2006 Brides/Grooms Please Post Here

Hi, all. I thought this might be a good gathering place for all the 2006 brides and grooms planning their cruise wedddings to discuss plans, rave/vent about vendors, offer advice etc. I know there are a lot of individual topic posts, but thought this could be a catch-all.

Here are my "stats":

Wedding Date: May 29, 2006, 3:30 p.m., At Sea

Sail Date: May 27 to June 3, 2006

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Planning Stage: Cruise, ceremony package and AHR location booked. Hoping to get our save-the-dates out around Memorial Day. Still figuring out flowers, table decorations, etc. and would love your thoughts.

best wishes and congrats to all!

Traci

I would check out theknot.com's destination wedding boards. they have great info and they have pics in their bios of their wedding, and they usually have the vendors or websites they used. Its a great source of information.

Monkey1, I think this is a great idea. This is a great way for all to share their information under one thread. My stats are as follows:

Wedding Date: July 17th

Sail Date: July 14th - July 22nd

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

Planning Stage: cruise booked. Were considering getting married on ship the first day, but now my fiance has changed his mind. He wants to get married on the Island. So now I am in the process of researching local co-ordinators, and would like to cut out middle man. If I don't have to use Royal Romance, I prefer not to.

So that is where we are. Looking for any ideas, referrals or help from anyone.

Hi, luvjftffc. TheKnot.com is a good source of info--I've ben on there quite a bit--planning obsession I think :) I thought this would be a more targeted place for in-depth discussions for those of us planning cruise weddings. I also like on these threads that one message can stay closer to the top and is easier to find.

Hi, shbroc! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Which ports of call are you traveling to? I know there's a local coordinator in the Virgin Islands that people seem to love--Cheryl Tomer. I think it's really romantic to get married on an island. Will you have family/friends sailing with you?

Hi, Monkey1. The ports of call are St. Thomas, which is where we are getting married. The others are Puerto Rico, St. Martin and Labadee RCI private island). We are sailing from NJ. Right now, I have a total of 8 people sailing with us right now. I am planning on sending out a save the date letter informing others of the date and cruise. Hopefully more will decide to come with us. I have booked my cruise as a group, so cabins are on hold.

I have heard of Cheryl Tomer, is she with A Wedding For You? And if so I wonder if she does weddings in St. Thomas? I have e-mail AWFY for information.

How many people are traveling with you? Do you know where the ceremony is going to be performed at on the ship?

That is such a fun itinerary! We took a family trip on Navigator of the Seas a couple years ago with that itinerary and it was a BLAST!

Here's the contact info I received for Cheryl. i never actually spoke with her, b/c shortly after I got the info, we switched to Princess. She does weddings on St. Thomas, and based on the research I did, she's supposed to be terrific.

Phone: 800 937-1346 or 340 775-6906

E-mail: cheryl@viweddings.com

We don't know yet which room on the ship, but it may be the chapel or the Terrace pool--back of the ship. I like the idea of getting married outdoors on the ship, but the benefit of the chapel is that it has a free web cam that people can watch back home. I've hear they tell you ~45 to 60 days out, when they know exactly how many people are sailing with you.

We're sending out our save-the-dates next week so people have about a year to book, and we should have a better estimate then. We think we'll have between 25 and 40. our families have already booked and people say they're excited, but nothing is a sure thing until they're actually on the ship :)

I can send you a link to our web site and save-the-dates if you want ideas for wording. Just let me know. This is really fun, and I'm so excited. Hopefully the time will go quickly!

Thanks for the info on Cheryl. I will definitely look into it. We are getting excited too!!

Please send me the link to your web site and save-the-dates. I would love to check it out. We are currently looking for ideas. If you don't want to post it here. E-mail me at shbroc@aol.com

Thanks.

I'll post here, and if you have trouble accessing them, I'll send to you directly.

Web site: www.mikeandtraciwedding.com we plan on updating this regularly as we get more info.

