San Diego 10:35 flight. Is this possible??

katmich12

Our April Panama Canal cruise is scheduled to end in San Diego at 6am. There is a direct flight home at 10:35am. It seems like this should work unless there is a delay that can't be forseen at this time. The dock is fairly close to the airport. Anyone know about the taxi situation at the port and airport checkin?

That's a little too early to risk. We sat waiting to disembark in San Diego for over an hour while someone was being paged. She was sitting near us oblivious . Finally realized that everyone was waiting for her to report so that everyone else could get off the ship.

I would not recommed a flight that early. In San Diego disembarkation customs for non US citizens is not done in the terminal but onboard the ship. As Hancock said if they don't show up or respond to pages everyone sits there until they are cleared...we also had this happen on a cruise this past February.

The airport is very close..so once you are off the ship it's maybe a 10 minute cab ride. Seems like taxi's have always been plentiful.

Hi,

I agree with the others who've said it's not worth the risk.

Given the check-in times and security clearances at the airport, you're going to need to arrive there by 9:30am. That means you're going to need to be off the ship and in your cab by 9:15am.

While that might sound do-able if your ship is scheduled to dock at 7:00am, there is always a possibility of delays in transit, and all too frequently there are shipboard delays getting the vessel cleared for disembarkations.

Save yourself the worry of missing your flight (and the hassles of rebooking one...) and opt for a later morning or early afternoon flight. Why 'ruin' your vacation by setting yourself up for frustration on disembarkation day?

CM

I live in San Diego and therefore try to have as many cruises as possible end up here. It pains me to say this but C-Legs is absolutely correct. If you have a morning flight I can guarantee you will miss it and if you have an afternoon flight, you'll be off the ship in less than an hour. :eek: Just the way things work out here. ;)

My advice is to check into a ship's tour of San Diego on the day of dis-embarkation. That way, you see the city, and you and your luggage are dropped off at the airport after the tour. If the timing works out right, you should not have a long wait in the terminal.

Archived