2006 Brides/Grooms Please Post Here

Illinoisgal-

We chose the deluxe package because I wanted a longer reception (not that an hour and a half is that long!). We will have several non-cruising guests (even some flying from Colorado just to come to the ceremony) and I wanted to make it as worth it for them as possible. I think the ice sculpture sounds nice too and I'm not sure about the apps either. I guess if they're not good everyone can go eat somewhere else on the ship afterward! Do you know what type of apps they have? I hadn't heard anything specific. We are doing MIB invites too but we are making them ourselves--much less expensive. We found bottles at Michaels for $1 each and the sand/shells will be a few dollars for the whole batch of invites. We are going to print the invitations on our home printer. We made a sample and it looked really cute.

I didnt know Michaels had them, I will have to go check it out. I thought about the deluxe as well, longer plus the open bar. All of our guests are crusing with us, so it will be fun. I know I am going to add either a live steel drum band if we do it on Island or the string trio if on ship. I saw some webshots pictures of a few weddings on Carnival they were done very nice and one did silk petals on each side of the runner which looked quite nice. the food buffet was neat too with the carvings or frit and ice, butno one ever posted about what the food options were. Did you book your package yet?/ You think they would give people some details :) A girls gotta plan and all. Did you get a good group booking?/

We booked our package and I was really excited. Many of our guests will be cruising with us too so it will be so much fun! About two weeks after I booked I got a packet with a contract and forms to request extras (music, flowers,etc) and some license info. It didn't have much detail though--you're right, you'd think they would be a little more willing to let people know what's going on. It is stressful to know that we won't really know anything until a few weeks before the wedding. Thank goodness for cruisecritic and theknot's DW board! I had no idea that I might need/want table decorations,cake topper, OOT bags, etc,etc,etc:eek: !!!! This might turn out to be much more expensive than I originally planned!

I dont plan on doing the gift bags etc. I want it to be nice in a laid back sorta way. We got stuff from a few weddings pencils etc, Someone said on a thread here they got a bag of orchid petals for 4.50 and just put them around the cake. the cake was beautiful, not like what i thought they would be like. My df makes good money and I am finally starting too so we may add extras as it gets closer, but I am happy to be cruising. I love this board too. I found it before my first cruise which was on your ship. the Glory sure was great.

Have the 2 of you been on any other cruises? This will be our third, we did 2 in 2004 but none last year. We did however buy a new car and a new house so that was nice too. It was 60 here yesterday so far the winter has been mild here. Hows the weather over there?? tomorrow it is forecast for around 45. Shawn get to go to florida next week for work, and is in Texas tonight, so he is warm. I just hope for a managable gas bill this month. Its sad when your heating bill is more than a months car payment, good thing we are warm blooded here. Well its late and I am obviously rambling....

The orchids are a great idea. I would like to get a fresh flower cake topper as well but I don't know if that's allowed. We have cruised once before in 2004 on the Imagination. We had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again. We didn't go last year either because we also bought a house and car--funny how much we seem to have in common! The weather here has been really nice, high 50's and 60's but windy. No snow in sight! Anyway, my email address is steveandbrooke1111@msn.com (no spam please) if you want to chat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone- hey Brooke AKA Stevesgirl(

I have to email you back , questions about the add and such :)

- How is everyone? this past week has been so crazy I havent had time to post let alone read anything new that was happening here.

it was 60 her in Illinois today! This weekend Riley and I are going with Shawns cousins and kids to the Wisconsion dells for the indoor hotel and water parks should be fun. I have lsot 6 lbs so far!!!! I cant wait for a burger on the Lido deck thought:D

Hey there, happy couples!! I am happy to say this will be my first cruise...and my first wedding. :D Anyways, this is really a neat forum subject, so here goes the info:

Date: April 15

Cruise Date: April 16-22

Ship: Carnival Pride (Mexican Riviera)

Hey, I have a question. If anyones ever been on the Mexican Riviera cruise or even been to any of the stops on the cruise (Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan) during their honeymoon, you probably know how nice it is to find a nice secluded beach to yourselves...If anyone knows any good spots please let me know. I know it sounds like a strange question, but my fiance and I love to be alone on the beach and we've never been to Mexico so we really would appreciate the info.

Hey, I have a question. If anyones ever been on the Mexican Riviera cruise or even been to any of the stops on the cruise (Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan) during their honeymoon, you probably know how nice it is to find a nice secluded beach to yourselves...If anyone knows any good spots please let me know. I know it sounds like a strange question, but my fiance and I love to be alone on the beach and we've never been to Mexico so we really would appreciate the info.

Congratulations on your wedding!! If nobody here is able to answer your question, check out the "destination" boards on here! I'm sure there's a ton of info on there, or you can ask about it :)

Ok so it has been the week from HE** this week.. Anyone want to just go on a cusie right now?? :) Im not picky Ill go anywhere. I went to the Dells for the weekend ( 4 days) came home and our new shower was peeling off the walls ( 4 piece surround) guess whoever installed it just used silicone, not adhesive, so no shower for me. Shawn is on Miami for work, so Im here smelly and cold . so today I went to Lowes and ordered slate look ceramic tiles and am going to tile the walls for the shower.

