2006 Brides/Grooms Please Post Here

engagedatsea! Congratulation on your wedding and good luck with everything. Yes please write a review when you get back, I'll love to hear every detail. Monkey1 - Not only did i do my save-the-date letter and magnet, I got my favors, which are the t-shirts that Kadiebug used and favor tags, my dress and my rings:D I'm like a kid in a candy shop, i'm so excited. :D

Karita- I can totally relate to the excitement. I've become obsessed, and have a file of decorations, ring bearer stuff, unity sand thing, etc. that I'm preventing myself from buying until I get our save-the-date passports out the door. After this weekend, I'm home free on that--we bought a new printer to make sure they look perfect :)

I love the cruise wedding planning--you get a vacation and wedding in one shot!

Karita-

where'd you get your treasure chest? i saw Kadie did that too, and i think it's super cute. I was thinking of doing that or a small "lifesaver" with our wedding date on it.

~Traci

Hi Everyone and Congratulations! Here are my stats:

Wedding Date: January 7, 2006

Sail Date: January 7, 2006

Ship: Navigator of the Seas

Planning Stage: Cruise & wedding are booked, invites are all sent out and still waiting on the remainder of the replys to come back. I have 20 guests booked so far. I have my dress, veil, & shoes. Photographers are booked.

I think that's all for now. I still have to purchase the airfare and hotel for Miami. Anyone know of any good, not too expensive hotels in the area?

Hi All ---

Here's the scoop:

Golden Princess

Feb 18, 2006 sail

Feb 19, 2006 -- wedding in chapel -- just the two of us -- no guests

Hope to have cake and champagne on our deck all day!

Party when we get home to Philadelphia.

Can't wait!

Hi, everyone! How's the planning going? We hit our 1-year 'til we sail countdown today and I am so excited. it's save-the-date production weekend for us and some BBQs with friends. Also, going to try and find a veil--finding the dress was easy and I love mine, just having trouble finding a veil i love as much--go figure :)

~Traci

Monkey1- I got it from a store on the internet, i can't remember the name right know but if your are really interested i can find it for you.

Hi, Karita--yes if you find the name of the store, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Traci

brianroberts2526 congrats on receiving your vows--we were so excited when we got ours and luckily FI and I agreed on the ones we like.

shbroc - just checked out your web site. love the photo of you two in the carriage and the background you chose.

FI and I went to sushi last night, and there was a Target next door, so we hit the dollar spot and got a bunch of cute stuff for our welcome bags--small lint rollers (we thought this would be useful and not something people would bring), the bags and water bottles. We did a rough estimate since we're still a year away.:) We have 26 guests booked, and our save-the-dates go out this week, so it may be more. We purchased bags per stateroom. So one more thing off the list!

Karita--thank you for the link. those are super cute and I think I'll order one today!

Brianroberts2526 - Re: the welcome bags. You have a few options. You can bring them in your carryon, pack them in a box and have them delivered with your checked luggage or give them out prior to the cruise. it's completely up to you and I think people will appreciate it no matter what.

On photographers, they will let you take your own pics, just not a professional photographer--at least based on my experience on Princess.

To all, our save-the-date project hit a slight road bump due to printer issues, but we're hoping to resolve those this week.

Also, option for "control freak" brides like me :D I'm scheduling a tour of our ship with our TWE coordinator. They take you around the ship to look at locations, take pics, etc. It's $150 on princess.

Have a great day, everyone!

Traci

We are loving the idea of getting married on a cruise due to the fact that our friends and family are all over the country! If everyone has to travel, it might as well be to some place fun! It will also be a money saver (for us at least.) We just want to make sure that our guests will be able to afford to come. So we are thinking about a 3 or 4 day cruise. If you were a guest, would you prefer the cheaper price tag of a 3/4 night trip?

Another big debate is getting married on the ship vs. at a port. We are looking at Carnival's Fascination that stops at Key West (4 day cruise.) Has anyone been on that ship and or had a beach wedding there? My thought is...why get married on the ship when you have the beautiful beach right there! However, I love the idea of the ship since it's easy, it's a controlled environment and less $$. I do however, want to have the 1 1/2 hour reception on the ship.

I don't think I want to have the ceremony before the ship leaves b/c I want everyone to come on the cruise with us!

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!!! :confused:

Welcome and congrats acouch. FI and I struggled with the same thing and ultimately went with a 7-night b/c we wanted to get married by the Captain at Sea and Princess was the only option. We have not even sent out our save-the-dates and are overwhelmed by the enthusiastic response--we have 28 people already booked, so I think no matter what you choose people will join you.

I recommend deciding what's most important to you and discussing options and ballpark pricing with the people who are must-haves on the cruise. For us, it was the captain and at sea and also the ship. Some of the shorter cruises use older ships, which may or may not be a concern to you. RCCL is currently rehabbing Enchantment of the Seas which will sail 4&5 night itineraries next year and might be the "newest" ship of the shorter cruises. I've heard a lot of people have tons of fun on Carnival.

You can book a beachside wedding and if you miss your port-of-call b/c of weather they'll marry you onboard in a different port.

