Edit Thread Title......

sail7seas

I can't remember in which thread this question came up but some doubted there is a way to edit a Title of a Thread here.

I just 'tested' to be sure I was correct in saying it is possible.

During the 15 or so minutes permitted to edit a post, you can click on 'edit' at the bottom of your post.

If you wish to edit the thread title, after clicking 'edit', you then double click on 'go advanced' and you can edit the title.

This is only for a limited number of minutes.

I would have put this in the thread where it was discussed but can't find it. Sorry.

Thanks Sail - I did try it one thread where I had an error and it didn't work. Perhaps CC had a problem at the time? The correction showed in my edit but when I saved it, it was exactly as it was before:confused: Glad it worked for you:D

I posted this thread title and then went to edit, double click 'go advanced' and I added the thumbs up sign. It is present in the title now but was not before the editing.

Did you double click, Jacqui?

I posted this thread title and then went to edit, double click 'go advanced' and I added the thumbs up sign. It is present in the title now but was not before the editing.

I believe so - but it was a while ago when I tried it Judy. Back then cc was having problems so this might have been part of it. If I recall a kind cc member told me how to do it as I posted on the thread I had made an error. I followed the instructions to a t. Can't remember if I double clicked - the changes were there until I saved. Maybe that was the problem.

Glad it's working though and thanks:D

I can't remember in which thread this question came up but some doubted there is a way to edit a Title of a Thread here.

I just 'tested' to be sure I was correct in saying it is possible.

During the 15 or so minutes permitted to edit a post, you can click on 'edit' at the bottom of your post.

If you wish to edit the thread title, after clicking 'edit', you then double click on 'go advanced' and you can edit the title.

This is only for a limited number of minutes.

I would have put this in the thread where it was discussed but can't find it. Sorry.

Thanks for the Info Sail...I never knew this could be done..

Cheers...:)Betty

Happy it was helpful. :)

Good info Sail. IN the past it was believed the Title could only be changed by the Hosts. At least we know it is possible, if only for a short time.

Now the problem is: Will I remember 6 months from now how to edit the title unless I copy & save Sails suggestion to word & my Docs? Then it will take me days to find it in my doc's..I've always been a visual person & can usually remember how to do things, if I can see it in writing..Does anyone else find their document folders are overflowing? :eek::eek: LOL

When we travel we never take a computer, usa a cell phone on board & I've never purchased Internet service while on a cruise..

Now going crazy trying to figure out how to use our brand new laptop on board, just to check our bills, & checking account for our 68 day cruise in Jan..Think I should take it on our Nov. cruise & perhaps take a few classes on board..

Thanks again for the tip..

I may be the least tech savvy person on CC but I can promise you using your laptop on board is easy. As the saying goes........ "If I can do it..... " :)

I bring a netbook on every cruise.

I usually sign up for our internet account at the Explorations Cafe the first day/evening as I find it fast and easy to click the 'new user' tab and we get our package. (If you sign up first day, you get bonus minutes.)

Once you have the package, it is so easy to log in when you wish to use your laptop anywhere on the ship where you get a signal.

Turn it on; click the wifi symbol in your tool bar and the ship's log in box will appear. Enter your name and cabin number/password and you are all set.

BE SURE TO LOG OFF.

When you use your own laptop, just shutting down does not disconnect you from ship's Wifi and if you do not log out, you will eat up your minutes until you actually log out.

I enter http://1.1.1.1 in address box.

That logs me out and a confirmation page will appear telling you how many minutes you used and how many remain in your package.

Voila......

Easy. :)

I should add that you do not have to buy the package from the Explorations Cafe computers. You absolutely can buy it on your computer. We are just in the habit of doing it that way as we like to go to the Cafe, DH picks a book or two and I sign up for our Internet. Just a pattern/routine of ours.

I may be the least tech savvy person on CC but I can promise you using your laptop on board is easy. As the saying goes........ "If I can do it..... " :)

I bring a netbook on every cruise.

I usually sign up for our internet account at the Explorations Cafe the first day/evening as I find it fast and easy to click the 'new user' tab and we get our package. (If you sign up first day, you get bonus minutes.)

Once you have the package, it is so easy to log in when you wish to use your laptop anywhere on the ship where you get a signal.

Turn it on; click the wifi symbol in your tool bar and the ship's log in box will appear. Enter your name and cabin number/password and you are all set.

BE SURE TO LOG OFF.

When you use your own laptop, just shutting down does not disconnect you from ship's Wifi and if you do not log out, you will eat up your minutes until you actually log out.

I enter http://1.1.1.1 in address box.

That logs me out and a confirmation page will appear telling you how many minutes you used and how many remain in your package.

Voila......

Easy. :)

I should add that you do not have to buy the package from the Explorations Cafe computers. You absolutely can buy it on your computer. We are just in the habit of doing it that way as we like to go to the Cafe, DH picks a book or two and I sign up for our Internet. Just a pattern/routine of ours.

WOW..Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...I just copied & pasted your posts to my Docs & will take it on both cruises..

Are you able to print out any things on the ships printers from your PC.?

Two of our most important things will be our Bank statement & our Credit Card statement..

Thanks again Sail..

No, Betty.

You cannot print from your personal computer on ship's printer but you CAN print if you have used the ship's computer in Exploration's Cafe. It used to be 25 cents per page but the price recently was doubled to 50 cents per page. There have been times when DH needed messages and documents sent from his office printed and it was fast and easy. No problem at all. Just go to Explorations Cafe and use one of their computers.

No, Betty.

You cannot print from your personal computer on ship's printer but you CAN print if you have used the ship's computer in Exploration's Cafe. It used to be 25 cents per page but the price recently was doubled to 50 cents per page. There have been times when DH needed messages and documents sent from his office printed and it was fast and easy. No problem at all. Just go to Explorations Cafe and use one of their computers.

Thanks Sail, I'll do that!

Betty

Archived