Cirque Dreams and Dinner

ihopfar

My wife is very excited to go to the Cirque Dreams and Dinner when we sail on the Breakaway.

I am a little hesitant. My main hesitation is I thought a read awhile back that they ask you not to get up from your seat. I also thought that the whole thing (dinner/show) is about two hours long.

For those who have gone while on the Epic:

1. Is it true you cannot get up?

2. If so, is that for 2 hours or is it for less time?

I probably won't have to get up, but when you tell me I have to stay in one place for 2 hours, I get a little anxiety just knowing I can't get up if I wanted to. (Am I the only one?)

Thanks,

Brad

You can get up. No worries. They don't WANT you to because of the waiter and actors in motion, but you're certainly not "trapped". I seem to remember its 90 minutes or so, not 2 hours.

We had a great time

Ditto on Mike's comments. My recollection is the same, about 90 minutes, and do recall a few people leaving their seats, some of whom did not return. Leaving early should be no problem if that situation presented itself, since that would be a one way trip. Restroom visits of course would present the bigger problem, as you may need to coordinate the trip so as not to be in an aisle while an actor is entering or leaving the venue. I would seek some help from our server if I needed to get up.

FYI: The Epic had a large bar staff backstage to handle drink orders, so no need to get up for that.

We were also told no could get up but we had our 7 year old grandson who had to go to the bathroom so someone just got up and took him there. The cirque cost is $25 per person or $35 per person for the premium upstairs seating on the Epic.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful information.

So, if there is balcony, as well as floor seating, does the balcony (premium?) not have the performers running through the aisles and thus does not have the restriction of leaving your seat?

Thanks again,

Brad

Thanks everyone for all the helpful information.

So, if there is balcony, as well as floor seating, does the balcony (premium?) not have the performers running through the aisles and thus does not have the restriction of leaving your seat?

Thanks again,

Brad

MOST seating, both balcony and downstairs, is Premium, with the back booths downstairs being Standard. We were seated upstairs, no performers running through, etc, but always busy with servers in the narrow aisle. We never tried to get up, but I don't think it would have been a problem up there.

Robin

Gee, I guess they realized that the balcony is the place to sit because when I booked it during the innaugural season it was not premium seating. Glad I saw it then because I wouldn't want to pay another dime for that trainwreck. Cirque de Bijou on the Norwegian Jewel was more enjoyable and didn't cost extra to see.

Archived