2006 Brides/Grooms Please Post Here

I was initially planning on the Jewel in December 2006, but now the planning has turned from a "just me and him" ceremony to many more people interested in coming. We are now looking at maybe doing the Navigator out of Miami for a 7day instead of the 8day Jewel out of Ft. Lauderdale.:( Anyone else planning on the Navigator/gotten married on the Navigator? We are definitely doing an embarkation day wedding at port.

Hi Everyone and Congratulations! Here are my stats:

Wedding Date: January 7, 2006

Sail Date: January 7, 2006

Ship: Navigator of the Seas

Planning Stage: Cruise & wedding are booked, invites are all sent out and still waiting on the remainder of the replys to come back. I have 20 guests booked so far. I have my dress, veil, & shoes. Photographers are booked.

I think that's all for now. I still have to purchase the airfare and hotel for Miami. Anyone know of any good, not too expensive hotels in the area?

Hello All - this is kinda strange but I am the sister of the bride doing all of her arrangements.... so here are 'our?' stats...

Wedding Date: February 5th

Sail Date: February 5th

Ship: Mariner of the Seas

Planning Stage: Everything almost done, hotel, no flights yet, marriage package, predinner, beauticians and flowers (this week) - we are in Bridal Shower mode right now. Dresses and suits done as well.

My sister is not picky and would rather just show up so I am the official wedding planner - booked the chapel and am crossing my fingers...ok - we avoided doing our hair on the ship by doing something local - anyone have advice on flowers - $65 for my bouquet seems pricey for carnations - hers is included. Also we are sailing with them on their honeymoon which should be great.. any advice from brides on RCCL experiences.. would love to hear them!!

Mgillingham: We booked a package in Miami for the Explorer of the Seas this Nov. The price was $99 at the Holidan Inn Downtown Miami - you get room, breakfast, drink cruise around the port (yeah!!) we heard good things about this and it seems the way to go.

We will be staying at the Radisson for her bridal cruise -- lovely hotel and heard good things aBout it in Pt. Canaveral - for $139 which also includes shuttle to the ship!!

April

dejavucruise:

We're getting married on the Caribbean Princess in Sep 06, I'd love to hear how things go with planning & the ceremony (we may also have some infant travelers and would appreciate any suggestions).

We got engaged on the Carnival Glory (our 1st cruise) and since our family & friends live across the country (and our parents are avid cruisers) we decided on a cruise for our wedding

We have booked the cruise but haven't booked the wedding yet. As of now we're planning on having the ceremony at sea during the 1st sea day.

I can't wait for the cruise!

Wedatsea06 - We'd be happy to pass on any information we can!

We are currently in the decision making process. We booked the cruise and date in August and haven't felt the need to do much since. Just recently we've started going through the ceremony and reception details that we need to turn in eventually. We would like to do the ceremony outside (we're currently at around 36 guests) and have seen postings from people who've been married on the back pool deck as well as on the sun terrace, but we're not sure if one is a better option than the other. We're currently planning to request Skywalker's for our reception...which will be drinks and a couple of food stations only, we're not doing a meal.

Questions still to ponder:

- piano or DJ at reception?

- try a unity candle outside or do something a little different (one bride mentioned using sand...)

- and what about hair? I need to do some more searching to find out what people have thought about using the salon service to do their hair.

That's where we are currently! We remember every day why we chose a cruise wedding...the planning is so much fun (and in our time) versus stressful and on a tight timeline!

Hello Everyone!

My fiance and I booked the cruise and wedding..here is the info:

Royal Caribbean

Navigator of the Seas

Western Caribbean Cruise

February 4th, 2006

Wedding in the Port of Miami aboard the ship

approximately 30 guests, non-sailing guests

Luncheon buffet for the reception

I am a little nervous after reading some of the postings. This is our first cruise my second wedding, his first. I am hoping that this will be a good experience?!:confused: I wanted it to be a special so I hope that Royal Weddings comes through!

Let me begin by saying what a relieve to have found this board! I have already learned so much!!! I wish I knew cruisecritic existed before we booked over a year ago!

My wedding plans are:

Date: January 7, 2006

Ship: RCCL Voyager of the Seas

Guests: 46 cruising, 16 not cruising

As I was reading the posts, I notice some many things that I have encoungered! We initially booked our wedding cruise only 4 months after being engaged (we have been together for 6 years, so we didn't feel like we were rushing), but then...our parents got involved and convinced us that lots of people would like to go, but would need extra time to pay for the cruise. So, now almost a year later, I have less than three months to go!