Passport Save-the-date: http://www.kantowski.com/STDPublicPost.pdf It opens up in adobe acrobat. This is 95% there version. :p We're printing these on 80lb linen cover paper for the outside and the inside is being printed on 24lb linen paper. we will lace a ribbon through them. We're going to adhere the "passport" to a magnet. They'll be mailed in small translucent envelopes with a compass stamp.

We are hoping for October 31st 2006, yes Halloween! On board the Carnival Legend from Ft. Lauderdale. We just got back from the Glory last week and have made up our mind that this is what we want to do. So we looked through the sailings for next year and picked a date... =o)

Done so far: Nadda, got to call Carnival Weddings Monday.

My daughter is getting married next year, July 2 on the Carnival Glory. The cruise is booked and the wedding is booked. We have alot of relatives that may not be able to make the cruise that live in Florida. So she decided to get married in the first port, which Key West, (they could drive to see her on her special day) We will all be all transported (by trolley) to the Hyatt Key West. We booked the wedding on Monday and they told her that somebody will be contacting her in the next two weeks. The very next day, my daughter got a call from an Ellen with "A Wedding for you". If you want to check out the website, it is aweddingforyou.com. I compliment Carnival for such a fast response. Ellen emailed her everything from vows to upgrades. We are sending out this week, Save the date. She decided to do the Message in the bottle. They came out really cute. I will keep you posted for the next year.

Carnival Carnival Glory (Western)

July 2, 2006

Port of Key West @ the Hyatt Resort

:D Congratulations Everyone

I got married in St Thomas on the island off the explorer last October. I used Terry Casner in St Thomas who is the wedding coordinator for Royal Romance and princess. I recommend her to anyone getting maried in the Virgin Islands. I love her and still stay in contact with her. She still makes time for me and is funny.When I told her a few months ago that I was having a baby she passed it on to the minister who married us and he called me to congratulate me. That was so cool. There are probably some good companies there, but Terry was so prompt in getting back to me and so professional. I have read scary things about Royal Romance and the wedding experience, but with Terry planning my wedding I had nothing to worry about, besides, if something like bad weather happens she can move your wedding to the villa the wedding experience owns in St Thomas. She told me I could choose the beach or the villa and I went with the beach but I have read here from brides who got married at the villa and they said it was breath taking. I think its cool that Royal Romance and Princess brides can have choices and since they own their own villa they didn't charge extra for the rental. You should call Terry. 1-800- 214-0394. She can make your hair appointments on the boat in advance for you and all sorts of extras since she represents Royal Romance and th eother cruise ships. Good luck everyone. Rachel

:D Congratulations Everyone

I got married in St Thomas on the island off the explorer last October. I used Terry Casner in St Thomas who is the wedding coordinator for Royal Romance and princess. choices and since they own their own villa they didn't charge extra for the rental. You should call Terry. 1-800- 214-0394. She can make your hair appointments on the boat in advance for you and all sorts of extras since she represents Royal Romance and th eother cruise ships. Good luck everyone. Rachel

Did you go through Royal Romance or did you book with Terry directly?

brianroberts2526 - Welcome and congrats on your engagement! Let us know if you need any help with planning :)

IBRelaxin2 - A Halloween cruise sounds soooo fun! Congrats! I think the cruise wedding company must have improved a lot b/c I've had nothing but a good experience so far.

mkaiser - Congrats on your daughter's engagement. Message in a bottles for the save-the-dates is very cute. We talked about sending those out for all the people going on the cruise with last minute details, but it will probably depend on where our budget is at when that time comes. :p It's good to hear the company got back to you right away. Fortunately, I had the same experience.

nycruiserbruiser - Congratulations on your wedding! If you have any pics you're willing to share, I'm sure everyone would love to see them.

Question for everyone:

If you're planning a reception onboard, are you planning on decorating the tables? Our parents are planning on hosting a "dinner" following the wedding, and I want to decorate the tables. I got some ideas from Kadiebug12's posts, and plan on doing flowers on the table. I also thought it might be cute to create custom menus in the shape of the Caribbean Princess (ship we're sailing on) as sort of a favor. And, we're considering ocean colored mini-photo albums with a pic and note from us inside to add color to the table. Would love other ideas from all of you.

hi. I booked through Royal Romancel and then they turned me over to Terry and I never talked to Royal Romance after that. I guess you can call her and see if she can book you. She probably can because she is royal romance St Thomas and Princess and all the other cruise ships Wedding Experience has too. You will have a great time.