They did add choc and champagne to our list of perks for my group cruise though,

so everyone else doing good??/

I too am getting married this summer! We will spend 7 days in the Caribbean visiting San Juan PR, St Thomas and St Martten. I am planning to get married on Megans Beach-possibly by a private company -any other suggestions besides Cheryl Tomer??

Ship-Carnival Triumph

Sail Date-July 29th 2006-Aug 5th

There are about 14 family members who have already made thier deposists I am expecting about 30total-so it should be a great event!

If anyone is looking for a cool dress idea check out allyouneedtowear dot com. they have great sarongs!

I need ideas for cute/inexpensive souveniers or gifts for al of the guests...any ideas?

~Amanda

Hi All,

My wedding day is fast approaching.

May 15, 2006

Carribean Princess

We are getting married the second day at sea on the deck. I haven't seen any other posts for that sailing. I know there are other weddings that week.

Good Luck to all the 06 brides. Don't be too stressed out!:eek:

Ok so it has been the week from HE** this week..

I hear ya there.... I have major deadlines at work, and stuff just keeps piling up on me.. And being sick during this whole deal hasn't helped! :p

Maybe we need a "2006 brides" weekend getaway cruise - this weekend? What do you think ;)

Well my fever is gone Yeah!! But no water in the house though. Shawns step dad and friend are coming over. how is it that both bathroom have leaks at the same time, one under the vanity and one in the wall??

Im so ready for the cruise. Just think 2 brook's getting married at the same place and same time, just different ship

I've been researching myself to death worrying that our wedding and or cruise is going to turn out horrible. I'm glad to have found other folks taking the plunge and doing it while on a cruise. Hopefully, I'll have more questions in the future but for now I'm just glad to have the support group!

(I sound like a nervous bride but I'm the Groom!)

Chris

Date: April 15

Cruise Date: April 16-22

Ship: Carnival Pride (Mexican Riviera)

Hey, I have a question. If anyones ever been on the Mexican Riviera cruise or even been to any of the stops on the cruise (Puerto Vallarta, Cabo, and Mazatlan)

:D

First off, Congratulations! My fiance and I are also getting married on the Pride but on June 4th (3 weeks after you) I can tell you we have been to Cabo previously and the beaches there that are nice for swimming aren't secluded. There is a beach called "Lover's Beach" on the other side of the land's end arch that may be a great photo opp.

Hopefully, we can share some insight into planning, etc since we are on the same ship.

Which package did you guys choose? We chose the deluxe romance package and have about 20 total guests for the wedding and reception.

Hi all.. thought I would chime in... just found this message board.

Wedding date: March 11, 2006

Sail date: March 11-18, 2006

Ship: Carnival Glory, Western Caribbean

I think I would have been fine with just the two of us at our wedding, but we decided we should invite a few others and therefore we will do it at sunrise on the ground, then immediately take off in a hot air balloon.

Outdoor wedding in denim and lace. Found some neat "Just Married" denim baseball caps that I will present to my bride as we are leaving the reception.

Parasailing in Key West, Zip lining and cave tubing in Belize, Snorkeling in Costa Maya. Any other suggestions while in those cities? Only the Belize excursion is set in stone.

Nice thread!

I am getting married in Key West on 11/24, while on a 4 night cruise on Celebrity Century.

I decided to plan the ceremony myself in port as I think it would be more romantic in Key West than on the ship. It is also much less expensive and the cruise lines use many of the same venues, florists.

This is a family cruise so we are not making it our honeymoon. That will a Christmas trip to Salzburg and Munich, the most romantic places at the holidays that I have ever visited!

Hello Brides. I will getting married on May 24, 06 in Ocho Rios. We are going on the Mariner of the Seas RCCL. Good to know I have a place to go to ask question. The only one I have is where can we see any pictures of the locatons that we will be getting married at?? If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks and good luck to all you Brides!!!

Whew! As of last night I'm getting married on St Paddy's Day...:) .. an Irish Pub Night wedding.. since we are both Irish and then taking our already planned April cruise on the Sensation as our honeymoon!!

So the "hoster" here has also become the "poster".. anyone else plan a wedding in 7 weeks?????:eek: :eek:

If we can get the winery where we want to have it, it's pretty much done as of today.. got the guest list, invite person to work, "First song" singer, wedding party and Irish toast...and the attire ex. mine...

I still need pinched... good thing I will have a month to recover before the honeymoon on Sensation. would be too exhausted to enjoy it after this whirlwind! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to all!

Wedding date: November 12, 2006

Sailing date: November 11, 2006

Crown Princess

I'm working with "The Wedding Experience" and getting married in St Thomas. So far TWE has been great. But my wedding plans are simple - no guests. Anyone else working with TWE? I didn't want to go with a coordinator specific to St Thomas just in case something happens and we don't get to that port, TWE will arrange our ceremony somewhere else on the same cruise.

We have a balcony cabin and I was thinking of hanging a "just married" sign off the balcony - good idea or stupid?

Archived