2006 Brides/Grooms Please Post Here

Happy Planning-Legend Brides.

I was married on the Legend on May 29th. A wonderful time. I had the Piano Player in Billie's Bar with the Wedding in the Chapel. The buffet and open bar served ulimited food and drinks. The elegant cocktail party reception encouraged mingling.

Your music choice and wedding size will determine the reception room.

If you have 35-40 or under, you may get married in the Chapel. More than that and you might end up having the Ceremony in Satchomo's or the Firebird Lounge.

For invitations--you might want to check out mypersonalartist.com. Also, we sent a Christmas Letter on Tropical Christmas paper from directpaper.com to update guests and invitees on the wedding plans.

Be sure to bring your own cake topper. For a nautical theme, try sculpturedglass.com.

Hi engagedatsea,

Thanks for the info. I was told I could sign a waiver to have the ceremony in the chapel with more than 40 guest, I'll see how that goes. Could you give us information on the piano lounge set up and possibly picture package prices? Also, are you willing to share your wedding pics? I'd love to see what the Piano lounge looks like and actual wedding ceremony photos.

If you don't mind to much my add is angelike721@verizon.net.;)

I haven't uploaded my pictures yet and the CD drive on this computer dosen't work. My brother-in-law did our video and it is great. He got the cake cutting and best man's toast along with the piano music. We paid Carnival $800 for our pictures. We elected to spend most of our time at our reception and not taking pictures. We have about 80 pictures in an album and one blown up into a canvas.

I had 32 people at my wedding and the Chapel was full. I have heard of a wedding with 48 people in the Chapel. 65 would never fit.

The Piano bar was intimate. I would not go with more than 50 to 60 or so people. The buffet is great and set up nicely with carved fruit flowers and the ice sculpture. It is a bit dark. But Carnival will do your family photos outside of the Piano Bar. They have canvas backgrounds set up especially for family pictures and indidual pictures. Be sure to ask to go up on deck for pictures. The Chapel pictures during the ceremony are great.

Hello ladies, what a great idea for a thread!!

First I'd like to say congrats........2006 will be here before you know it. I don't know how many of you ladies are from new york, but if you are, there's a great website http://www.liweddings.com (laid out much better than theknot.com & friendlier girls, lots of helpful info)....

Although we're not getting married on a ship, we took 3 cruises together & we're taking our honeymoon on Carnival's Liberty July 18, 2006.

Our wedding date: July 15, 2006 (Karita, we're date twins!!!)

We're getting married at a catering hall on Long Island

We're flying into Rome a day b4 our cruise & then taking the Liberty out of Rome (12 day Mediterranean Cruise) & then going to Ireland for 7 days (we've never been!)

Can't wait....Best of luck planning ladies

Hi everyone,

I just passed the one year mark and I am jealous of all of you who are getting married sooner! We are getting married on the Carnival Glory on 11-11-06. We can't wait! We just sent out "save the date" packets to our friends and family with our engagement story and cruise pricing/info. We wanted everyone to have as much time as possible to save. Congrats to everyone!

Anyone cruised on the Glory before?

• 3 weeks later...

We got engaged on the Glory. It was our first cruise and we had a great time, so great in fact that we decided to get married on another cruise (Princess this time). We were really impressed by the food & entertainment. You’ll have a great time, I’ll do my best to answer any of your questions.

My dress came in today and I went to try it on for the first time. I’m so excited…October seems so far away (we sail 10/23/05) but I can’t wait.

Thanks for the advice wedatsea! We are going to stay in a balcony room so we will definately do that. I am so glad to hear that you enjoy the Glory. It is always scary to read posts from people who are unhappy with their experiences.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! One of my friends just came back from her honeymoon on Princess and she said that it was AMAZING! Almost made me wish that I had picked Princess instead of Carnival but oh well! Do you have pics of your dress? I just got my dress recently too! :D

It's been a while! How exciting to read about and share the pix from so many memorable weddings.

We finally committed to July 30, 06 aboard the Freedom. If next summer mirrors the last 2, we will be in for a whirlwind of weather in July. I will not however let Mother Nature ruin my day. She is the one factor that cannot be controlled by anyone. For various reasons, July worked out to be the best month for us.

I would like to ask those who have been down this road how they handled invitations. Did you send invites as you would have a traditional ceremony or only to those you knew would be in attendance? RCCL allows 75 non-sailing guests, if you exceed that number do you call it on a first come, first respond basis? To the "brides to be" , how are you handling your invites? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

keep the great ideas and experiences coming.

And Happy holidays to everyone!

It's been a while since I last posted, but it's been busy. Here it is the end of the year already, time flies!! We have moved up our wedding from July 17th to June 5th. We sail from NJ on the Explorer of the Seas. No flying! yipee. We are getting married in a private villa in St. Thomas and Cheryl Toner is our coordinator. She has been great, answering all my e-mails and just being so helpful and providing alot of information. It will be us, my parents, 2 daughters and sister sailing with us.

