Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise - weather in January?

Pink_Poodle

Funny, we are looking at the same cruise. We have been to Aruba on a land vacation and loved it and never been to Curacao and Bonaire. The other we have done before. We usually go in early-mid February and the weather has always been great. FL may be chilly and same goes for the Bahamas/private island but the rest should be great.

Hi,

I'm new! Please excuse me if I post this question in the wrong area, but here it goes;

We're going on a honeymoon in January and we're hours away from booking our first cruise. We're looking at Exotic Southern Caribbean cruise 29th of December- January 14th.

I'm a bit worried about the weather though.

I expect the weather in Florida to be cold and chilly, but I need some sun and nice temperatures.

What kind of weather/temperatures are to be expected?

We want a room with balcony, will we be able to use it or is it too cold?

Is this particular cruise the best bet for nice weather and warm days?

Or are there other options that will be safer bets?

Have taken similiar itininery previously, and am also on the same cruise you are going on , and anticipate very hot beautiful weather! You will need plenty of sun screen and light clothing. It really should be beautiful.

As many have said, Florida is hit and miss, and even Nassau can be mediocre Dec and early January, but the more southern Islands weather will be perfect! As project gal stated, sign up for the party (if you haven't already) and join the group on the Eclipse!

honestly, is this some type of April Fools question? Yep, probably very cold and rain in the S Carib, better take your winter coat and lots of sweaters. Hopefully they have a warm fireplace on the ship :p

It was not a April Fool's question! It was very real! I have never been South of Florida on that continent, so I had no idea what to expect.

Especially in the winter time. Fortunately I got a lot of replies and we're now going on our first cruise ever :)

If you only knew the kind of questions people ask about Norway! ...polar bears in the streets? :rolleyes:

Have taken similiar itininery previously, and am also on the same cruise you are going on , and anticipate very hot beautiful weather! You will need plenty of sun screen and light clothing. It really should be beautiful.

As many have said, Florida is hit and miss, and even Nassau can be mediocre Dec and early January, but the more southern Islands weather will be perfect! As project gal stated, sign up for the party (if you haven't already) and join the group on the Eclipse!

Thank you! Sounds great! I think we'll sign up for the party, sounds like fun ;)

The 14 night cruise from Florida is a similar itinerary to the 10/11 night cruises out of San Juan that Celebrity used to offer. These go deeper into the South Caribbean than the 7 night cruises out of San Juan go to. You'll see a more varied itinerary than a current Celebrity itinerary from San Juan and if by chance there is some less than ideal weather in part of the Caribbean then you'll be covering more ground on the 14 night cruise so you'll have better chances of traveling away from it.

As others have said the weather in Florida can be hit or miss. Most often it is sunny and warm, but not hot, and could be on the cool side. But in any event it should be way nicer than the frozen temperatures further north. You'll also have even nicer weather to look forward to once you have sailed a day or so South of Florida. Then you'll be in the Caribbean and should have nice warm to hot weather until the possibility of cool weather a day or so before your cruise ends. You can look forward to a nice break from the cold of winter.

That sounds promising :) It's gonna be great to get some warm weather in January! My body is very sensitive to the cold and bad weather, I think I was meant to live closer to the Equator ;)

This is a 14 night cruise and it is my favourite agenda. This January will be my 4th time so that tells you how much I love this schedule. It was always on the Constellation and this is the first year that the Eclipse will be taking over the itinerary. We always go at the end of January and even though the weather in Ft. Lauderdale can be chilly, you will be fine on the ship and once the ship is south of the Bahamas the weather really warms up and gets quite hot. Being the Caribbean, you could get a rain shower almost every day, but it only lasts several minutes and disappears and the sun is back out. Bring lots of sun-screen. Also, I have met the nicest people on this sailing - a bit of an older crowd, but everyone is very nice and gets along great. Because there are lots that sail this agenda every year, we have started to get to know the familiar faces. I sure hope you love this sailing and if it is hot weather you want, you will do fine. Enjoy!

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

The 14 night cruise from Florida is a similar itinerary to the 10/11 night cruises out of San Juan that Celebrity used to offer. These go deeper into the South Caribbean than the 7 night cruises out of San Juan go to. You'll see a more varied itinerary than a current Celebrity itinerary from San Juan and if by chance there is some less than ideal weather in part of the Caribbean then you'll be covering more ground on the 14 night cruise so you'll have better chances of traveling away from it.

As others have said the weather in Florida can be hit or miss. Most often it is sunny and warm, but not hot, and could be on the cool side. But in any event it should be way nicer than the frozen temperatures further north. You'll also have even nicer weather to look forward to once you have sailed a day or so South of Florida. Then you'll be in the Caribbean and should have nice warm to hot weather until the possibility of cool weather a day or so before your cruise ends. You can look forward to a nice break from the cold of winter.

I really prefer the 10/11 day schedules out of San Juan. It made for a perfect b2b and we avoided the colder (and sometimes rougher) sailing from Florida. Although we prefer 21 days to 14, we wouldn't do the b2b from Florida.

• 3 months later...
I have done many Carib. cruises in Jan/Feb and the weather is wonderful. I am booked with 3 friends again next Feb. on Celebrity Summit for the S. Carib. It will be my 5th S. Carib cruise, but I've also done the Eastern and Western Carib. with the same kind of weather.

What ship are you taking and what islands will you be visiting?

I loved Norway when I was there in 6/06 for a Brit. Isles/N. Fjords cruise. We were in Flam, Alesund and Bergen. Beautiful! In Alesund we were bundled up in 40 sweatshirts and windbreakers and saw a man water skiing in the fjord--without a wet suit!!! :eek: You Norwegians are tough.

I'm trying to decide when to go to the Southern Caribbean Between mid Jan. for 11 nights or begging of Feb. also 11 nights. The time is very close yet by the time the cruise will end it is about a month different. I'm worried that the weather in Feb. will be hotter and uncountable. The Feb. cruise is $180.00 less PP. Is their much difference between Jan and Feb. I know each month the Caribbean get to be hotter. I do want to take Feb. for the price. Those of you who went to the Southern Caribbean in Jan and Feb. can you please give me your fed back?

I'm trying to decide when to go to the Southern Caribbean Between mid Jan. for 11 nights or begging of Feb. also 11 nights. The time is very close yet by the time the cruise will end it is about a month different. I'm worried that the weather in Feb. will be hotter and uncountable. The Feb. cruise is $180.00 less PP. Is their much difference between Jan and Feb. I know each month the Caribbean get to be hotter. I do want to take Feb. for the price. Those of you who went to the Southern Caribbean in Jan and Feb. can you please give me your fed back?

Hi:) I have cruised in both Jan and Feb to the Southern Caribbean

and to be totally honest with you I don't remember if one month

was warmer than the other or not......in my opinion, either month

is good to go:D

Archived