Mercury In Need Of Upkeeping

kitty9

Regarding the hot water. Is she releasing the safety catch. The button on the control needs to be depressed. Turn the water on, turn the temperature knob away from you, press the button, turn the handle toward you, then turn the knob away from you... at this point the safety should release and the HOT water will flow. I think it's at the 40 C mark.

Regarding butlers.......there are fabulous ones.. like Lawrence the Legend.. and then there are terrible ones.

I think i met your sister as we disembarked in Vancouver, she was traveling alone and mentioned the water and blinking lights in her cabin...we on the other hand were on the other side of the hall in CC... and i felt celebrity Mercury was fantastic from the room stewart to the waiter to the cruise director to the ship...yes the elevators were out in the "B" elevators i believe for a couple of hours on thursday but i was a fantastic trip!

I hate that old theory that single women are bad tippers. I tip for service and tip EXTREMELY well for great service. I'm not like a former poster on these boards who liked to brag about handing out $500 tips, but I do tip well. I think a lot of the CS's on Celebrity have had good experiences with single women because they always seem to be glad to see me back on their turf.

tbelian - You might not have said it, but in my opinion the inference was clearly there............

I'm just going to add this, and then leave it alone because I obviously 'touched a nerve' for some people that know (and like) the OP.

1.) I never said that 'sis' was lying. If you translated what I said to mean that, that is your own thing.

2.) Please dont put words on the screen for me. As I'm sure you know, I am perfectly capable of doing that myself.

... Anxiously awaiting Mercury, Fall '05.

Ps... it seems that a lot of other people had better experiences on the Mercury than OP's sister did. Rah rah Celebrity? Why is it 'rah rah'? are you (others) now saying that THOSE people are all liars? Surely the inference is there also isn't it?

Venicecruiser,

Although the internet is wonderful, one of the big drawbacks is that people tend to read between the lines or infer. Doing this will almost guarantee misunderstandings and hurt feelings. This is a hard lesson to learn, I know, but it will make your internet chat experience MUCH better.

tbelian,

Yes, I KNOW you said none of that. IMO the problem is as stated above. We need to read the ACTUAL words and not between the lines!

Let's play nice, children! LOL! 3_3_105.gif

tb,

Believe me I know this first hand!! There is someone on the boards right now mad at me because of a 'perceived slight' and it drives me crazy! If you wear your feelings on your sleeve, so to speak, in this day and age, you are bound to get hurt!

36_2_49.gif

tb,

Believe me I know this first hand!! There is someone on the boards right now mad at me because of a 'perceived slight' and it drives me crazy! If you wear your feelings on your sleeve, so to speak, in this day and age, you are bound to get hurt!

36_2_49.gif

Tuggers:

Don't feel bad, I let someone make personal attacks and intimidate me to go off the board for almost three months. I've been here since 1995, not going to do that again.

Don

Charter member of CC (1995)

Over 12000 posts lost in three conversions

I just got off the Mercury from the same trip your sister was on and we didn't have any problems with the hot water or the telephone. In fact the ship looked great for an almost 8 year old girl. I was on back in 97 and had another great trip on her this time.

Don,

Believe me, I won't let anyone run me off and I'm sorry you left for a while because of it. Don't let that happen again! <grin>

I just think it must take lots of energy to avoid me, make sure you're not on any of my cruises, etc. How sad!

What a lot of us who have so much going on in our lives forget is that for a VERY few people on here, these boards ARE their life. They rely on the attention, the atta boys, etc. to fill something in their lives that they don't have in the 'real world'. Then if someone should write something they perceive is aimed at them, or they don't get all the attention, they feel like that person doesn't like them or is belittling them. The truth is most of us

run by the computer, check some threads, run off a few replies and go on to something else. We don't have the time, energy or inclination to dissect each post!

Okay, I am going to step off the soapbox now! LOL!

4_2_205.gif

What a lot of us who have so much going on in our lives forget is that for a VERY few people on here, these boards ARE their life.

You'd think some people lived on Wisteria Lane or something. This stuff is often taken WAY too seriously. I think I need a cruise :).

Tuggers:

Don't feel bad, I let someone make personal attacks and intimidate me to go off the board for almost three months. I've been here since 1995, not going to do that again.

Don,

welcome back. Hard to believe anyone could intimidate you though!

Gail, I can't imagine anyone mad at you. Cruising with you was just delightful. Just sorry I can't do it more often. I hate to think this board was my whole life, just a part of it. There is bad and good to every cruise line. It is just that Celebrity suits me just fine. If it doesn't suit the next person they can always take their business elsewhere. I can't go to Hawaii with you because I am already booked on Constellation that week but I will keep checking your signature for your next cruise. Pat

Thanks Pat! I am doing a b2b2b on Century starting November 7th. Then Sea Princess 12/31, Opera 1/14, Summit 3/26. Come with me!

Did I tell you Eva came on Horizon to take over Martini Bar while I was on board?

She's so great!!!

• 1 year later...
We just got off the Mercury on the 15th, and was in cabin 1046, the same hallway as 1029, and we had plenty of hot water. So much so that I always had to turn it down so I wouldn't get burned. Can't say much about the butler, but our Cabin attendant and asst. were great.

Did not have one problem with an elevator button.

We thought the service was the best ever, the food was fantastic, and didn't find a single thing to complain about.

Mercury is our favorite ship, and didn't disappoint us in anyway.

Can you tell me how cabin 1046 was laid out compared to the other facing cabins? Do you happen to have a picture of the interior of the cabin? Did you happen to find the cabin noiser?

Archived