No matter what you decide I think you'll have a great time!

We are getting married June 23, 2006 and planning a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon. We have narrowed it down to either the Owners suite on Legend of the Seas’ 14 Night Mediterranean Classic cruise or a courtyard penthouse on Norwegian Jewel’s 7 day Mediterranean Europe cruise. From my research I have gathered that Norwegian Jewel is by far the better ship being brand new (coming into service in August 05) with new features such as a semi-private courtyard with pool, and being with NCL which many people have said is better for romantic getaways.

This would be an easy decision except that the Legend has a 14 day itinerary and, having never been to Europe, I am exited about the prospect of spending 2 weeks on a ship and getting to see allot more of Europe at the same time.

Norwegian Jewel Itinerary:

Praira Da Rocha, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia/Rome, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vigo

Legend of the Seas Itinerary:

Praira Da Rocha, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia/Rome, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vigo Praira Da Rocha, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia/Rome, Villefranche, Ajaccio, Barcelona, Lisbon, Vigo

Having read some of the posts about Legend of the Seas’s not so good cuisine, less than stellar condition and shortened list of amenities for suites, I am no longer so sure that 14 days on an OK ship will be more rewarding than 7 days on a awesome vessel. What are your opinions? Would the extras on the Norwegian Jewel really be worth giving up the extra 7 days?

Thanks for any unput u can give

Hi!

I just noticed your sailing date. We will be on this cruise too! I was so excited to see that there will be a wedding on our sailing. We were just married in April on the Carnival Fascination and had a wonderful time. Being a cruise bride is like being a celebrity for a week. You are recognized everywhere you go on the ship. Good luck with your planning and maybe we'll catch a glimpse of you on your special day!

Wedding Date: May 27 at Port in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Sail Date: May 27 to June 3, 2006

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Planning Stage:I currently have cruise and wedding booked. I am unsure about reception at this point.

I see that Monkeygirl and I are on the same crusie.

This is actually my first cruise ever. MY fiance had attended a wedding cruise and really liked it.. so here we are. I was hoping this would be easier to plan then a traditional wedding and so far.. not really.

I have save the dates made up.. but I am not totally sure what I think of the format.. not sent yet as I am still waiting for addresses. I am totally stressed trying to come up with ideas.. do we do favors? How many people are going to fly to FL to see us get married?

The one thing I am wondering is that with Princess, I was told by the coordinator that you could not have music at the sit down dinner. Now most people that will be going could care less about dancing.. but I am now feeling gipped about not getting our first dance..

If we just do the cocktail hour we could have a dj and the dance.

which I think would be fine.. cause everyone can eat on the crusie. but what about the people coming just for the wedding.. is the cocktail hour enough?

I saw the idea of doing bags with goodies in it..really liked that... thinking of doing that instead.. of favors.

Anyone in the same boat and looking to bounce ideas please please email me.

regardlessgirl@yahoo.com

I am feeling very far behind in the planning stages..

We are getting married in St. Thomas on 3/6/06 when the Carnival Destiny is in port. We're in the planning stages & I'm so excited!! I am working with Carla at Sunsation Weddings in St Thomas. They have been really good about negotiating some changes & customizations I wanted. We will have a beach wedding on Magen's Bay.

I have prepared a newsletter to announce our engagement and use as a save the date. Now I'm not sure if I like it. Does anyone have any examples of the save the date ideas you've used? I would be interested in a couple different ideas.

I want to send out the save the dates at the end of the month or July so people can start planning their cruise. We already have our families & some friends who are interested--about 16 people cruising with us, could be more!

Wedding Date: February 28, 2006 (Mardi Gras!) at Key West

Sail Date: February 27, 2006 (from Ft Lauderdale)

Ship: Royal Caribbean Enchantment (also stops at Cozumel and Belize).

Planning stage: Cruise booked, with 28 friends/fam already booked, about 6 more promising to book (procrastinators), and about 6 "maybes."

Getting close to booking ceremony location at Hyatt Key West, just trying to figure out officiant, photog, etc. now. There's too long of a list to choose from. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS??? The nice thing is that it will be a quickie ceremony though, as the Key West stop is only 7am to 2pm.

I decided against Royal Romance because of the bad PR on them; I cannot handle not being in control and/or not being communicated with. The downside of self-planning is that my line of work involves event planning so I've been tending to overthink things a bit.

We'll have a little cocktail reception back on the ship, and the formal night follows... Seems to be going smoothly so far!

Thanks to all for posting - good reads!

Heather

Hello!

Here is my info:

Wedding Date: Still undetermined...March, April or June 2006!

Ship: RCI's Voyager Class

Itinerary: Doesn't matter...we just have to stop in Ocho Rios to get married!

Can anyone recommend a local wedding coordinator?

Hi everyone! Sorry, i've been traveling and swamped with work. Still swamped, but just wanted to take a minute to say hi and congrats to all!

regardlessgirl - I can't believe we're on the same ship--how fun. I'll e-mail you separately and perhaps we can work together to get what we need from Princess and TWE :)

Traci

Archived