Being that our cruise is 9 days, people have opted to fly to St. Thomas for the ceremony. We will have a small reception on June 24th. It's going to have a caribbean theme. I am really excited about everything so far. Dress has been ordered, waiting for it to arrive.

Well that's it for now. If any one has any suggestions on a photographer/videographer in St. Thomas, please share.

Hey there,

I dont' think that I've posted on this thread yet. We're getting married on Captiva Island...then that night we're flying down to San Juan...we'll be there Friday night and our cruise on the Adventure leaves Sunday. We're excited to have one full day in SJU before starting the cruise.

We have our venue picked out, my dress, the cake...still need to do the invites, the photographer, hotel and flight for the honeymoon, flowers. After we get all those, we'll feel better and more on top of it.

It's so much planning...he's moving from Ft Myers to Orlando, starting a business, building a house, selling both of our houses, planning a wedding and honeymoon....uggg. And...all of this will be done by the end of the summer. Wish us luck...we need it.

Traci:)

Hi Everyone!

Although a cruise was my fiance's first choice for a wedding site, I felt it would be too cost prohibitive for many of the guests to come to. Maybe that was why she suggested that. Anyway...we're still taking a cruise for a honeymoon.

Wedding stats...

Wedding Date: May 6, 2006

Wedding site: My church in Indianapolis

Honeymoon: Leave May 10 for Montreal and board Holland America's ms Maasdam for their 7 day Canada/New England cruise on May 13 and land in Boston May 20. This will be my first ever cruise and her 3rd on as many cruise lines.

I can't wait!!

rara0506

My wedding is Dec 5, 2006. We are in touch with Fantasia Weddings in St. Thomas. The lady that is doing the wedding is also the coordinator. Her name is Debra Williams. She seems to know her stuff. I have not really done a lot of changes being I still have a lot of time.

What day is your wedding and who is doing the wedding?

Hi everyone,

I just passed the one year mark and I am jealous of all of you who are getting married sooner! We are getting married on the Carnival Glory on 11-11-06. We can't wait! We just sent out "save the date" packets to our friends and family with our engagement story and cruise pricing/info. We wanted everyone to have as much time as possible to save. Congrats to everyone!

Anyone cruised on the Glory before?

Hi I am getting married on that same day on the Elation. I also took the glory as my first cruise. I loved that ship, so big, so much food, I do like the layouts better on the newer ships, no having to go thru cabin areas to get to puble places and such.

Congratulations Illinoisgal! I am glad to hear that you liked the glory! It still seems like such a long time away but it has already been almost 3 months since we booked so I guess it is going really quickly. What package did you purchase? What have you done so far? I am having a little bit of a hard time with the fact that we have so little control over everything but I know that it will all be wonderful in the end:D

rara0506

My wedding is Dec 5, 2006. We are in touch with Fantasia Weddings in St. Thomas. The lady that is doing the wedding is also the coordinator. Her name is Debra Williams. She seems to know her stuff. I have not really done a lot of changes being I still have a lot of time.

What day is your wedding and who is doing the wedding?

Debra is doing ours also. I have reserved the Hibiscus package, and will be adding some things once we have a final head count. Has she discussed mucic with you? I haven't yet and I would really like to bring my own CD and also have my maid of Honor sing.

Rara

I have not done any upgrades yet. I know I need to do some (as far as flowers go and cake.) Music, however, we have not really talked about. This was supose to be small an intimate, but it is not turning out so. I do know to hire their music, their lowest one is like 300-400.

Our other hold up is my FI has been divorced before and we can not find his divorce papers. He was not divorced around here and no one in the state he is married & divorced in wants to help in any way. That is our other hold up with making upgrades. I want to find that before I make changes.

Congratulations Illinoisgal! I am glad to hear that you liked the glory! It still seems like such a long time away but it has already been almost 3 months since we booked so I guess it is going really quickly. What package did you purchase? What have you done so far? I am having a little bit of a hard time with the fact that we have so little control over everything but I know that it will all be wonderful in the end:D

Well we decided around Thanksgiving to do the cruise instead of what we had planned, alot cooler and cheaper!!! We are paying for 8 cabins so i have been busy getting all of there info etc. we finally booked right before Christmas, so now I am trying to decide about ship vs shore weddings etc. I hope to do it in Nassua, but they havea few quirks about getting married there so I may not want to worry about something going wrong.

I did find really cute invites/ reception back home at messageinabottle.com. What package did you choose? I like the idea of an ice sculpture but I dont know about the apps and such as they have such wonderful food anyways . If i emember the apps were kinda weird sounding. Hmmm more to check on. Only 312 more days!!!!!!!

Archived