FCD's - New Terms Begin on Friday

sail7seas

You can go to the HAL web site, get on the chat line, and ask that the pdf of the " New FCD Program Details" be sent to you.

It will at least give you all the parameters for future cruise deposits, what length of of cruise qualifies and the appropriate OBC given for each cabin category.

You can go to the HAL web site, get on the chat line, and ask that the pdf of the " New FCD Program Details" be sent to you.

It will at least give you all the parameters for future cruise deposits, what length of of cruise qualifies and the appropriate OBC given for each cabin category.

Has anyone done that..... successfully? Anyone received the pdf?

;) this was directed to Lisa, or one of the other "in the know" ladies as maybe they could share the info with everyone instead of all of us calling HAL for the info is all I was thinking.. Besides HAL is closed now and I can't get any info tonight. No worries really.....

Has anyone done that..... successfully? Anyone received the pdf?

Yes, I have it and would be glad to post it but have no idea how to do it. If you want to send me an email I can forward it to you and if you know how you can post it.. send to jennyt1 at charter.net.

Yes, I have it and would be glad to post it but have no idea how to do it. If you want to send me an email I can forward it to you and if you know how you can post it.. send to jennyt1 at charter.net.

That's really nice of you but I'm not sure I know how to post a pdf. I post links but never pdf. My e-mail address is in my signature.

Hopefully someone else can help us. :)

Thank you for responding and being willing to share with all of us.

:)future cruises

Join us for a unique opportunity to discover the world — with incredible savings and extraordinary benefits.

Book your next Holland America

cruise on board and receive

Up to us$200 per person Shipboard

Credit

Reduced deposit

Greater availability

Limited time — on board only —

reduced deposit

Book on board and you can reserve your

next cruise at a reduced deposit. (If you

choose to take advantage of Holland

America’s Cancellation Protection Plan,

this payment will be due prior to the

cancellation period.) No additional

deposits will be due until time of final

payment. Should you need to cancel

your reservation, your reduced

deposit will be applicable to another

Holland America Line cruise during the

applicable period.

Your reduced deposit will be subject to

cancellation fees if the booking is cancelled

within the published cancellation period.

Euro bookings are subject to a 20 percent

cancellation fee and British pound sterling

bookings are subject to a 15 percent

cancellation fee once deposit, Future

Cruise Deposit or payment is applied.

Reduced deposit also available in

Australian and Canadian dollars, British

pound sterling and euro currencies.

Get the stateroom or suite

you want

When you book on board, you have a

much better opportunity of receiving

the stateroom or suite that best suits your

traveling style. This includes preferred

accommodations on our most popular

and unique itineraries. That’s because

your Future Cruise Consultant has

immediate access to Holland America’s

reservation system and can view all

Shipboard Credit per person 3 to 10 days 11 to 21 days 22 to 50 days 51+ days

Interior Stateroom/Ocean-view Stateroom $25 $50 $100 $150

Verandah (VQ–VH)$50 $75 $150 $200

Deluxe (PS–S, SA–SZ, A–BC) $50 $100 $150 $200

BQ classified as Verandah on ms Veendam. For complete terms and conditions, please see reverse side.

Length of cruise Future Cruise Deposit per person

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

51 days and greater$1,000

Not applicable for Grand World Voyage, Grand Voyages or segments thereof.

stateroom availabilities on all sailings.

The time to reserve your desired

stateroom, suite and dining preference

is now.

Your booking will be credited to

and finalized by your preferred

Travel Professional

Holland America Line will honor any

pricing or amenities that your Travel

Professional extends in addition to our

onboard offers.

That's really nice of you but I'm not sure I know how to post a pdf. I post links but never pdf. My e-mail address is in my signature.

Hopefully someone else can help us. :)

Thank you for responding and being willing to share with all of us.

Someone has already responded and promises to post it so keep watching!

We had 2 cruises booked using our current FCD's of $100 each as the deposit. As of now HAL has applied the higher shipboard credit and we do not have to pay the increased deposit for our 21+ day cruises.

Way to go HAL. Now that is great Customer Service.

We had 2 cruises booked using our current FCD's of $100 each as the deposit. As of now HAL has applied the higher shipboard credit and we do not have to pay the increased deposit for our 21+ day cruises.

Way to go HAL. Now that is great Customer Service.

How did you do this pray tell? Did you call HAL/your TA or did it just happen? I'd love to do the same thing if it's possible:);)

Thanks

How did you do this pray tell? Did you call HAL/your TA or did it just happen? I'd love to do the same thing if it's possible:);)

Thanks

I called my Cruise consultant for the one I booked through HAL and the agent at the travel agency for the one I booked through them. Just asked and it was done. Both said that the additional ship credit was already applied but there was a note that the extra money for deposit was due. In both cases without even asking, they said they will waive the additional deposit since I already had the FCC applied.

