea.

I bet you are right - the first thing I thought of was how long this fad will make money for NCL.

This is definitely something new and different. I had never heard of a salt room before this thread. I'm guessing that the novelty will have some initial appeal but eventually (maybe after a year or two), NCL will replace the salt room with something more traditional, mainly because the spa room will not generate enough revenue, given the amount of space it takes up. Just a guess on my part but that's what I think.

Cool, thanks for posting the article. I might have to check it out when I sail the Breakaway in May.

Wow! I have never heard of them but reading the aricle was an eye opener as my 3 year old granddaughter has Cystic Fibrosis and I didn't realize they were using these for breathing threatments. My DH said he would use it since he had a lot of sinus and respitory issues. He's a spa whore anyway! LOL! It sure looks like a pretty big space it takes up. I would at least try it to see what ot all about. I use salt water to cure a lot of things. :)

( OOPS, I meant to post this on Sdmike's link post)

I have never heard of a salt room either. Well the Epic had the first Ice Bar at sea, so why not the first Salt room at sea as well.

I do know growing up my mom use to tell me every time we went on vacation to the ocean that it was "good for your skin and will clear up acne". So I guess this makes sense. :)

Archived