2006 Brides/Grooms Please Post Here

regardlessgirl - I can't believe we're on the same ship--how fun. I'll e-mail you separately and perhaps we can work together to get what we need from Princess and TWE :)

Traci

Well I changed it. I am now doing a wedding at sea on the 28th instead of at ft lauderdale port.

After reading the postings.. I have decided that is the better option. It seemed like it would not be rushed or stressful and I am VERY excited now. :)

Jo

My fiance and I got engaged in December 2004 on a cruise in the Southern Carribbean on Norwegian.

After months of debating and deciding, we think we are going to do a cruise wedding. Probably a 3-4 day itinerary on Royal Caribbean. We are thinking about Sovreign of the Seas and getting married in the Bahamas. We just finished watching the Dry Dock TV show where they completely redid the ship, so we feel like we have a good idea of what it looks like.

I've been reading through here and haven't seen anyone as having a wedding in Nassau! Any coordinators or other tips?

For the itineraries we've been looking at, it looks like we'd be spending a large amount of time in Nassau -- 8am - 2am. I think we could probably plan some sort of "post wedding experience" if we get married in the morning - maybe dinner at a restaurant or an evening boat tour. (Do you think we can do this without Royal Romance finding out?? Do they leave you alone after the wedding is over?) I think we'll probably have under 20 guests but haven't decided yet.

Oh, and we were thinking about getting married in March or April of 2006. Looking at everyone else's wedding dates, I am thinking maybe I need more time to plan.. Any thoughts? :)

• 1 month later...

We will be married on the island of St. Thomas while in port. Here are my stats:

Wedding Date: April 4, 2006

Sail Date: April 1st - 8th

Ship: Carnival Glory

Planning Stage: we have booked our cruise. We are using Cheryl Toner for our coordinator and she has been wonderful. our save-the-dates were sent out the beginning or May and we have already had some guests book their cruise.

Update:

Hi everyone,

We have been in close contact with Cheryl Toner and in the process of woring out details.

FI has his wedding attire and I have my dress and already awaiting my third (hopefully my last) fitting.

We have the marriage licence application complete and ready to be e-mailed for Cheryl to look over. We have to decide on the cake choice we want and she will be sending over some choices for our ceremony and vows.

We currently have 40 guests booked for our wedding with 38 sailing with us.

WOW! I can't believe how time is flying. I still have most everything to purchase for the OOT bags. I found beach bags at Old Navy for $2. each early summer and I have anti bacterial gel (2 oz.), small photo album, and Highlighter (to mark the cruise capers). I still have a number of ideas I have not yet purchased. post-it notes, single serve crystal light packets, beach towels...

I have to stop I and getting nervous I will run out of time.

Our photographer will be Paradise Pictures http://www.paradisepictures.vi

Cheryl has been a dream to work with so far. She just asks for pictures of what we want and then off she gpes to make it happen.

Congratulations to everyone. Planning is really alot of fun. Good luck I will keep checking and reading and getting ideas and hopefully giving them also.

Well off for more planning.

Debbie

Wedding Date: Aug. 6, 2006 getting married in port in Cape Liberty NJ

Ship: Explorer of The Seas, sailing 5 nights to Bermuda

Planning: So far we have 41 people booked to cruise with us and expect a few more and we have booked the ceremony throung Royal Romance

We decided on a cruise wedding 1. because we were engaged on a cruise Carnival Miracle Aug. 04 2. We wanted to do somthing different and fun!!

I am starting to get really really excited. Any advice, reviews, suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

We are getting married on the Enchantment of the Seas on Royal Car. FI has been to a wedding on this ship, but it has since been extended in size with lots of new additions. We are getting married Jan. 13 while in Key West. I have not had any problems with Royal Romance despite the negative reviews I have read. I do sometimes wish I was able to use Princess-it seems like a great line to use to get married on.

I am also doing the OOT bags. Most of the guests are staying overnight at a nearby Ft. Lauderdale hotel, so I will have them ready in their hotel rooms that night so they have the bags to take on the ship. Oriental Trading has lots of good things. I am a teacher, so I use the site quite often. We have 60 guests traveling with us and 10 meeting us in Key West. It should be a great time!

I like the idea of a cruise wedding becuase things are much simpler-no caterer to meet with, no having to choose locations, and so many other of the stressful situations. However, I have definitely been overdoing it on other aspects of the planning! The OOT bags are so much fun to plan-our "big" favor will be a CD of love songs that our guests have submitted to us. That is my favorite part! Here is our website for things we have done so far: www.steveandkelly2006.com

I need to get the pictures of the save the dates and the newsletters we have been writing to everyone to keep them up to date.

Congrats to everyone!!!

Here are our stats:

Date: March 4, 2006

Location: Carnival Liberty in Ft. Lauderdale (wedding and cruise already booked)

Reception: a couple months later, 1 in Maine and 1 in Mass (due to family location)

We decided to do just a simple ceramony and then just have the reception later. The only guests at our wedding will be our parents/ sister. Very simple and just our style...plus we get to cruise out of it.;)

Not a whole lot of prep to do (which is the main reason we chose this option) but I did get my dress at davids bridal a couple of weeks ago.

So thats our plan.

Kelly

My Daughter is getting married.

Bride: Sonia

Groom: Quinn

Wedding Date: 15 Oct 2006

Loction: Freedom of the Seas

Port: Miami, FL

They have not really decided if the wedding will be on the ship or not. She has her gown picked out.

Hi Heather,

I am getting married on the Enchantment also. Congrats!!