I called my Cruise consultant for the one I booked through HAL and the agent at the travel agency for the one I booked through them. Just asked and it was done. Both said that the additional ship credit was already applied but there was a note that the extra money for deposit was due. In both cases without even asking, they said they will waive the additional deposit since I already had the FCC applied.

Thanks very much.:):)

sail

On our Amsterdam cruise we just went down to FCC's desk -- had her get us 2 $100 deposits. She said that all she had to do was look up m credit card number and she would fill out the information and have it in the cabin the next day.

We were there less than 5 minutes.

that's all it ever took for us to get them... quick and e-z... we liked them.. pretty convenient for us at least

on our upcoming January cruises-- back to back to back --we had to use 3 FFC each as it is only bookable in segments 14 day.. 28 day.. 14 day

While Yes there are some down sides I see positives plus maybe because of my occupation I see this as a good thing and about time HAL started to make some changes.

HAL wants a little bit more of a True Committment. I know they are trying to work on a new type of pricing Structure that will make it far more enticing to book early and not cancel.

;)

that being said.. we noticed right off when HAL started the FCC that cruises that we would try to book were sold out for the cabins we wanted...and that was never the case... figured out that the FCC was the culprit.. people booking only using the $100 holding and tying up a cabin then canceling at the last minute at final payment.. not nice.. that could all be stopped if HAL would have instituted a forfeiture policy by booking that way...

that being said.. we noticed right off when HAL started the FCC that cruises that we would try to book were sold out for the cabins we wanted...and that was never the case... figured out that the FCC was the culprit.. people booking only using the $100 holding and tying up a cabin then canceling at the last minute at final payment.. not nice.. that could all be stopped if HAL would have instituted a forfeiture policy by booking that way...

I would never book a cruise in hope that I might be able to afford it one day (like has been mentioned here). I have booked a cruise with a $100 and have had to change mostly because work commitments changed. I would not be happy if HAL had a policy like that. I see Princess has some discounts on cruises from time to time where you would lose your deposit. It turns me right off of booking.

• 4 months later...

Since this thread has popped up again, I thought I'd share my recent experience. Just this month, I purchased a couple of the $250 deposits because I was told by the FCC they could also be used for the the 7 to 10 day cruises. She said it's ok to cruise smaller, just not bigger. With the $250's, I'm covered either way and not so limited in choosing my next cruise.

Since this thread has popped up again, I thought I'd share my recent experience. Just this month, I purchased a couple of the $250 deposits because I was told by the FCC they could also be used for the the 7 to 10 day cruises. She said it's ok to cruise smaller, just not bigger. With the $250's, I'm covered either way and not so limited in choosing my next cruise.

You can cruise bigger because we just booked bigger in December. I had purchased the $250 deposits on the NA in Nov. but then decided to take a 22 day cruise. We were allowed to upgrade our FCD's to $500 pp by paying the difference just as though we were still aboard. This is allowed and was explained to us by the FCC on the NA.

I think from now on we will just buy $100 deposits to get our feet in the door and then upgrade as needed.

This is probably irrelavent, but we were on board Ryndam a few weeks ago. Had an upleasant experience with the future cruise consultants on board. They were a couple.

We knew exactly what we wanted, but the female FCC was determined to change us to something else. She was what we down south call a "know it all" and very agressive.

We finally got the FCC purchase finished. When the paperwork came to the stateroom, sometime later, she had charged it to the wrong credit card.

It was impossible in untangle.

I have (had) a FCD of $250. Now Seattle is telling me it is only worth $200 without any explanation.I see now what the policy change is. I am fighting it;but,HAL is pretty adamant.

When did you purchase the $250 FCD? I thought they just became available not too long ago?

I have (had) a FCD of $250. Now Seattle is telling me it is only worth $200 without any explanation.I see now what the policy change is. I am fighting it;but,HAL is pretty adamant.

If they are saying that even though you paid $250.00 for a FCD they will only give you credit for $200.00 I do not understand how they can NOT offer an explanation. Actually I don't see how they could do it to begin with, but certainly not without an explanation. I'm pretty sure it isn't legal to sell somebody a voucher for $250.00 to be used against a future purchase at a value of $250.00 and then turn around and say "Oh, well, now it is only worth $200.00." (At least not unless there was some fine print somewhere that says "We reserve the right to steal your money at our discretion.")

Who is telling you that your FCD is worth only $200.00? "HAL" is not telling you that because "HAL" is not a person.

We depart on the NA tomorrow/Sunday, so we'll be on board for the "old and the new". We always buy FCD, but rarely know for which cruise we'll use them. Rest assured, I'll ask for a full explanation of the program changes and make FCD on Thursday or on Friday! I'll post whatever I know as soon as I find out.

Archived