Why did the Dream get shortchanged?

saltybones

I think I read that the Dream was already scheduled for this drydock before the 2.0 upgrades were announced.

So I guess, if you were a glass half full kind of person, you could say that it's a bonus that the Dream received any of the 2.0 upgrades this drydock.

Other than a Guy burger, what did you want? The ship has plenty on it and it's not old. I don't know why it was dry docked in the first place.

the Liberty got the upgrades. Yes, we had a fantastic time! But I think they need to change the name of the lido deck, to "Lido Club" deck....:D

I'm thankful that she didn't get many. Most of the 2.0 things appeal much to me. Non-2.0 ships still have burgers, comedy, and drinks. The 2.0 things have only tweaked what they already have, and have taken away some of the things that I like. So you could say that they realize that 2.0 doesn't appeal to everyone, and by leaving a ship or 2 alone for the most part, those people will know to pick those ships. Just like some people don't like what was done to Fantasy class ships, so those people still have some Fantasy class ships without the weird balconies sticking out, or without the aft pool removed.

I'm thankful that she didn't get many. Most of the 2.0 things appeal much to me. Non-2.0 ships still have burgers, comedy, and drinks. The 2.0 things have only tweaked what they already have, and have taken away some of the things that I like. So you could say that they realize that 2.0 doesn't appeal to everyone, and by leaving a ship or 2 alone for the most part, those people will know to pick those ships. Just like some people don't like what was done to Fantasy class ships, so those people still have some Fantasy class ships without the weird balconies sticking out, or without the aft pool removed.

True, and I love the aft pools... the Liberty kept their adult pool... a good choice as far as I am concerned... now if they would just get rid of those monster screens on the lido deck... or just use them at night... the movies they play in the daytime, should be played in the theatre... that is what a theatre is for..

I'll be sailing soon on the oldest ship in the fleet - for the 4th time.

No supper club; no comedy club; no big-screen TV; no Guy's burgers; no tequila bar; no rum bar; no regular balcony cabins.

I'm going to have a wonderful time in my nice, dark inside cabin and on the Serenity Deck!!!

Some people who cruise don't think more = better. Some of us actually like to spend those sea days relaxing and save our energy for doing things at the beautiful ports-of-call.

Looking forward to our Dream cruise next July...with or without what it supposedly "lacks." I was disappointed that the two "new" bars were just replacing existing bars. It seems like most of the items done at drydock were just re-branding. I don't need a lot to do on a ship since my first consideration is ports. But I am excited about a cove balcony.

Looking forward to our Dream cruise next July...with or without what it supposedly "lacks." I was disappointed that the two "new" bars were just replacing existing bars. It seems like most of the items done at drydock were just re-branding. I don't need a lot to do on a ship since my first consideration is ports. But I am excited about a cove balcony.

You will LOVE the Cove! :D

I would have liked to have the Pub, the Blue Iguana grill, Guy's burgers and the Italian restaurant added. Instead, to me, all that was done was change the name of two bars on the Lido deck to keep them open longer hours.

Ruthless,

The drydock originally was to replace worn out carpeting etc. and fix the general wear and tear on the ship. Even though the ship is relatively young, it had a lot of passengers wearing things out.

I'm not crazy about the new comedy brunch, although I do like to go to brunches. I guess it's the comedy part that seems too hokey for me. I have also read that the DJ Irie stuff is mostly rap and that would not be my choice of music, but to each his own.

We are looking forward to going on Dream in Nov. I'm interested in seeing how the new things play out.

Some people who cruise don't think more = better. Some of us actually like to spend those sea days relaxing and save our energy for doing things at the beautiful ports-of-call.

I don't need a lot to do on a ship since my first consideration is ports.

Both of these posts reflect the differences in reasons why people cruise. Both posters choose ports over ship in their hierarchy of why to choose a particular sailing. Others, like myself, prefer to sail on the newest ship with many bells & whistles and the ports are secondary.

i will miss the lunch in the dinning room I do not like the punchliner brunch menu!

No reason to miss it on the Dream.....the brunch is in one dining room , while breakfast and lunch are served in the other. Only on the Spirit class ships that may get the Brunch will there be no Breakfast/Lunch served because there is only 1 dining room.

After 26 years of sailing on Carnival, I have never been impressed with main dining room lunch anyway, but I am looking forward to all of the lunch options on my January cruise on the Breeze.

You will LOVE the Cove! :D

I expect to. :)

I don't pay much attention to the difference among ships (since, as I mentioned, the ports are my first priority), but I was happy when I realized the ship I found the itinerary I wanted was one of the ones with this cabin class.

Both of these posts reflect the differences in reasons why people cruise. Both posters choose ports over ship in their hierarchy of why to choose a particular sailing. Others, like myself, prefer to sail on the newest ship with many bells & whistles and the ports are secondary.

I agree...it's great that there is such a variety of ships/itineraries among the various lines to please different cruise styles.

Our reasoning for placing a higher importance on itinerary is that we like to visit new places, and cruising offers a good value to see a variety of places within a short period of time. Then we can decide which places to return to to spend more time (so far, we've only done that on Grand Cayman - went back for a week after a cruise stop).

When someone says something isn't fair, the first thing I think of is a 5 year old screaming because they didn't get the first choice of lolipop.

I remember back in the day when popsicles were wrapped in opaque white paper and it was always a surprise whether you got grape, cherry or orange. I was an only child, so I had no younger sibling to steal from if my flavor of choice was in their hands. ;)

I remember back in the day when popsicles were wrapped in opaque white paper and it was always a surprise whether you got grape, cherry or orange. I was an only child, so I had no younger sibling to steal from if my flavor of choice was in their hands. ;)
I thought we were talking about lollipops, not popsicles.

Now I want a popsicle, too. :(

Archived