We are planning to have a reception when we return home, but I am so excited about getting some sun! Unfortunately, we will not have our ceremony where I originally planned, St. Thomas, because my fiancee's grandmother, who lives in Miami, says she is too old to cruise. So, we will be married in port. I was willing to make this compromise, and actually, it has worked out for the best because several people will get to come aboard to watch the ceremony and leave. This is also a good way let me eat what I want, so I don't have to watch my weight on the cruise :) and to start relaxing sooner!

I was initally very worried about RR, but I have actually had no problems with them thus far! I think people sort of prefer to talk about the bad rathe than the good on this board. If you have a hard time when you call, just call back and try to speak to someone else. I have learned that is you poor on the sugar and are assertive, you will get your needs met. With that being said, I am not a very picky bride and I do not anticipate worrying about small details on my special day. If you are that type of person...you might have more trouble.

Hi Everyone!

Wedding Date: We are looking at October, 2006, but we haven't made reservations yet. Which sucks!:mad: but we don't have the $$$ until beginning of Jan. Hopefully, that month won't be filled up by then.

Ship: I think I am going to go with the NCL Spirit, but Carnival Legend is also a possibility.

Planning Stage: Nothing really since I don't have a date yet. But I have been looking at dresses, invitations, you name it I have looked for it, all online!:eek:

Can you go around RCCL for flowers or is that out of the question? Also brides - head's up - since we have two rooms booked for four people on the cruise - this is where they told us we would have to get dressed - 3 girls in one and 5 guys in the other. Seems small - anyone hear anything to the contrary?

We finally booked the ceremony on the Caribbean Princess & found out there are two other ceremonies that day (9/25/06). I was really suppressed by that, but I'm happy we were able to get the time slot we wanted.

dejavucruise:

I'm working on filling out all of the paperwork. Is there a way to find out what the flower bouquet options look like (other than "round" & "cascading")? Do you know anything about ceremonies on deck, like can we have music or do we need to bring a CD player or anything.

I suppose the next step is thinking about a reception. We get married at 11:00 AM and we're thinking about a sit down lunch in one of the dining rooms after the ceremony followed by a cocktail & cake reception with dancing in the afternoon...maybe in Skywalkers.

Just over 11 months to go :D

I was initally very worried about RR, but I have actually had no problems with them thus far! I think people sort of prefer to talk about the bad rathe than the good on this board. If you have a hard time when you call, just call back and try to speak to someone else. I have learned that is you poor on the sugar and are assertive, you will get your needs met. With that being said, I am not a very picky bride and I do not anticipate worrying about small details on my special day. If you are that type of person...you might have more trouble.

Thank you for your advice, WinterEscape! :) I will try to keep pouring on the sugar and not add any spice. I had one little problem with the wedding contract. I faxed the signed contract and spoke to the rep. to confirm he received it. A week later I received a call from another rep that they had not received the fax, she put me on hold to find out it was on the other rep's desk. When I started reading all the board commits it added to my fears. But, I don't want a big teadous wedding. I had that the first time and it did not work out. I want to have a fun, romantic, relaxing wedding! That is what my fiance and I are hoping for!!!

wedatsea06 -

If you would like, I can email you pictures that will help answer your questions about flowers. My sister was married this past April and had the round boquet that is included with the package. I have also received pictures from a bride who upgraded to the cascading boquet...spending about $75 for the upgrade. They are very different, so seeing them for yourself is probably best. If you respond with an email address, I'd be happy to send them on!

As for the music, it's a question I too have. I am going to try to contact kadiebug, someone who was also married on the Carribean Princess and posted a review on these boards. She had her wedding on the deck by the back pool, where we are hoping to be married as well, so if I learn anything I'll let you know!

Sara

wedatsea06 -

If you would like, I can email you pictures that will help answer your questions about flowers. My sister was married this past April and had the round boquet that is included with the package. I have also received pictures from a bride who upgraded to the cascading boquet...spending about $75 for the upgrade. They are very different, so seeing them for yourself is probably best. If you respond with an email address, I'd be happy to send them on!

As for the music, it's a question I too have. I am going to try to contact kadiebug, someone who was also married on the Carribean Princess and posted a review on these boards. She had her wedding on the deck by the back pool, where we are hoping to be married as well, so if I learn anything I'll let you know!

Sara

Sara - can you email me the pic's as well? would love to see them... gooseylou22@yahoo.com

Wedding Date: June 26, 2006

Sail Date: June 24,2006July 1, 2006

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Planning Stage: Last week we booked our cruise and booked our wedding date on the Caribbean Princess. I am so excited to have that step done! It takes some pressure off! This is my first cruise and I am really excited plus I’m getting married (can’t get better than that!).

Sara- could you please email me pictures of the flowers? I would love to see what choices I have (craizedcutie84@yahoo.com). All the advice I can get would me much appreciated!