We are getting married in Key West Jan. 13, 06 (Friday the 13th!!!). I can't wait. We decided to do it on the ship simply because we aren't there that long in Key West. We have a few older people travelling and were worried about getting them all to the beach. I do love the idea of the beach wedding though! I bet it will be beautiful

I've had a good response from Royal Romance. I know it seems like everyone has given it bad press, but it seems that in the end everything turns out. I think as brides we just want that immediate gratification in getting things done and having control, but it is hard to do when planning on a cruise ship. I do love the idea of someone else doing the planning for me.

We have about 60 people so far and were so surprised that people would pay, it almost makes me wish we had done a week cruise.....We go to Cozumel also.

We got the Royal Suite that way we can host cocktail parties each night with everyone. Have you receieved any perks yet for booking so many people?

It's exciting to see someone else on the same ship!!

Kelly

This site is priceless. So many ideas and great information!

We are planning to wed on "Freedom" before departing Miami July 30, '06. My family loves cruising so I sold the idea of a cruise wedding to my fiance.

I'm sure I'll have numerous questions as the weeks, months come to a close.

Happy sailing ~

niyapa ;)

event.png

Hi, 2006 brides. It's been awhile since I posted, and it's so great to see so many 2006 cruise brides. I think we're all very smart to choose cruiseship weddings :)

CarrieVision and CelebrationatSea--you're web sites are great!

Things are moving along for us. I took a tour of our ship last weekend--yes, I'm very much a control freak and had to see the ship in advance. TWE can arrange this for you while the ship is in port.

We've been picking up gift bag items here and there, but our guest list has increased a lot, so we'll have to assess what we have and may need to hold off buying anything else until all of our guests have booked--or our bridal party will just have really good bags LOL

Next up is invitations. I'm thinking of mounting the invite on a backing that's a map of the caribbean ocean where we'll be married. need to do some mock-ups of this.

Hope everyone is doing well!

~Traci

Traci,

I am thinking the same thing about the invites... I have this great book with some kinda cool destination invitations in it. The name of the book is escaping me right now but I will post it tomorrow.

Then again, I don't even have a dress yet so I think that should be the focus for now... I just love making paper products... Our Save the date information is almost ready. :)

Carrie

Carrie--I'd love the name of the book if you find it. I spent a lot of time on our save-the-dates and loved every minute of it--created passport books with a magnet. Our guests seemed to really like them, so I'm trying to come up with something just as cool and unique :)

Traci

Hey Traci:

Here is the book I was talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1592530370/qid=1124664960/sr=8-4/ref=pd_bbs_4/104-2476968-4043934?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

It definitely has some interesting ideas! I got my copy at the library, so maybe yours carries it also! Even if you don't use the "destination" invitations

there are some good ideas for different ways to design the invites in general.

Let us see what you come up with! :D

We will be married onboard the Norwegian Jewel while in port at Miami. Here are my stats:

Wedding Date: April 30, 2006

Sail Date: April 30th - May 14th

Ship: Norwegian Jewel

Planning Stage: Cruise was booked well before the question was popped. We even had the "Romance Suite" booked. Must've been an omen! :) Once the engagement was set, we made the decision to make our Transatlantic cruise our honeymoon and we contacted NCL's Wedding Aisles (aka The Wedding Experience) so we could begin to plan our wedding.

We already have the "base package" reserved to hold our date, and we're planning the two hour sit down lunch with approximately 80 guests. So far two couples that we sailed with on previous cruises are joining us on the cruise as well. We hope that our other friends will be able to sail with us also.

Our save-the-dates cards were ordered and we expect them this week. Wedding dress hunt begain last week and I at least know what I don't want to wear for my wedding. Since I'm a 50-year old first time bride, the princess look is definitively out for me. :eek:

We begain our Registry yesterday at Macy's and I'll continue that one myself, as the groom-to-be was "over it" pretty quickly. We already have our wedding website up and will continue to add to it as we formalize our plans.

Congrats to everyone else on their upcoming weddings, vow renewals, anniversaries, etc!! :)

Have fun all!

Michele

hi everyone and congratulations on your up coming nuptuals.....

we got engaged this year in may on mariner of the seas.

we are not having a cruise wedding as we live in ireland and that would be unfair on our families , we are celebrating our honeymoon on freedom of the seas though , sailing on 13 aug , all my family are joining us as its my fathers 50th birthday also.

we are getting married in ireland in 3rd august 2006.

havent got much planninh done reallt , honeymoon is booked , wedding recpetion and church are booked and thats about it!!!lots to do still.

Welcome and congrats, Micheleg and tronan!

Carrievision--that book is awesome. I'm definitely purchasing it or seeing if the library has it. I love, love, love paper crafts. I have to finish my friend's wedding programs and then I'm on to my own wedding stuff :)

We will be married April 2, 2006 on the Caribbean Princess.

Sail date: April 1 - April 8, 2006

Completed so far: The cruise and wedding package/date are booked. We have about 28 guests (plus three infants) sailing with us so far.

My sister was married on the Caribbean Princess while at sea on April 4, 2005. My fiance and I were engaged in July and decided we had so much fun on hers', we should do it again. The same week the same ship and the same itinerary a year later, we will be married! The friends and family that went this past April that plan to join us as well are referring to this as the "dejavu" cruise. :)

We used the free evite.com service for our "save the date" information, which has worked great! A lot of people commented that they enjoyed it and keep going back to look at other people's responses.

Every time someone new books on the cruise, we celebrate again...we are so excited!

Other than that, due to work madness, we haven't started much planning (part of the reason for choosing a cruise wedding). Finding a wedding dress is the September project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's our information (kinda)

Wedding Date: not sure

Sail Date: not sure

Ship / Cruise Line: Royal Caribbean

Destination: The Bahamas

We are just starting to plan and haven't booked anything yet. We are getting a head-count, so far we have 50+. Any insights into group rates, RCCL book the flights as well. Any comments on ship vs. shore ceremonies?

Archived