Favorite cruising destination?

What is your favorite crusing desitnation?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite crusing desitnation?

• Mexican Riviera
    • Alaska
    • Caribbean (any part)
    • Mediterranean
    • Scandinavia
    • Asia
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Tahiti
    • Canada/New England
    • Other

I know that the answers to this question will be varied and it will be hard to get an accurate answer just because most of us have not been to all of these places. But I am just curious as to what you guys all think, and why.

Personally, my favorite is Alaska. Of all the places I've ever been, I've never quite found any place as gorgeous, pristine, peacful, breathtaking and aweinspiring as Alaska. And those adjectives only scratch the surface of what Alaska means to me.

I said other because Hawaii was not listed. Every island there that you stop at is beautiful, and you really can't believe you're in the United States.... @ least I couldn't...

I would have voted for Hawaii also, but it was not listed. Alaska is my second choice. Even though I've cruised 7 times, I've not yet been to the Caribbean, I'm sure I would love it. My future dreams are to cruise the Med and the Greek Isles, Tahiti.....

I cast my vote for "Other" as Hawaii wasn't listed on the poll. I've been lucky enough to cruise around the Hawaiian Islands 3 times and have taken many land vacations there. To me, its the closest thing to paradise I've ever found. I have a milestone B'day next year - hope I can convince DH to take me on another cruise to Hawaii. We're cruising the panama canal next year, and I expect it will be awesome, but I can't imagine that it will win my heart like Hawaii has.

The Med! Going back for our second time this October, and I STILL can't squeeze everything we want to see. Oh, well, I'll have to again in a few years.

Although it's a different type of cruising experience (think of it as touring Europe without the trains, and taking your hotel with you), it's so amazing to see Barcelona, Italy, etc.

The Caribbean is my first choice for "put your brain on hold and relax" vacation.

I love them all!! :D

But I voted for the med. I would love to go back again. It's been a year since my last visit, and I am still dreaming of it.

I have not done a cruise around Australia and New Zeeland. Only visit was by land, and loved it. That cruise would be one for my wish list!

Cheers!

We have taken 5 cruises and haven't been to the same port twice. Our favorite destination is everywhere we haven't been yet. Of the trips we have taken, I think Alaska was spectacular..... but Bermuda is my favorite island, and California was awesome, and New England was wonderful and we had great times in the Caribbean! I'm no help at all here! :o ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with both Nliedel and Blizzard54. Anywhere the ship takes me or just the ship, as long as I am on it.

Our next cruise after Jewel this Dec will probably be the Southern Carib., but we are also looking into Alaska and want to do the med when DD gets a little older.

My favorite(s) are Hawaii and Panama Canal. It was the perfect way to travel to Hawaii. We could see all the islands without packing/unpacking. Plus, we were there in March when all the whales were there. It was so wonderful to wake up in the morning with a whale welcoming you from off the balcony. I would go back in a heartbeat. In fact, RCCL is now offering a 14 day hawaii circle tour (roundtrip from San Diego) that is looking great. I hope they offer this in 2007;) . Panama Canal also ranks as one of my favorites. The history was amazing. Also, living on the East Coast, it was great to see all the ports on the West Coast.

I have also heard that Bermuda is ranked as one of the best. Unfortunately, out of all the cruises I have been on, I have never been to Bermuda yet. We are possibly planning a spring '05 cruise out of Baltimore or Bayonne to Bermuda.

Archived