Why did the Dream get shortchanged?

saltybones

Thanks for the info. We sailed on Dream in 2010 and never made it up to the pasta bar, although my husband took a peek and said it definitely looked good. Didn't realize it wasn't open for dinner. Open every day for lunch, or just sea days?

We sail again on Dream in a little over 2 weeks, so we'll definitely make a point of trying it out. :)

Thanks for the info. We sailed on Dream in 2010 and never made it up to the pasta bar, although my husband took a peek and said it definitely looked good. Didn't realize it wasn't open for dinner. Open every day for lunch, or just sea days?

We sail again on Dream in a little over 2 weeks, so we'll definitely make a point of trying it out. :)

It's open everyday for lunch. Check the funtimes each day for the hours.

I'll be sailing soon on the oldest ship in the fleet - for the 4th time.

No supper club; no comedy club; no big-screen TV; no Guy's burgers; no tequila bar; no rum bar; no regular balcony cabins.

I'm going to have a wonderful time in my nice, dark inside cabin and on the Serenity Deck!!!

Some people who cruise don't think more = better. Some of us actually like to spend those sea days relaxing and save our energy for doing things at the beautiful ports-of-call.

There are comedy clubs on all Carival ships.

I am guessing, as we haven't been on a ship that has Le Cucina, but I think that the restaurant has a regular dinner menu. On Dream the pasta bar is only open for lunch and has limited offerings.

I just wanted to comment on people coming from Lido to eat at the pasta bar. I know this is a touchy subject, but it seems to me to be unfair to those of us who want to get pasta for lunch. To have lunch at the Pasta bar, one needs a table as once the order is placed, a placard with a number is put on a table for the server to deliver the food.

When the place is pretty well filled with people from Lido instead of the pasta people, those desiring pasta can't get it. We don't go at noon or even 1PM, but most times the pasta bar is very crowded and people are looking for places to eat and the seats are filled with those with buffet food.

I am wondering if these people realize what is happening and that others can't get what they want for lunch because there is no place to sit? It's even worse when people eat their lunch from Lido, save the table, then go downstairs and bring back dessert. End of my rant and I know there are many who will disagree with me, and that's ok, I am just trying to point out something that perhaps people aren't thinking of---- until they want pasta.

It's true about many tables filled with lido buffet people. It's not too much fun having the stairs roped off to hold back over crowding due to this.

The safest time to go is at lunch on boarding day before the pasta bar or it's seating area is discovered.

Archived