I used Terry Casner in St Thomas and had the best wedding! Yes, she can book you and send you the marriage license paperwork and brochures, contracts; just everything. I almost went with Cheryl Toner, but wanted the insurance, so to speak, of going thought the cruise ship. The Villa is beautiful, and overlooks the ocean. On my invites I had printed Villa St Thomas and Wedding Chapel, the name of their Villa. I got to change in the private bridal room that was so beautiful while my guests enjoyed rum punch. The minister was Reverend Sam and he was amazing. Just my 2 cents worth. Have fun girls.

Wedding Date: Jan. 28, 2006 in port in New Orleans

Sail Date: Jan 28 - Feb 2, 2006

Ship: Carnival Sensation

Planning Stage: Cruise & wedding package are booked. Save-the-dates are going out within the next week - providing our photo strip idea pans out.

Congrats to everyone!!!

Hi everyone we got engaged last year on our cruise and I figured what better way to get married than the same place he proposed? We will be married on the island of St. Thomas while in port. Here are my stats:

Wedding Date: April 4, 2006

Sail Date: April 1st - 8th

Ship: Carnival Glory

Planning Stage: we have booked our cruise. We are using Cheryl Toner for our coordinator and she has been wonderful. our save-the-dates were sent out the beginning or May and we have already had some guests book their cruise.

This site is a fabulous idea. Thank s for thinking of it.

1. Hi everyone, we are getting married in the port of New York

Wedding Date: July15, 2006 Ship: Carnival Legend Sail Date: July 15-23 The planning stages so far is booked wedding with sit down luncheon and booked cruise. I have also send my save the date letter and magnet.:) Karita

Thanks everyone for posting. It's fun that there are so many of us getting married next year on cruise ships!

Brianroberts2526--your web site looks great and I think that pic is perfect!

Karita--you are on top of things! My save-the-dates are going out this weekend--I hope! and I can't wait.

Weathergeek--I love the photostrip save-the-date, so cute :)

Debmaddi--how cool that you're getting married on the same ship where you got engaged.

My progress--working on save-the-dates as mentioned above and trying to track down postcards for St. Thomas and St. Maartan. I want to include them in our OOT bags for people.

Karita--

I am off to NYC to get married on the Legend this Sunday. We have 34 guests (13 of which are sailing). Wedding in the Chapel at 1PM and DeLux Romance package with an ice sculpture of doves.

I'll be sure to write you a review when I get back.

My stats are as follows:

Wedding Date: July 17th

Sail Date: July 14th - July 22nd

Ship: Explorer of the Seas

Planning Stage: cruise booked. Were considering getting married on ship the first day, but now my fiance has changed his mind. He wants to get married on the Island. So now I am in the process of researching local co-ordinators, and would like to cut out middle man. If I don't have to use Royal Romance, I prefer not to.

Update. I have decided to use Cheryl Toner as our coordinator. Finished my save-the-date letter and in the process of creating magnets. I hope to mail these out this weekend.

I have also created my webpage on the knot:

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/brigittehull&josephjohnson

Thanks everyone for posting. It's fun that there are so many of us getting married next year on cruise ships!

Brianroberts2526--your web site looks great and I think that pic is perfect!

Karita--you are on top of things! My save-the-dates are going out this weekend--I hope! and I can't wait.

Weathergeek--I love the photostrip save-the-date, so cute :)

Debmaddi--how cool that you're getting married on the same ship where you got engaged.

My progress--working on save-the-dates as mentioned above and trying to track down postcards for St. Thomas and St. Maartan. I want to include them in our OOT bags for people.

Thanks, Im not a fan of the pic; I think it makes me look goofy, but my fiance looks good; as usual.

Archived