Cabin c702 crown princess

carolian

We are thinking of CABIN C702 on the Crown Princess for a transatlantic crossing.

Has anyone experienced this? We have done previous TA in a midship cabin.

Not sure what you're looking for but I was in C701 on the Star Princess last March for a repositioning cruise from Santiago to SF, and I have C703 booked on the Diamond for my Beijing to Vancouver cruise next May. My favorite location on any of the Grand-class ships. I much prefer the location over mid-ship because it's near the aft elevators; up to the buffet, down to the dining room, up to Skywalkers and on the Crown, up to the Adagio Lounge.

Wow, what quick responses, thank you so much. I have been trawling through pages and pages all afternoon.

I am really asking about motion during a TA. We would normally prefer low down and midships but cannot get a balcony to suit.

Very many thanks again

Carole

I agree with Lew and Pam about the aft elevator location. On the Grand class ships it is the best location for the reasons they stated plus it costs a little less than midship. We generally book Emerald deck minis in this area or Caribe balconies in the 700s when the Emerald minis are sold out. As far as the motion goes, I have never noticed any appreciable difference between midship and the aft elevator area. I was in a 700 Caribe balcony on the Golden for our Southern Transatlantic crossing and we had very little movement. I think you have a terrific cabin.

That is probably my favorite location. I love the low 700's on the Caribe Deck (bigger balcony) and the Baja Deck (less expensive). If you don't mind paying a little more, it would be great to move a few cabins more mid-ship just because it would be even quieter. Even so, that location is generally quiet because there are no cabins across from yours and the only noise you'll hear is from inconsiderate people going to/from the elevators.

I'm not a naval architect nor an engineer but I don't think there's much more movement from the aft elevators and further back than midship. The reasons I say this are that the stabilizers help in side-to-side movement so midship vs. aft isn't affected very much. If the ship is sailing into the seas, the propellers are approximately beneath you and I think that helps with up/down movement. The seas would have to be pretty rough to notice much of a difference. If you are far forward, the bow of the ship is hitting the waves so you'd experience more movement there. Most of the time, the ship is sailing in a direction to minimize wave affects, which the stabilizers help with.

We sailed on the Crown to the Baltics in C705, and again, to the Western Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale in C703 (and DD and SIL in C701) and loved the location. (These are starboard and C702 is port).

It was our DD and SIL first cruise and I think they felt some ship motion, but I think being new sailors, it was a natural response.

As mentioned it's very convenient to the upper decks and to the Piazza. Due to the ship's design, the rear elevators for deck six only stop at the traditional dining room, so for anytime dining in Da Vinci you need to use deck seven or five and the stairs to get to the rest of deck six or the center elevators.

I think you will like the location very much.

Wow, what quick responses, thank you so much. I have been trawling through pages and pages all afternoon.

I am really asking about motion during a TA. We would normally prefer low down and midships but cannot get a balcony to suit.

Very many thanks again

Carole

We were all the way back in C743 on the Star in SA a couple of years ago when we had very rough seas for almost the entire trip from the Falklands to Cape Horn. Motion was no worse, and better than many parts of the ship. I'd take that area anytime.

Are you sensitive to motion? We had rough seas for our entire crossing this past spring and never even noticed any motion.

On the other hand, our DD was with us from San Juan to New York, when the seas were perfectly smooth and took Dramamine the entire trip.

If you are very sensitive you might try to get low and down. Otherwise, for all the reasons mentioned, we love cabins near the aft staircase.

Archived