2006 is coming fast!!! Only a couple months for you January brides! :p

1. Hi everyone, we are getting married in the port of New York

Wedding Date: July15, 2006 Ship: Carnival Legend Sail Date: July 15-23 The planning stages so far is booked wedding with sit down luncheon and booked cruise. I have also send my save the date letter and magnet.:) Karita

Not to rain on your parade, but you may want to check out my posting, in this section "
Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises"
titled
"Carnival Ruined My Wedding"
This is one of the most important days of your life and Carnival ruined mine.
We sailed on the Legend in Sept. and were supposed to be married 1 of the 1st 2 days at sea on the ship with the remaining being our honeymoon, of course. They screwed everything up and never performed our ceremony. They blamed it on everything from the cake to the photographer to the capt. I was having a different ceremony than you, as you are having yours in port but I would be very leary of Carnival period, especially the Legend. If you do searches for things like "Carnival Complaints" on the web you will find tons of stories similar to mine. Feel free to read my post. Several people have replied about their misfortune with Carnival as well and many have replied to me with advice. So far Carnival has stated they would do nothing!!!! We planned this for quite sometime and spent all our "wedding" money on something that ended up being a mere vacation. A crappy one at that! (can't really have fun in the caribbean when you're trying to keep your hair & nails looking nice and not get crazy tan lines for your strapless dress, so that you have beautiful wedding photos). We spent the entire cruise thinking "ok tomorrow we'll have our ceremony!". My gown is still hanging in a garment bag, never worn. I'm sure it will be awhile before we can save up to plan something else. It's ashame Carnival managed to ruin such an important day. I hope it all goes well for you. Atleast you've been warned. Also check out this site

Sara...thanks for the photos.

How's planning going for everyone? I don't really feel stressed, but I do have a lot of unanswered questions about how the day will go. I'm trying to think of this as an opportunity to let go and try not to be so controlling. I'm considering closing my eyes and checking a bunch of boxes that way everything will be a surprise and I won't have any preconceived expectations. I know we'll have a great time and in the long run, I don't think there's any single detail that will ruin our experience. As long as our family & friends are there we'll be happy.

Are people planning receptions? Using DJ's? Making gift bags? What's up cruisin' brides?

• 2 weeks later...

For staters here's our info:

;)

Wedding Date: October 3, 2006

Sail Date: October 3, to October 11, 2006

Ship: Carnival Legend from NYC

Planning Stage: cruise booked, Save The Date magnet with cruising info trifold pamphlet (made by we) already mailed, have also already purchased invites (to be made by we) and favors. WOW... There's still soo much to do. Have done some dress shopping but nothing yet.

A bit about "we", we've been together for 5 plus years and got engaged on May 1, 2004. We decided on Carnival before we were ever engaged while on vacation with family and friends in October 2002.

Needless to say, after attempting to have the "traditional" local reception hall wedding, we went with what we first came up with, a cruise wedding. We decided on a date this August and booked our cabin and wedding date. We will be getting married on October 3, at port, so friends and fam can choose if they want to cruise or simply attend the wedding. So far, we have 14 cruisers with more to come, and a guest list of slightly over 65.

We're going with an autumn theme because we LOVE the autumn and the brilliant colors of the season, and nothing beats autumn in NYC.

So, now that you all know a bit about "we", I look forward to reading and sharing great ideas with you all.;)

icon1.gif I've read alot of great comments and ideas. You are all really helpful and great.

r1forbgirl ~ So sorry to read about your horrifying experience. Try to remember to you are legally married and it truly is about you two. ;)

wedatsea06 ~ We're having the Cocktail reception, either in the piano lounge or in Satchmo's lounge (haven't decided on location yet), we're planning on OTT bags but not completely sure what we're putting in them yet. Will keep you posted on my plans if it'll help any.:)

star24 ~ I know about the $$$ situation and it is stressful:D. I hate to add to your stress but feel the need to share my info. I read that you plan on either Carnival of NCL in October of 2006. Carnival Legend performs one wedding at port, therefore, you may want to call them and see what dates they have available as of yet. My concern was that due to there policy of one wedding per port in NYC I would be without a "good" date so I booked this past August. Not sure about NCL but I wish you luck in your booking. Keep us posted. Good Luck!:)

Hi B&GLEGEND2006

I am also getting married on the Legend in July out of New York. 50 non-sailing and about 15 sailing. We did the save the date magnets and we bought the invitation ( message in a bottle ) to be given out in February.:D i am so excited.

Hi B&GLEGEND2006

I am also getting married on the Legend in July out of New York. 50 non-sailing and about 15 sailing. We did the save the date magnets and we bought the invitation ( message in a bottle ) to be given out in February.:D i am so excited.

Hey Karita,

I'm also quite excited... Cool invite... Have you gone dress shopping yet? I started but nothing gets me. Search continues. Lot of Luck..

Archived